Post PvE/Leveling feedback

Hey everyone

I thought I would share a little bit of feedback concerning PvE and leveling in general since 2.3 came out. I'm a returning player from Terra so I haven't played for a few years but I'm still up to date and the game didn't change all that much since then, except for the newly added patch.

TTK (Time To Kill)

Having our damage globally lowered with the new damage system is an issue in PvE, since the mobs' HP haven't seem to have scaled with the new system. It takes a lot of time to kill anything in the game right now. It can literally take you 4-5 hits of a rare weapon to kill a level 25 mobs, let alone kill a room full of /127 ranked mobs at Ceres labs or the like. I also believe this is an issue in PvP.

Rare weapons vs non rares

By now a lot of people have noticed an issue regarding the rare weapon situation, let it be in both PvP/PvE, it is often better to use a lower TL version of you cap it better. It makes you loose incentive for hunting rare parts a lot, and the excitement on finally getting your hands on a rare weapons. I would see rare weapons doing around 35% more damage than its non rare counter-parts. Also, I'm guessing less skill required to cap the weapon damage% could be a thing.

Leveling

Regant being bugged at the moment, and after a few things getting fixed by Zoltan regarding CRP irregular damage, both CRP and El Farid seem to be the best places to level up at the moment. Ever since I came back, I find leveling to be way, way too long compared to before. It has been argued that Regant shouldn't be the only place to gain levels, which I do agree with, however since we haven't been able to yet create better PvE/End-game leveling diversity, it may be wise to reopen it so you are not clogging the PvP scene. I have seen a lot people say "But it's Regant, it's high game content i should be hard!". It has nothing with it being hard. As a matter of fact, Regant has never worked correctly since its release back in NC2. The mobs don't do distance damage, and their melee is bugged half of the time. Concerning the current issue with the boss, even if you survive him, his mobs will die as the resist on mobs is currently not working. basically, we have one extremely OP boss mob and other mobs that are super easy to avoid and spam AoE on. Nerfing the boss isn't ideal, but it's a necessary step in the meantime. Talking about teams, the server's population just doesn't allow you to easily find a team, this is a simple fact.

I know you should work hard toward the leveling of your characters, but this gap is way too big at the moment. It is an interesting idea to make other caves work as well and create different ways of leveling up a character rather than the EF/CRP/Regant meta, say make Desert Cave, Swamp Caves and others worth going to as well. Speaking of which..

Single target vs AoE leveling

Everyone knows that AoE leveling will always beat single target leveling. Not saying it's impossible to do, but it just takes so long and thus make caves like Desert Cave, Swamp Cave or 'wild hunting' not really worth it, leveling-wise. I don't think single target leveling should be on point with AoE, but having single target be around 60-70% as effective as AoE cave leveling would perhaps encourage players to drive away from the AoE meta leveling and give them more freedom as to places they can do decent XP (have drones, pistols and rifles be all viable ways to cap your character, drones being the fastest, but the two others being slightly behind and not completely behind).

Specifics

- Monk DEX: It's nice to get some when in a team, but the rate should be way higher, still too easy to baet with Rhino repair/TL150 ress missions
    - Monk INT: I will never understand why Monks gain less INT xp than Spies. In the current leveling system, I wouldn't even dream of reaching INT 100. Too slow!
    - Global CON: I find CON to be painful to level up still, could make it better for other classes (except Tanks).

I mostly agree with everything you said.

I don't think finding a team with the current population is difficult. I've found plenty of people interested in doing woc tunnels, regant pa mission, mc5, or whatever pve. The population is pretty good at the moment. Just speak up on help chat and don't give your location away to gankers.

I agree with monk dex and int needing a buff. I also agree with making con easier to level on all characters. Currently the only viable way to level a PE is with HC for both aoe and the con xp. I would level with pistols or melee, but that is a terrible idea in the current state of things.

PE WoC is still unnecessarily hard to get, compared to other classes.

Elfarid roof is an exploit. If we get more places to level (I just saw that new tweet about adding new spawn wave locations!) then please seal off the Elfarid roof.

I would overall make leveling faster. Neocron is all about endgame and endgame PvE is also the most rewarding. Having capped players is important.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I very much agree.

- Regant should be priority number one

- Drones number two

- Fixing hidden comas in implants number three

- Low TL weaponry not benefiting from build quality number four

- Readjusting damage curve number five

- The whole DEX/CON/INT sadness is more of a feature for me, It's a pain to level but I don't feel like it needs a high priority right now.

