Post T#219-220 Patch Notes

The patch level for the test server has been reset, so you must create a new test server installation. Please follow the instructions for creating a test client. The latest installer released on the download page is already patched to #212 to save time on patching.

KEY BINDING CHANGED!
    Please reassign your keys. In the key options click DEFAULT and from there start assigning your wished key bindings again. If you do not reassign your keys, formerly ALT+[KEY] combination will work on [KEY] only!

New features

• Added ALT+[KEY] bindings. Players can now decide which action shall be used with a ALT+[KEY] combination.
    • Added Loot-Rights! With ALT+0 to ALT+5 you can select who might be able to loot your NPCs. This applies just loot NPCs (hackgame loot to follow if this is working as intended)
    • Added new controls to drones. Droners can now control the distance to ground with Duck and Jump keybindings.
    • Added the use of Browser keys Previous/Next in the main menu to go back/next.
    • Added Player-vs-Player action flagging. This is disabled in the default gameplay settings. But we might come back to discuss the flag and it's effects and test various combinations of the flag config.

Fixes

• Fixes RPOS Hint of the Day fontsettings: This is now in the fonts.ini
    • Fixed NPC Dialog to not show the old answer options when blending the new dialog text
    • Increased NPC Dialog blending speed
    • Fixed Main-Menu key option menu: Using the up and down buttons does not require to select the centered action anymore before setting the key binding
    • Fixed Main-Menu character selection: The male heads should be now in the same position independent of character class. (Female to follow)
    • Fixed Main-Menu all: ESC key changed! It will return to the last menupoint instead of leaving the game. On the login menu the ESC will still prompt you to exit.
    • Fixed Main-Menu list boxes: Active ListBoxes did scroll on key repeat events, even when neocron was not in focus.

Known issues

• Configuring hardware from the launcher isn't working. The workaround is to hold down Shift when you click on "Play Neocron 2" button. Keep shift pressed until the hardware configuration screen comes up.
    • Starting the tutorial will crash the client
    • The game crashes on exit, when you do not ALT+F4.
    Last edited by Farril; 25-01-17 at 13:28. Reason: Added known Issues
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Please god no flagging system.

The PvP system as it stands now is glorious. Aside from the LE's of course.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Please god no flagging system.

The PvP system as it stands now is glorious. Aside from the LE's of course.
    Think about events. Think about that some sign of PvP might allow you to enter a hideout, you can't enter without spilling some blood first?

This flag is designed highly dynamic, it can be activated for a single zone only and with very specific permissions.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

-Screenshot function seem to not work for me, tried to rebind, same result.
    -Game crashed upon closing (after "join community" splash)
    -Elevation keys for drones are AMAZING. No more lost drones in grates, better survivelance of terrain. "Keep elevation" key that would keep drone at current height would be great addition to this.
    -Some drones can fly extremely high hitting the "ceiling" of the sky, causing some aesthethics discomfort (especially here: Laser, Gatling, Scout, Ion)

Keep it up!

Edit: Maybe we can add elevation control for gliders as well?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    -Screenshot function seem to not work for me, tried to rebind, same result.
    Can you list the resolution you are running in and also are you in window mode or full screen mode?
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Can you list the resolution you are running in and also are you in window mode or full screen mode?
    Fullscreen, game set up as 1366x720. Native desktop is highier.

Quote Originally Posted by Farril View Post
    Think about events. Think about that some sign of PvP might allow you to enter a hideout, you can't enter without spilling some blood first?

This flag is designed highly dynamic, it can be activated for a single zone only and with very specific permissions.
    The brilliance of having events in NC, or any other game with open PvP that requires no flagging (I come from Darkfall) is that it makes events risky.

The ability to crash an event at any time means that people can participate without participate in the actual event. People get hired for security. Or if there's a hated player taking part in the event, people get hired to kill that player and ruin it for him.

The "scary" aspect of PvP is what makes it great. Most people won't show up to an event to ruin it; but the bad apples who could potentially ruin it keep everyone on their toes, and that makes the atmosphere that much more fun.
    The Melee Pusher

The brilliance of having events in NC, or any other game with open PvP that requires no flagging (I come from Darkfall) is that it makes events risky.

The ability to crash an event at any time means that people can participate without participate in the actual event. People get hired for security. Or if there's a hated player taking part in the event, people get hired to kill that player and ruin it for him.
    Tbh, i think you have all means to put some "scary" aspects, without crushing events.
    If taking away the motivation of others to participate or organise an event and build up frustration because the hard work was just for you to crush in and expect this beeing the appealing part of neocron, you are very very mistaken.

And on a side node: Read again my post. There was an example.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

Tbh, i think you have all means to put some "scary" aspects, without crushing events.
    If taking away the motivation of others to participate or organise an event and build up frustration because the hard work was just for you to crush in and expect this beeing the appealing part of neocron, you are very very mistaken.

And on a side node: Read again my post. There was an example.
    I read your post. And your "example" wasn't good.

NC's big draw is supposed to be its PvP; the fact that the game has zone lines (with secure sectors sitting right on top of PvP hotspots) AND LE'd players already works against its biggest draw.

Adding flags is a garbage option that removes a big part of the game. Again, this is my opinion.
    The Melee Pusher

Adding flags is a garbage option that removes a big part of the game. Again, this is my opinion.
    It does not remove anything at all. It allows to ADD the option to create "cagefight" and "only PvP" zones.
    Did you even log into vedeena once and see anything that was a downside to PvP since that patch?

What would remembering the last 10 seconds remove? Please explain.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

It does not remove anything at all. It allows to ADD the option to create "cagefight" and "only PvP" zones.
    Did you even log into vedeena once and see anything that was a downside to PvP since that patch?

What would remembering the last 10 seconds remove? Please explain.
    Every zone that isn't a Secure Sector is a "PvP Only" zone. "Cagefight", I don't know what you're referring to; I'm going to assume it has to do with 1 vs 1s.

You "need" flags to create a 1 vs 1 match up? As if people DON'T do that in PP on a daily basis?

Or that I hosted a goddamn tournament without flags?

You know what the coolest part of the tournament was? When SOAD got pissed that they didn't sign up in time and tried to camp the Apartment that the tournament was hosted in. And everyone participating (and watching) went outside and stomped them into the floor.

If you added "flags" to everyone spectating/participating in the tournament, that amazing moment would never have happened.

To answer if I logged in on Vedeena, the answer I must admit is no; for whatever reason, Vedeena and my computer don't mesh well. I crash often, and when I do get to play the entire thing is stuttery/laggy and my mouse feels like it's moving through quicksand.

And let me be clear: I appreciate all the work you guys do. Truly, I do. And regardless of what my opinion may be, you're free to implement changes if you see them as being the best route for the future of NC.

I'm just saying, I think flags are garbage, and I have never heard a single person state "oh if only there was flagging, NC would be so much better". What I do hear people ask for is:

1) Balancing of weapons
    2) LE removal
    3) Rework of the stealth tool to prevent abuse
    4) Mechanics to combat the abuse of zone hugging
    The Melee Pusher