Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Zone whoring will always happen, no one is going to just accept their fate and will try to escape, its a pain but there is still a chance you can kill the player, going back to safezones will just make the problem worse.
    Just to make sure: I am not for adding more safezones and I like the idea of fights in the HQs.
    I am just against removing all safezones, because it will not solve anything and just open up issues we already know.

But that is - i repeat - my personal opinion. I have no problems implementing changes I do not favor but are a plus for the community.

@Drake6k,
    Trying to ignore parts of the community does not help you get new opponents, it is more like reducing diversity and if not directly then indirectly reduces any possible influx you'r opponents are coming from. You may say, that there is no diversity, so who cares but i believe we need to allow it beforehand and get diversity as a result.

On the point itself:
    If there is no impact in leveling within the city limits because that is broken anyways like you said, then the broken system has to be fixed rather then destroying it any further, don't you agree?
    I think we all do not want to administer the loss, but revitalize again.

At least that's why I am working on fixing old annoying bugs, even tho I could say that it does not harm, as everyone is used to it. But I think it's the other way around: only those who are used to it don't care, everyone else is turned away by it.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Farril View Post
    Just to make sure: I am not for adding more safezones and I like the idea of fights in the HQs.
    I am just against removing all safezones, because it will not solve anything and just open up issues we already know.

But that is - i repeat - my personal opinion. I have no problems implementing changes I do not favor but are a plus for the community.
    Sure I understand, I just wanted to explain my reasoning here that's all.

It's also nice to see a member of the NST providing opinions here as that's really important so thank you for your input.

OT: It would be really nice to see some of the places like the pepper 3 sewers getting a revamp, that place is pretty impressive but its so empty and I would love to see all the leveling area's connected, I.E the end of the Aggressor cellars could lead into the pp3 sewers and vice versa, would really make those area's feel less linear.

Really my biggest pain point are the Safezones, bordering to active PvP zones, a.k.a. Clubs in Pepperpark.

Any opinion on this farril?

Just thinking about Elevator fights in Clubs and dead dual logged PPU's gives me a boner.

Remove safe Clubs NOW!

Now I know my opinion means very, very little amongst many who post on these forums, but I'm curious, why not move the PvP to a different zone? I used to remember the days when other pp zones were used for these mini fights, even some of the outdone zones(which was actually a lot of fun), surely some issues some peeps are experiencing with PP1 for an example could be sorted just by a community deciding to move pp1 fight to another zone? 1 without safe zone boarders?

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Viper 911 View Post
    Now I know my opinion means very, very little amongst many who post on these forums, but I'm curious, why not move the PvP to a different zone? I used to remember the days when other pp zones were used for these mini fights, even some of the outdone zones(which was actually a lot of fun), surely some issues some peeps are experiencing with PP1 for an example could be sorted just by a community deciding to move pp1 fight to another zone? 1 without safe zone boarders?
    Everyone's opinion is valid and welcome imo, it's getting people to agree on going to other zones to fight, each pp area has a safe zone directly connected to them so that would mean fighting in OZ sectors, but as the advantage of moving to another zone like that would go against players, its unlikely they would fight there as they won't be able to park their ppu alts in any surrounding safe zones.
    We have called out in the past in OZ to see if anyone would show, but no one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    The reason I use kamis so much in PP1 is because it ends fights when the loser would otherwise run through into a safe zone. Nothing frustrates me more than winning fights and having them run into safe zone every single time.
    Then why PvP in the city at all? I don't understand how so many people seem to be against having safezones but so many won't even PvP out in the wastes. You really need to decide what kind of PvP you want before trying to change the game for everyone else.
    I'd think pushing PvP outside of the city would be beneficial to PvP'ers and makes the most sense from a story/RP point of view.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Then why PvP in the city at all? I don't understand how so many people seem to be against having safezones but so many won't even PvP out in the wastes. You really need to decide what kind of PvP you want before trying to change the game for everyone else.
    I'd think pushing PvP outside of the city would be beneficial to PvP'ers and makes the most sense from a story/RP point of view.
    I do not love Pepper Park pvp. I go there because there are guaranteed fights and because my clan fights there. We do go roam the wastes all the time. We often take a gang of vehicles, leaving from either Battle Dome or DRT and going over the whole map. We get fights at MC5 over base commander. We sometimes hack a layer of an OP and try to fish for fights that way.

