Default State of the Game

Howdy all. I haven't been able to log in except for maybe 3-4 times since 2.3 hit, and even then it was only for a few minutes each time (rl can be such a drag).

Just wanted to ask some questions to see how my favorite game is doing:

1) Is the population still hitting over 100 during peak hours?
    2) Has OP fighting started up again? There hadn't been one in ages when I last logged in.
    3) Is armor type still pretty much everything in combat? As in, if you bring rock, and they bring paper, you insta lose? (Think Poison Flamethrower vs someone with no poison armor and dead in 3 shots)
    4) There was a suggestion that Jack posted a few weeks ago about removing safe zones; did that ever get implemented?
    5) Is there a goddamn Greatsaber in the game yet? Or am I stuck wielding toothpicks when I get the chance to come back?

Thanks in advance. <3 you all
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

1) yes the population is around 90-100 at peak, this is a little lower than usual due to NCC taking around 30-40 players
    2) coudlnt say, from looking at kill lists there do seem to be occasional op fights
    3) armour and resists are extremely important, especially now health bounce has gone - if someone brings a poison flamethrower you are dead, devourer is extremely overpowered right now, no matter how good your resists are
    4) PP1 is still safe as are a few other areas
    5) no, devils grace is the closest you will get, though melee has been worked on a bit recently.
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Any talks on putting this on Steam anytime soon?
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
    Any talks on putting this on Steam anytime soon?
    Soon - I am not sure when, everything else is something we can talk about.

We still need to push out the new deployment system which has been in work since 2014. We had put this on ice in the meanwhile (it's only running on our internal systems) to free resources for the main Neocron development.

So let us finish some remaining balancing stuff such like implants and an overhaul of the existing wastelands levelspots. I am pretty sure we are ready for a steam release after these tasks are done.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 05-02-17 at 18:17.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Sounds great!

What are you thinking in terms of marketing the game on Steam? I assume you have to upload your own videos, pics, descriptions, etc. F2P with no cash shop would be a good thing to emphasize since most F2P and B2P games today have obnoxious cash shops (unless you plan on implementing one ). Old school sandbox MMO, no themepark nonsense here. Real time first/third person combat.

I think it can definitely find an audience with how different it is to current games.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Are the rest of the weapons/armor etc. gonna get their visuals updated before getting Neocron onto STEAM??

Dont forget to rework the terminal pls. The market, clan forums and so on still don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    Dont forget to rework the terminal pls. The market, clan forums and so on still don't work.
    If you're on it, make it so we see one of each possible mission on page 1. No more minutes of page turning to find that one mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    If you're on it, make it so we see one of each possible mission on page 1. No more minutes of page turning to find that one mission.
    Having a better quest log that shows the mission itself, a count of how many kills remain, and any associated conversations with NPCs would be amaze-balls.