Post Things you whish you had known earlier

Hello dear Runners,

as some of you noticed already I am currently on a run about some bugs and annoyances.
    One of them is that some of the things you can do or are about to do in neocron are only known due to one player telling the next one. I.e. that you can switch chat channels by ALT+C. Basically removing obstacles that are just not needed and based on missing knowledge.

To change that I have implemented a hint of the day system as it is known by many games and applications: "Did you know? ..." messages that are prominently presented at places you are bound to see.

For the next Vedeena update this comes to neocron too. If you don't like it, no problem: it will be of a configurable color so you can make it 100% transparent.

The problem I face right now: I do not know everything what are the things, that you whish you have known earlier regarding how to use this game and can be explained by a short line? I encourage to write up the points you like to see explained to players like the ALT+C mentioned above.

Thank you,
    Tim 'Farril' Seidel
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

alt+e 3rd person
    alt+f fps
    alt+m mini map
    alt+b direct back
    alt+j clan arrows
    alt+k disable trade

how to activate custom chats
    Last edited by M4rK; 28-12-16 at 17:19.

This is going to sound like a joke, but a full researcher, leveled in Faction HQ, by doing research missions, is a super simple solution to MANY problems one faces at various points in the leveling process. (cash, gear, IDing rares, Leveling lesser stats on alts, and friends characters, etc)

Things like Soullight, Drop belts, Safeslot, Hacking minigame, Implants, Help chat(F1), Alt+H and Alt+C aren't immediately obvious to a new player and unless you start with a knowledgable friend, they could pass you by completely

That some Classes are harder to play/level and start with then others
    everybody that wanted to play PPU when they started with NC will understand this
    something like this

"Field Medics are the Healer Class, so keep in Mind: your Attacks are limited you should start with a Friend"

"The Law Enforcer protects you from other players that want to kill you but prohibits you from joining a Clan"

necromancer-002.jpg

Ress that dead post!
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

sorry not sorry