Quote Originally Posted by drenergetico View Post
    Oh no !!!... it didnt work

Here are the differences increasing RC upon 3 weapons.

Silent Hunter:
    Rifle Combat - Damage stat - Real amount
    176 --- 69% --- 498 + 124
    183 --- 72% --- 523 + 130
    192 --- 76% --- 548 + 137
    198 --- 76% --- 548 + 137
    200 --- 76% --- 548 + 137

Ray of God:
    176 --- 78% --- 154 + 44 + 22
    183 --- 82% --- 162 + 46 + 23
    192 --- 86% --- 169 + 48 + 24
    198 --- 86% --- 169 + 48 + 24
    200 --- 86% --- 169 + 48 + 24

Redeemer
    176 --- 73% --- 131 + 32
    183 --- 76% --- 138 + 34
    192 --- 80% --- 145 + 36
    198 --- 80% --- 145 + 36
    200 --- 80% --- 145 + 36

So, at 192 RC, stats and damage does not increase and of course, stats nor damage are capped... barely 80%. The only improvement is that aiming and range increased too per every RC point, as example, SH moved from 193 to 211 at aiming and 1447 to 1481 range, not much for that amount of points.

Feel that loomed some stats to raise RC for nothing and now, have allocated points in RC that are not of use, so should loom again, any idea ???.
    As far as I see the number does move up.

200 R-C is at the low end of achievable values.

Also the higher you go the harder it gets. It's not linear.

Why don't you try something like 250? Then it should cap soon.

Thanks for your answers, but... now you recommend... 250 ?.

If your previous 200 goal sound a big number, 250 is quite away as have used almost all points, but HT (for HT rifles), 15 vehicle and 50 at agility.

To reach 250, even with a special forces (+15) and distance projector (+20), I think there are a lot of points left that would be moved from HT, agility or vehicle... unless you get extra points in any other way, dont remember.

Well, at this point I think that the thread "understanding skill performance" would be more clearly to all newbies or returning vets. As we can see, at the previous numbers, the number is 192 (or any other close to as I was not testing each step).

A skill close to 192 (rifle in this case) seems the point where increments become non significant. Its the law of diminishing returns.

So, I... we... all should make up our mind to decide if we want to put almost every point on a skill and cap it or achieve a decent level and keep some points for other useful skills.

Hope this test help other runners.

Quote Originally Posted by drenergetico View Post
    Thanks for your answers, but... now you recommend... 250 ?.

If your previous 200 goal sound a big number, 250 is quite away as have used almost all points, but HT (for HT rifles), 15 vehicle and 50 at agility.

To reach 250, even with a special forces (+15) and distance projector (+20), I think there are a lot of points left that would be moved from HT, agility or vehicle... unless you get extra points in any other way, dont remember.

Well, at this point I think that the thread "understanding skill performance" would be more clearly to all newbies or returning vets. As we can see, at the previous numbers, the number is 192 (or any other close to as I was not testing each step).

A skill close to 192 (rifle in this case) seems the point where increments become non significant. Its the law of diminishing returns.

So, I... we... all should make up our mind to decide if we want to put almost every point on a skill and cap it or achieve a decent level and keep some points for other useful skills.

Hope this test help other runners.

I feel you but I just want to clarify that imo your tests show that the system is not broken, but working as intended.

From 200 to 250 you'd see another 10 to 15 percent. But as you said, capping everything is not possible. Mit droner has 15 Vehicle rest into RCL, and he reaches about 80% on TL115 drones. But this is working as intended, you don't cap it, but the base damage is higher so in the end you are still profiting from a higher TL.

I'm actually quite fond of the new system. The only pain point is that it's an indirect buff for MC5 chips and WOC PA's.

Oh no... Im not thinking that it does not work as intended, but is confusing as you usually think that, in any way, you can get max performance for weapons or tools, but is (almost) impossible. When you realize how does it works, everything makes sense. Im glad opened this thread, know I understand... thanks

As said, there are two paths, trying to get the higher without side skills or just very good but with side skills.

Let me ask, you say that your droner does not have agility ?, isnt it too slow ?.

Loomed back to test and double check the rifle:

Silent Hunter:
    From 200 to 193 you get 76% damage, 211% aim, 1481m range with a real damage of 548 + 137 (modded).
    At 192, 72% damage, 205% aim, 1469m range, with a real damage of 523 + 130

Ray of God:
    From 200 to 193, 86% damage, 238% aim, 640m range, with a real damage of 169+48+29 (modded too).
    At 192, 82% damage, 231% aim, 636m range, real damage of 162+46+23.

So, the number is 193, if you reach that level, you better have many points left to allocate.

Really hope this helps.

damn that topic should be actualised with actual stats...

What are the calculation now ? Freq still fixed ?

I'd love NST to give us a way to make our own setups like we did with NSKill or Neoskiller in NC1 !!!

I still have nskiller source code, maybe if I have the formulas and nskiller maker authorisation I could update nskill 2 to a version 3 for NC 2.3 X or Z please answer

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12