Default Feedback request: ghost of player can stay in zone - random

Happens in pepper park often, a player can have left the zone, but a static version of that player stands in his place, sometimes a static model of the gun can appear where a player has run passed too.
    I might have seen this, but never recognized it for runners. (With the weapon I'm sure ive seen this)
    Can anyone help me with the categorization?

- Is the ghost player targetable?
    - If it's targetable, does it vanish after aprox 60 seconds?
    - Can you run through the ghost?
    - Is this observable on multiple clients at the same position?

Thank you
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Farril View Post
    I might have seen this, but never recognized it for runners. (With the weapon I'm sure ive seen this)
    Can anyone help me with the categorization?

- Is the ghost player targetable?
    It's difficult to tell. Sometimes it could be a long synch instead of the ghost issue. Night before last, I put a clip into a guy who was running through the zone line, and nothing happened - so that could be the 'ghost' issue.

- If it's targetable, does it vanish after aprox 60 seconds?
    Perhaps around 30.

- Can you run through the ghost?
    Didn't test.

- Is this observable on multiple clients at the same position?
    Yes

The ghost is targetable, shots "hit the ghost" and display the splash animation to confirm the hit but the ghost doesn't take any damage (no numbers or misses are shown at all).

It does vanish, can't say how long it's there for though.

Ghost behaves like a real runner and will push back when you walk into them (doesn't move the ghost though).

The ghost is always far from the zone line e.g when running from PP1 to P3 I've seen ghosts around the ramp to the GoGo and on journey from P3 to PP1 on the last corner between the hovercab stop and the single storm bot at the zone line.

May be anecdotal but i notice it more often when a number of players who have high run speed and are running across zones chasing down another player.

Kiss with DIS

There are two versions of this bug.
    First bug: If a player leaves a zone, his model is still in zone, however he is not physically in that zone, the model can be struck and pushed but takes no damage.

Second version and a much older bug, in certain zones, MB is a good example, in the centre of the zone you have a default PE model, you can even see damage numbers come from it, but it will be static, it will represent a player elsewhere in the zone.

Why start a thread like this and then not give any feedback almost two weeks into making it? Messed up dude.

Don't think so at all.
    I started this thread because I need to know where to loo, whether it be on the client side, server side and if on the server side if on the communication level or the core logic. That's why there are specific questions rather than a just tell me all you know.

Since you see that this bug is still open and not fixed, the quest to find that bugger continues.

Yet I thank everyone answering and leaving this thread further open in case there is still something to add.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT