Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Drones and other ideas

Hi @all

I would like to suggest, that at first, we need to talk about the handling of drones.
    It starts with
    1. drones don't start often if i have it in my hand, needs more tries to launch them.
    2. drones in my opinion are getting faster damaged as other rifles or pistols (may be just be a feeling)
    3. drones distances are a little bit low, i tried to skill everything into not using any other point on something else, doesn't allow me to fly the way from mb to bunker for example. This is just my measure for it. From bunker to the vehicle station is always about 70 % and it starts to flicker and stress so much.
    4. There are drones, like the RK-250 which you just can get up into the air so damn hard. It takes about 1 minute forward-backward-forward- to get it higher the the heads of the enemy. I think, if the skills are just set for using drones, then it should be any drone that i can handle with ease.
    5. The most disguisting bug is the 3rd person view, after escaping out of the drone flight view. It handicaps you for about 1 second to pickup the drone, where everyone easily can take it. And even if this is the main problem all the time, it's just a pain in the neck to switch after every flight.

Other nice stuff or features would be:

1. As a droner i am almost dead if someone reaches me (enemy), i would love to have a kind of danger radar, where i just can get the chance to save myself e.g. to run away or get my drone back so i dont drop it somewhere if i die.
    This may not be necessarely a radar, it also can display the players around me like it does while i am not in drone flight.
    2. The persons around me should be marked in the list of people near me like blue friends with LE, white friends without LE, yellow enemies with LE and red enemies without LE. This is not just for the fighting situation not to hit friendly fire, it is also for a droner like i use to play now, not to use aoe drones, while friendly or even enemy players are near me and also just want to have fun leveling. It would help not to hurt someone by accident.
    3. A kind of teleport drone would be nice. That is just an idea, how exactly and even if it can work, could be discussed.
    4. Also a drone with a kind of stealth mode like spies can use with their stealth tool, would be a great idea. Even if the stealth drone is just like a scout drone without any weapons.
    5. Stealth and teleport could also be combined, so that the rigger can place himself somewhere, behind enemy lines, where he usually cant get. Anyway, if he is found he is dead. Let's just think about some new ideas.

As general idea i would try to think in different directions. What features in other games were a really great improvement.
    1. a looking for group - looking for player menu would be cool to find players, that want to do the same quest or cave or whatever. In my case, it could reveal new playgrounds (areas, caves, leveling spots), i just dont know, yet.
    2. many peope i heard have more accounts to have a resser, a conster, a rifle spy, a hacker, a monk, a tank and so on. Why not increasing the slots of possible characters within one account?
    3. i think there should be a way to prevent spawnkilling someone who just wants to level and have fun. So if even without an LE, a assasin should only be able to kill the same player 2 or 3 times in a row. Then a forced break of maybe 1 hour, if the user who gets killed over and over again changes his "status" to friendly play leveling (so he can't attack someone who killed him also for 1 hour) This also is just a quick idea, that may not be implementable.

Enough for now, would be great if you tell me, what you think about those ideas and suggestions.

hf gl
    dfv219

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by dfv219 View Post
    Other nice stuff or features would be:

1. As a droner i am almost dead if someone reaches me (enemy), i would love to have a kind of danger radar, where i just can get the chance to save myself e.g. to run away or get my drone back so i dont drop it somewhere if i die.
    This may not be necessarely a radar, it also can display the players around me like it does while i am not in drone flight.
    2. The persons around me should be marked in the list of people near me like blue friends with LE, white friends without LE, yellow enemies with LE and red enemies without LE. This is not just for the fighting situation not to hit friendly fire, it is also for a droner like i use to play now, not to use aoe drones, while friendly or even enemy players are near me and also just want to have fun leveling. It would help not to hurt someone by accident.
    3. A kind of teleport drone would be nice. That is just an idea, how exactly and even if it can work, could be discussed.
    4. Also a drone with a kind of stealth mode like spies can use with their stealth tool, would be a great idea. Even if the stealth drone is just like a scout drone without any weapons.
    5. Stealth and teleport could also be combined, so that the rigger can place himself somewhere, behind enemy lines, where he usually cant get. Anyway, if he is found he is dead. Let's just think about some new ideas.

hf gl
    dfv219
    1. As with hackers, your sensory input gets cybernatically rerouted to the drone. Why should you be aware of anything near your meatbag then? Your consciousness is simply somewhere else.

2. Be carefull when you blow up stuff :-) Same goes for all aoe.

3. Teleportation is not covered by game lore. Genreps you say? Well, by game lore youre a new clone when you step out of one of those suicide booths.

4. Like the idea of a stealth drone thou. How about make it look like a stealthed runner to cause distraction?

Bless your guns.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

Hi again,

to 1.
    Yes, you are right, but, if my consciousness is inside the drone, then it would be great to have that runner list at least available around the drone. There is no runner list showing up while flying a drone.
    Also would be great to be available to invite players while flying a drone.
    An up and down paddle while flying the drone would also be a great improvement in flying this lovely little things (for example using q and e for up and down or ctrl and space or something.

to 4.
    Yes i think it would be a great idea, that the drones are in stealth mode until they fire, and after firing, takes a little while until you can activate stealth mode again or something like that.

I found another point yesterday.
    I saw the drones have very different ranges, even though the highest range of a drone i saw is not far enough in my opinion.
    Or at least lets say, the scout drones, which should be able to scout and move fast and far, have almost the shortest range.

Ok and now to
    2. The teleportation with a drone could be handled like a Venture warp, if you set a destination with the drone, it falls down, marks the position where the "virtual" venture warp is transporting you. And if there comes out a new clone, I can't really see where the problem is? This would be a great advancement in moving a rigger. Thats the most critical point as i see, i fully skilled my rigger to rigger skills (no repair nothing else) just to be a good rigger with good handling of drones and so on. But i am completely vulnerable even if i want to cross zones walking. If i could move with a teleport drone, there is still a chance do die on the way, but it is not that high. If i spend all points into droner, what i am supposed to be in my case, i dont have any vehicles or stuff like that, thats another reason, why i think it could be a great advancement for the gameplay.

My suggestion: Remove the drones from the game, as they are already breaking it now and with suggestions implemented to "fix" them will do so even further as we see Droner players unsatisfied with current state and want their droner to fly, stealth, have radar, fight off attacker who found them, have 10km range and shoot lasers from the eyes and have armor on drone able to tank in pvp.

Please delete that post before from sidhardha, due to it is not constructive. It's destructive and as a serious interested player in that game I don't want the post end up in flaming instead of constructive brainstorming, together.

Then next time doing suggestion think about how each of them will affect the balance of the game.