Default Bigger Melee Weapons

I know it's a super low priority seeing as how most (basically no one other than myself) plays a melee main, but I can't imagine it'd be difficult to open up the meshes and scale them up to 1.5/2x the size they are currently. It just feels really lame going around hitting people with flimsy looking toothpicks.

I know you guys have your priorities. And I think you're OP for keeping NC alive. Just a little peeve of mine for a while now.

Keep up the good work.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

My main pvp character is a melee tank.

I think the devils grace looks pretty badass, but since it does less damage than the Thunderbolt, I don't have 115 str on my build. I guess it could be bigger, but it doesn't feel tiny to me.

The size of tank PA looks too bulky for melee, dwarfing the weapon and not looking agile.

I do think the Blade of Ceres looks badass, but a bit too small. It's also outclassed by all the higher TL rares. In order to give melee more variety, it would be cool having one weapon, maybe the Blade of Ceres deal huge chunks of damage, but at a slow speed.

A second or third swing animation for 3rd person would be a huge improvement. Right now we just get the durr overhead swing over and over.

On the bright side we got two new melee rares on the test server and the junk knife one does a good poison dot.

It's funny that melee is str instead of dex. I guess melee could go either way, slashing or chopping. Given that melee is str, it would make sense for them to be large.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    My main pvp character is a melee tank.

I think the devils grace looks pretty badass, but since it does less damage than the Thunderbolt, I don't have 115 str on my build. I guess it could be bigger, but it doesn't feel tiny to me.

The size of tank PA looks too bulky for melee, dwarfing the weapon and not looking agile.

I do think the Blade of Ceres looks badass, but a bit too small. It's also outclassed by all the higher TL rares. In order to give melee more variety, it would be cool having one weapon, maybe the Blade of Ceres deal huge chunks of damage, but at a slow speed.

A second or third swing animation for 3rd person would be a huge improvement. Right now we just get the durr overhead swing over and over.

On the bright side we got two new melee rares on the test server and the junk knife one does a good poison dot.

It's funny that melee is str instead of dex. I guess melee could go either way, slashing or chopping. Given that melee is str, it would make sense for them to be large.
    The Devil's Grace, aesthetically, looks cool as hell. No argument there. But it is like swinging a little toothpick around; the Blade of Ceres is even worse. Your character's arm is literally bigger than it, and when you're running around swinging it most of the time it looks like you're swinging nothing (same goes for the Zsu-Zsu).

The claw weapons actually look pretty good as far as aesthetics and scaling goes. And I agree that the overhead caveman swing spam definitely doesn't help the feel that melee is underwhelming.

And yeah, I'm super happy that Zoltan took the time to whip up a couple new melee rares on the Test Server. But the issue for me is that the weapons have no feeling behind them because they look so weak. Think of all the ranged weapons and how cool they both look and sound; I mean, the shoulder mounted shotgun cannon thing that Tanks use sounds horrifying when you first hear it.

Like, if they just scaled everything up by 50-100% in size I'd be perfectly content. They could even JUST do it for the rares, so they'd have that shock and awe behind them compared to regular ones.
    The Melee Pusher

Would for sure be cool to see some bigger/cooler melee weapons.

I'd rather see some variety in the rate of fire of weapons as well. Seems like everything has the same repetitive fire rate.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox View Post
    Would for sure be cool to see some bigger/cooler melee weapons.

I'd rather see some variety in the rate of fire of weapons as well. Seems like everything has the same repetitive fire rate.
    Agreed.

On a side note, is there any way you guys can make it so we can Melee people who are stealthed? I don't have a problem that they can cloak, but it's rather annoying that even if we do an amazing job of tracking, we can't do any damage.

Couple that with the fact that there appears to be zero CD time, and those who can cloak should realistically never die.
    The Melee Pusher

I`d love a fast rate of fire weapon for melee. Something akin to SMGs/Gatlings which deal frequent low damage rather than swings.

Ideally it would be a Chainsaw, but since adding new weapon kind to the game would be too much effort, just copying existing weapon type like Stilleto and adjusting frequency to least 3 attacks per seecond, while accordingly lowering the damage should be ok.

Just a weapon where you hold the mouse button down and see mob HP drain down.