i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Default [retail 2.3] con not leveling

so myself and many people are having an issue leveling con thru normal means. I myself started a pe and did the traditional leveling from aggies to oz and noticed my con hadnt moved. I was leveling a pe as rifle being shot and healing up using medkits like a good noob would. we then got a ppu to assist us with leveling in oz 4. we had no sheilds from the ppu, just heals. a couple of us died a few times, but nobody got con. I was with monks. i was the only non monk in the group.

we got like 20 levels in all the other skills, zero con. I realized this would be a problem, so i switched to hc because i knew i would be running into problems later on. so i went to oz 7 and leveled there using hc until i got to about 15 con and went to mb bunker, then chaos caves til i capped. however, the monks that have been leveling alongside me have gotten no con from leveling, i mean NONE. so they are nearly capped in psi with con just sitting there.

On another note. another clanmate was hunting hovers on a nearly capped rifle spy. rifle spy is capped in everything cept psi. he was being hit by a hover and heard a ding. he got a psi level. his con has been capped forever, he got shot a few times and got a psi level. is psi supposed to level for spys while shooting? because that could explain it. and some monks are telling me they are getting dex xp in teams, some have received none. I teamed with a monk for an hour in chaos caves and he nearly capped my psi however he got 0 dex xp from me. so i dunno whats up with that.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

no responses :/ only way i got con on my monk was by running tl 150 missions.

I have been wearing no armor on my APU and have been leveling CON slowly. I started at like 3-4 and am now at 10.

Same with Pistol Spy. Doesnt seem getting any Con xp at all, regardless of damage taken. It seems it depends mostly on weapon used, since my Melee tank levels it VERY quickly.

since i made this post i decided to make a monk and level him as a hyb. I used no armor or sheilds until i got to the bunker at mb. I left nc with 45 psi, 6 con getting shot by everything i fought. no safe spotting, just out there being shot and taking cover to heal. I knew i wouldnt last long with launchers and no armor, so i put on shelter monk armor, no sheilds just a heal, and started doing missions. becuase of the missions, i was able to get up to 13 con and left the bunker at 65 psi 13con. I went to the chaos caves where i HAD to use armor and sheilds. took lots of damage, died many times and got 0 con for it. i leveled about 12 more psi levels there before getting annoyed and started running tl 150 res cubes to get con. I ran 2 stacks of cubes and now have 36 con and can function normally as a hyb apu using teir 1 shields and heals.

Im not asking for some way for the devs to just make con crazy easy or anything, but what im suggesting is they ease con leveling on lower levels so that it levels like it should so a person can progress naturally to the higher leveling areas. the last 1/5 of con should be difficult to get like on a tank. going past 80 con is a major chore, but its doable because of the weapons. This is a problem that has gone unnoticed for a long time because everyone uses other ways to level low level non main skills.

This is clearly broken and it would be nice if a dev would make a comment on the post so at least i know where u stand. I speak for a lot of people in this thread.