Default UI Interaction Updates

Coming back after "several" years on hiatus, one of the first things that was painfully obvious was how tedious inventory management is in Neocron. I've obviously been spoiled by modern UIs...

Drag Entire Stack
    e.g. Shift + Drag

Move an entire stack from one storage area to another (GoGuardian, Inventory, Cabinet, Loot Window, etc) without a quantity dialogue.

Quick Move Entire Stack
    e.g. Shift + Double-Click

Same as above, but without the mouse drag. The advantage to the above is being able to select where the stack will go. Double-clicking would simply move it to the first available spot.

Drag One Item from Stack
    e.g. Control + Drag

Move a single item from a stack of multiple items from one storage area to another without a quantity dialogue.

Quick Move One Item from Stack
    e.g. Control + Double-Click

Same as above, but without the mouse drag.

Item Swapping on Drag
    When you drag an item from one slot on a quickbelt to another, they should swap places rather than having to shuffle them around to the inventory and back like we do.

Armor should also swap out on drag when armor is dropped onto a slot already having armor present. Simply swap the two.

Quote Originally Posted by -FN- View Post
    Drag Entire Stack
    e.g. Shift + Drag

Move an entire stack from one storage area to another (GoGuardian, Inventory, Cabinet, Loot Window, etc) without a quantity dialogue.

[...]
    Drag One Item from Stack
    e.g. Control + Drag

Move a single item from a stack of multiple items from one storage area to another without a quantity dialogue.
    Those two made it into code and will now be tested on the internal test server and coming to vedeena with the next testserver patch.

Gonna work through the other suggestions too, but tha is some bit more work.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

On the internal testserver and client i have just now added the capability to handle double-clicks.

I would like to start a discussion, what these double clicks should do. There are a lot of options depending on what item type is double clicked, where it is located and which windows are open.

I.e.
    1) On the Implant / Armor / Processor Window-Items double click shall remove them.
    2) Double clicking any inventory item while an container (gogo, cabinet, loot) is open should move the item into this container. (with the move item stack behaviour mentioned in the opening post)
    3) Double clicking an item in the inv while no container is open move them depending on item type: armor -> armor window, imp -> implant window, weapon -> qb, ammo -> load into equipped weapon, BPs and Tradeskill Tools -> Processor

I would like your inputs. Please add a number (continuing from the other ideas) to your suggestion so we can referto it in the discussion. (The next one would be 4)

Thank you.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

The 3 cases are fine and make sense. Would lead to more comfort while playing.

Why not dclick an item in loot / dclick in quickbelt, to get the items in my inventory?! That would be great.

Awesome work Farril

Expanding on point #3, I wanted to visualize all the places movable items could be:

• Inventory (F2)
    • Processor (F7)
    • Armor (F4)
    • Implants (F3)
    • Quickbelt (0-9)
    • Mob Loot
    • Container (GoGuardian, Cabinet, Box, Bag, Trade Window?, etc)

Am I missing any?

So you're suggesting that things double-clicked from the Inventory (F2) window would behave as follows:

• Armor -> Armor (F4)
    • Implants -> Implants (F3)
      • Would this be the same as dragging to the Implant Window?
      • So it would go to the Processor (F7) if no tool/gel were present?
    • Weapon -> Quickbelt (0-9)
      • Would modifiers be applicable? e.g. hold 5 and double-click = Slot 5?
    • Ammo -> load into equipped weapon
      • How would multiple weapons in the QB be handled? Perhaps the modifier again?
    • BPs and Tradeskill Tools -> Processor
      • Would it be smart enough to always put tools in the first slot, BP in the second?

I can't think of any other instances where you would double-click an item without a Container open...

Slight deviation in thought:

• What about dragging a BP to a CST/RES Tool to start the process?
    • Dragging a cloneable item to a Recycling Tool to put it in the Processor? Junk should be manually put in after.

Would work these things when alle windows are open? In my RPOS are all windows open allways.

Quote Originally Posted by -FN- View Post

• What about dragging a BP to a CST/RES Tool to start the process?
    • Dragging a cloneable item to a Recycling Tool to put it in the Processor? Junk should be manually put in after.
    That would be very kewl. Dragging Items on other Items to start the process - or even put all the items in processor, so u simply have to click the start button.