Thread: AOE Self Damage

Exclamation AOE Self Damage

I am guessing this was changed in the last patch and also not sure if this goes here but hey ho.

Just been on my PE levelling Con with his grenade launcher. Currently hitting a wall the other side of a large room and i am getting slaughtered from my own AOE damage. Why has this been changed? I have heard 'this is how it used to be' but self damage from AOE was never as bad as this.

Also when making changes to damage from weapons, vehicles etc how about doing a vote to see if the majority of the population thinks the changes are needed? Currently seems we have 1 or 2 people complaining about damage (Kamis, rockets etc) so they get nerfed to the max. I currently find myself playing less and less due to massive changes which don't seem to be getting tested or even discussed with a dwindling population which have been around for years and can give a decent insight into whether the changes are beneficial or not.

I stay out of all of the flaming because i cant be arsed with it, but felt the need to post something at least as there seems to be changes being made for changes sake when there are still issues (Balancing, armour, skill resists) that have still not been resolved. I understand you have certain people working on certain things but shouldn't there be a unified approach on the main issues first?

Anyway that's my 2p worth, i am going to jump back on and slowly blow myself to smithereens while trying to level.....

First of all - We do update titan directly from the latest version of the pts (vedeena) so everything is available for testing BEFORE it hits the retail server.

This is were the community can step in to do some tests and gave us some useful and constructive feedback about the recent changes before its getting pushed to titan. The testserver is an empty place most of the time and feedback is very rare...

Self inflicting damage was also a part of AoE weapons back in the day and became deactivated because of changes in the internal weapon logic - this was not intented. We have reimplemented the self infliction again to restore the original weapon behavior.

The damage factor is now dynamic and we are able to softupdate this value anytime we need to do this.

--

Yes we actually do listen to people (like you) but we are also able to make our own descisions

I am pretty sure Aegir (= Man of the Balancing since 2017) is already aware off this post and will do the necessary changes - or not, its up to him
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    This is were the community can step in to do some tests and gave us some useful and constructive feedback about the recent changes before its getting pushed to titan. The testserver is an empty place most of the time and feedback is very rare...
    I'd gladly do that if the process to get on veedeena was working :-)!

Orca I do believe we were indeed discussing quite in depth on this regard last night ingame, in help chat. In a professional, and respectful sense, I do appreciate you not naming players from the discussion. I am ingame as Agentcorgi, and Agentkane. To Zoltan:

Hey man listen I appreciate everything you guys are doing for the game. I'm sure we all do, but I however do not like the soft-update changes that do happen without informing players. I clearly see the AOE damage on rocket pistols got lowered drastically to the point where they are not that useful. I feel this was totally unnecessary. The damage was already not so great as it was. Why lower it? Zoltan please listen. I was one of the first players in Neocron 2.0 at its release to hit WOC3 by using drones. I am very informed regarding most of the mechanics of drones through all stages this game has seen. You guys seriously have ***ruined*** drones in my opinion.

I have to put this out there, and I'm trying to do so with all respect to you guys. It's been very frustrating. I lommed a WOC1 rifle character that I recently capped to drones. You could personally not imagine the immense frustration and anger I was experiencing at the time of this. I wanted to smash my keyboard, simply for the fact that I spent a lot of time creating this character. To go from rifles, to drones, and see that ninety percent of the drones are absolutely useless, do no damage, and have absolutely awful AOE damage is totally unacceptable. The Tl115 Raptor gatlin drone does as much damage per shot as a TL54 fusion pistol at bad quality. This is literally impossible to hunt anything high level with. It is mind numbingly painful to hunt with drones. What was anyone thinking when you guys changed drones across the board? They are all useless, and just not fun to level with anymore, or even use for endgame hunting. Punisher and Mosquito are also entirely useless. The damage changes of all the drones is not justified compared to all other forms of the game's weapon choices. I understand the change for the AOE drones and suicide drones, but everything else is uncalled for. It personally feels like a big "fuck you" slap in the face to those players who genuinely enjoy using them. Please let me know what you think. Again this opinion is coming from a player that over the years has leveled and capped numerous drone using characters, even before 2.3 of november.

From the desk of,
    Agentkane/Alex

Also i Just wanted to add, this feels like a big "fuck you" for us droners because this update came out last november. There has been a loud voicing of a somewhat similar opinion, and little to nothing has been done for users of these weapons. For goodness sake you cannot even use the MC5 drones for leveling still. They register no applicable damage. Definitely gives me a rather negative opinion on your guy's perspective for changes and development.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKane View Post
    Orca I do believe we were indeed discussing quite in depth on this regard last night ingame, in help chat. In a professional, and respectful sense, I do appreciate you not naming players from the discussion. I am ingame as Agentcorgi, and Agentkane.
    I wasn't online for a week, either you mistake me for somebody else, or somebody is faking my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    I wasn't online for a week, either you mistake me for somebody else, or somebody is faking my name.
    Must be mistaking you for someone else. Definitely wasn't you then. My mistake. However on the statements i made, can you offer an opinion back when you have the time ? I'm interested to hear yours and other's opinions on the overall matters.

Double posting here, but! Orca I totally mistook you for the original poster! Ha . It was the OP I saw ingame.

I agree with the sentiments here. The nerf to aoe seems to have only been to appease a very small select few. It has rendered a large portion of weapons useless, taken some fun away from both PvE & PvP (you try killing a stealth happy spy now), and heavily impacted levelers by the looks of the killboard (that's not even accounting for those still with LE in).

I also think making a change because of how things used to be isn't beneficial at all. There are lots of things that have changed and i think nerfing aoe & increasing self damage is definitely a change better left in the past.

Hey Josh thanks for posting. It does feel like a change that was meant to cater to a very die-hard crowd. Probably also why I'm pretty upset about it because certainly it doesn't feel like a change that was meant to benefit the entirety of this community. I can not get any of the almost dozen friends playing again with a very close, if not the same like-minded opinion. As someone too who runs multiple different business platforms in reality this is a huge thumbs down thing to do in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKane View Post
    It does feel like a change that was meant to cater to a very die-hard crowd.
    It's something which was requested specifically by one person, to combat the (very occassional) use of WoC Rockets in PVP. That they are mostly only employed vs Stealthers is not relevant to this discussion.

I've raised the amount of self-inflicted kills as a result of this hasty fix. I feel that reducing weapon damage 5 times, increasing the self-inflicted damage x3 AND increasing the bloom radius is a really hasty decision.

I understand that we have the opportunity to test these things - but let's face it, who really rolls a PTS character to sit in El Farid with a grenade launcher for 3 days?