If the clubs were not safe zones then people wouldn't all go straight to PP1 anymore.

Edit: Also, we're not "changing the game for everyone else." The clubs being safe zones would only affect Pepper Park pvp; they are not leveling or trading zones. You've still got Plaza 1 and your LE chip. Do people think we're trying to gank noobs in Club Veronique? There are no noobs there.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I did nothing but PVP in Neocron, anyone who remembers me from Uranus will attest to that. I never 'duelled' or took part in the Pepper Park nonsense, I was out in the wastes op warring day in day out for months, often on my own or with just one or two others against entire clans.

I remember one particular situation where I was chasing down 2 uTs members who had started destroying turrets at Malstrond, a PPU and a tank. I almost killed the PPU before the two of them PPU bolted for the zoneline. They then proceeded to zone right from the very southwest corner of H9, making it almost impossible for me to tell if they were zoning to H8 or G9. They proceeded to do the same from G9 (H9 or G8?) and G8 (G9 or H8). When I guessed it wrong, they had time to heal and rebuff. Eventually they ran for Gabanium, most likely out of boredom as neither of us could gain an advantage. I didn't moan about zonewhoring, or insist that the game be changed to suit me. It was PVP and a perfectly valid tactic. Indeed, I learned from that experience and used it infrequently myself as a means to escape when outnumbered.

What does Plaza 2 being a safezone have to do with this? Nothing. Because I come from a time when people actually PVPed. No-one cared that the city had safezones because people looked past their egos and accepted that Neocron was a game that engendered many different kinds of play, from pepper park divas to op warriors to softie tradeskillers to people who just wanted to hunt warbots.

People who maunder on about how important the ethic of PVP above all else really have no idea just how unappealing they make Neocron. If people wanted a pure PVP game, why would they ever play Neocron? Why would they even play an MMO?

Ignoring all that, how bloody stupid is that a militaristic repressive regime allows its citizens to fight each other willy nilly in the central areas of it's sole city? What happened to the idea that Via Rosso, Plaza, Pepper Park and the Outzone were meant to literally represent the lessening of Reeza's grip, allowing players more and more freedom as they escaped Neocron's boundaries? That the walls/etc became grubbier and dirtier the further you went from VR was by design, as was the lessening grip of safezones and indeed, not even copbots/stormbots by the end.

But nooo, PVP must come first even if it completely destroys the soul of an area.
    Last edited by Celt; 28-12-16 at 04:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I do not love Pepper Park pvp. I go there because there are guaranteed fights and because my clan fights there. We do go roam the wastes all the time.
    So would you agree that forcing PvP outside of the city is the best answer rather than encouraging it? The game has never been designed nor based around zoneline hugging but on exploration and conquest (whether PvP or PvE).

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Guys... devs... safe zone whoring does have an easy solution.

In other games, you can not zone out if you are flagged as PvP.

Let's say for X seconds, that will avoid that someone marked as PvP status (he has shoot a target) would be able to zone, he will have to wait. Do not know how versatile is the new framework Pegasus or it has to be hard coded, but, I think that is a real solution.

Arguing that the SZ removal is due to zone whoring may not be completely true as zone whoring (maybe) would be solved by another way and SZ status, IMHO, are more related to traders, new players, city enviroment and many other features, but not zone whores.

So, we all would have tons of oppinions to remove or keep SZ, but I think that we all must want to solve the zone whore issue, so, when it's solved, we could have a clear view about SZ.

Quote Originally Posted by drenergetico View Post
    Guys... devs... safe zone whoring does have an easy solution.

In other games, you can not zone out if you are flagged as PvP.

Let's say for X seconds, that will avoid that someone marked as PvP status (he has shoot a target) would be able to zone, he will have to wait. Do not know how versatile is the new framework Pegasus or it has to be hard coded, but, I think that is a real solution.

Arguing that the SZ removal is due to zone whoring may not be completely true as zone whoring (maybe) would be solved by another way and SZ status, IMHO, are more related to traders, new players, city enviroment and many other features, but not zone whores.

So, we all would have tons of oppinions to remove or keep SZ, but I think that we all must want to solve the zone whore issue, so, when it's solved, we could have a clear view about SZ.
    I don't think there is a PvP Flag mechanic in NC .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123