The NST is changing the way you download connect to the test server.
The old launcher has been showing it's age for a long time. It was designed when 56k modems were "state of the art" equipment, and as many of you know it's very slow to download patches.
We have a new experimental launcher which will become the way you connect to Neocron. In the mean time here is how to get onto the test server using the new launcher.
The new launcher self-updates every time you start it, so don't be surprised if the launcher suddenly changes.
To use the new launcher requires Windows 7 SP1 minimum.
- Download the new launcher setup from http://downloads.neocron-game.com/Ne...cher-Setup.exe
- Run the installer - this will install the launcher, DirectX VC++2013 Runtimes and .NET 4.6.2 which are all required to run Neocron. DO NOT install it into your existing Neocron path.
- Start the launcher - and login with your Neocron account username and password.
- Install the test server - In the bottom left you will see a dropdown box - Select "Neocron Evolurion 2.3 - Test Server" and click on the + button.
- Select a directory to install the Test Server.
- The launcher will install the required files for the test server/
- Once downloaded, select the "Neocron Evolurion 2.3 - Test Server" icon on the left and click the "Play" button.
As stated earlier in the thread, the new launcher is experimental and should be considered a alpha/beta release. The code that handles the downloading/updating of the client is very stable and has been used extensively internally by the NST for years.
The parts that are still a work in progress is the launcher UI - so we welcome any constructive feedback in this thread.