Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Same error, full with missing libs.

Here's what I suggest you do:

1. You get a Win 7 VM
    2. You try to install the Testsever with the new launcher
    3. You try to connect to the Testserver
    4. You create fixes for any errors you find
    5. You create a new package which contains a working client to the testserver
    6. You come back and inform us that the process to get on veedeena is not a broken mess
    7. ???
    8. profit

Edit: Wrong thread, belongs into the Veedeena thread

Still though. Asking for testing while the connection mechanic is broken is kinda
    Working fine. Here's what I suggest you do.

1. Right click on your "Neocron 2.3 - Testserver" and select remove.
    2. Then re-add the test server using the drop down in the bottom left to select "Neocron 2.3 - Testserver" and then click "+"
    3. Let it re-install your test server client.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Working fine. Here's what I suggest you do.

1. Right click on your "Neocron 2.3 - Testserver" and select remove.
    2. Then re-add the test server using the drop down in the bottom left to select "Neocron 2.3 - Testserver" and then click "+"
    3. Let it re-install your test server client.
    [ edited ]

This is the equivalent of telling me to turn it off and on again.

I'll try it, but if it fails I expect one day with all my skills set to 255 to beat the shit out of a certain player / no entirely serious
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 22-02-17 at 11:22.

2. Side Scrolling News Feeds are cancer and have to go
    Placeholder and not existent in the final version

3. Feed is not up to day
    It will be as actual as news are provided

4. Select Drop Down is one third the length necessary for the text inside
    See 2

5. Drop down doesn't show which server I'm targeting because it's the same colour as the background (I have to click INSIDE to see where I'm going to connect)
    You don't target a server there, you target a client/game which goes along to 6.

6. Version and Language fields are badly positioned and mean nothing to me
    The right part are informations for the selected client/game and would update properly; the language field wasn't meant to be the client setting and will change to the server language

At a first start you will be promted to select a client and for further clients the dropdown and plus button will become a "Add" button that triggers a small dialog.

The UI wasn't merged for a while, so consider most things done/fixed/changed

Quote Originally Posted by Xortag View Post
    Placeholder and not existent in the final version

It will be as actual as news are provided

See 2

You don't target a server there, you target a client/game which goes along to 6.

The right part are informations for the selected client/game and would update properly; the language field wasn't meant to be the client setting and will change to the server language

At a first start you will be promted to select a client and for further clients the dropdown and plus button will become a "Add" button that triggers a small dialog.

The UI wasn't merged for a while, so consider most things done/fixed/changed
    Okey so whens the merge coming?

Hi chaps

I tried to get onto PTS tonight via the old launcher and the new.

The old launcher installs the patches, then will not start at all.

The new launcher would not start initially. It also would not remove clients from the list, or perform an install.

So I removed the files and restarted, then tried the launcher again. It took a while, but allowed me to remove the client files.

When I click on ADD CLIENT - nothing happens. All I get is a swirling circle in the bottom, next to the Add Client button.

Hi
    got nearly the same problems cant get the new launcher to do anything
    tried everythin I know but it just wouldnt install itself or launch at all just freezes my winexplorer

and with the old launcher i cant get on testserver either it updates and then just doesnt start up anymore

Try to re-start your launcher to let it get the latest update. I have temporary added the old client selection until the popup is finalized. Some elements have no style applied, they will be back in the next update.

If you have the swirly icon, it means you either updating or downloading, the whole progressbar shouldn't appear without anything triggered (Download, File check, Install).

Tried everything even the old Launcher, after it updates , the Launcher restarts and just doesnt start anymore

It seems the test server just doesnt like me

This new UI is just awful! Say what you want about the old launcher but at least it was functional. Was typing login details and for soem reason ended up typing into a sticky note on my desktop. Moved the launcher and attempted again. Got my password wrong and got locked for two hours - okay my bad. Tried to escape the launcher and had to ctrl alt delete because the background was blurred and wasn't clear where the close button was.

It's pretty but it's pretty bugged. No wonder population is low when you got this buggy launcher. Please sort it out lads.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

I like the look of the new launcher, but it seems that we've lost the ability to change the video resolution.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

I've recently started getting an annoying 'no disc inserted' message popping up that has to be closed multiple times until the game will launch

How do we change the game resolution with the new launcher? Without having to delete and reinstall.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

Right click the server's name, click configure from the menu.

Has anyone had any issues with it overwriting/deleting other files? I only ask as I just tried the experimental launcher, set it to download the test server to my D drive which had absolutely nothing else on it besides Overwatch, and now the Overwatch folder/installation has completely vanished and it's just filled with NC files

Maybe it's trying to tell me to play NC more, but yeh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Error after installation: ~800 Missed files.

None of the Options accessable through the menu (reinstall, update, remove, repair) are working.

-> Still can't connect to the testserver.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast