The dome is such a huge place and I feel its just an empty carcass, I have some idea's which would make things interesting:

I think the core zone's should have the last remnants of DOY troops and high level mutants who have made a home in the lost sectors. Each ex City Faction HQ could also have a mob, for example FA did some experiments there, we could have a big mutant boss and areas that drops tech parts. Hacking the sector could allow that faction to GR in without SI and perhaps offer supplies etc..

Doy faction:

Doy was defeated and everyone fled, but it still stands and there are still soldiers fighting for it's cause, perhaps we could use this to create a DOY faction, its allied to TG, Neutral to the other anti city factions and enemy to all pro city factions.

We could have the main sector the last safe area for surviving DOY citizens and outside of these guards and mobs which fight each other 24/7.. players could join in the fight or go deeper into DOY, we could have some missions as well for end game.

We could bring back the DOY apartments and leave the centre zone safe, due to low population DOY citizens should be able to enter NC for trade reasons.