- AoE leveling shouldn't be a high priority as well, I'd rather enjoy it if NST would focus on points one to five and then start the armor / implant rebalancing before adressing this

I do think that a rare Bonus of 8% to 10% would be more reasonable than 35%. You echo exactly my reasons why I think it's a bad idea to nerf rares. It destroys content (rare farming) and hurts the economy.

Also we should look at it from low TL perspective. It's not that rare's underperform. It's that low TL weaponry Overperforms.
    Last edited by Odimara Orca; 26-11-16 at 23:20.

I wanted to drop by and show this little footage of DoY tunnels hunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiGiGTQVAJE

The time to kill a single target is, i'm sorry - WAY too long. People have been arguing about the importance of bringing more people to have a better DPS, but that wouldn't change a thing. If you bring more people, you have to divide the loot, it wouldn't me better any other way.

The HP is IMO too big, and the cave is not that dangerous as we are mindelessly shooting things. If you want to bring a group dynamic in this game, make it so that those mobs drop a bit better (2-3 parts), be way more dangerous with their damage and doesn't take ages to kill them.

Agree on Mob`s HP. Weapon damage just doesnt seem to scale as high as their HP does. I dont mind them being HP spounges for leveling purposes, but i get less money hunting high tier mobs than i did during aggressor/mutant runs (which cant do anymore since dont get loot due to outleveling). High mob HP in combination high mob DM and laser/projectile weaposn that dont miss on you mean that large part of mobs are pretty much excluded from PvE content since not worth dealing with - they`ll kill you lot faster than you them, and theres no way to avoid their damage unless sniping from KM away.

Disagree on Rares. High TL weapons are something that should have high requirements - thus to truly benefit from them you need to have high main and secondary skills, needed implants and power armor. The goal is not just to aquire a rare weapon, but also to level your character to make him effective with it. So far, despite what people tell i can tell that "lower TL" weapons being "better" than higher is incorrect - while higher TL weapons require higher construction to make them in good quality and higher skills to cap them, so far it`s been worth for me to switch each time damage wise, even if i cant cap other stats. Cool High TL weapon you didnt cap is still better than Perfect lower TL.

Suggestion for leveling:
    Add Melee World Bosses. A HUGE monster like Squeed/Guardian (whatever that green thing is called), that is essentially just bullet sponge and takes eternity to kill, even with dozen vechicles shooting at him.

Suggestion for earning money:
    Rewamp one of Plaza dungeons to have rank 60 Cyclops, Butchees.

Since the resists are working again on NPCs the health needs to get adjusted aswell you guys are right.

About the rare weapons: Non-Rare weapons are more easy to cap and overcap so its possible to do more damage than rareweapon at the same character skill level BUT the overcap is diminishing starting at 100%+. So you actually are able to achieve a lot more damage with the rare version it depends on your character setup. You have to decide what is more important for you - mobility, damage or resistance. For example: wearing a PA means to have a slight mobilty malus but on the other hand a bonus on damage - its quite similar to implants -> Resist or Damage?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Ok so another point made was about PE dex to get to woc is there going to be any changes to that or left as is? I think that rare weapons should still do more damage then none rare weapons as at the end of the day it is rare from parts you need to grind for, we are putting the effort in and getting crappy damage in return..

I don't think that's right but let me know what you think on those points.

Thanks
    Ajam

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Since the resists are working again on NPCs the health needs to get adjusted aswell you guys are right.

About the rare weapons: Non-Rare weapons are more easy to cap and overcap so its possible to do more damage than rareweapon at the same character skill level BUT the overcap is diminishing starting at 100%+. So you actually are able to achieve a lot more damage with the rare version it depends on your character setup. You have to decide what is more important for you - mobility, damage or resistance. For example: wearing a PA means to have a slight mobilty malus but on the other hand a bonus on damage - its quite similar to implants -> Resist or Damage?
    Any news concerning the HP scaling? Mobs take years to take down

eXodus Clan ****************** Skansy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theRaeisBae View Post
    Any news concerning the HP scaling? Mobs take years to take down
    Dont know what u mean ... We did some Fun runs on different cave bosses ... and they die in a realy good time.

Grave (Elvis): a "real" Run would Take 15 minutes per Boss Kill with 1 Tank + 1 PPU (we just skipped the most Mobs and finished it in 3min)
    Swamp Cave: cleared 3 Rooms and needed 15 minutes (Tank died 2 times xD) and than got an easy shot on the Shaman
    Bat Queen Cave: Rush in, kill, get out ... 1-2 Minutes
    Doy Tunnels: Cleared level 3 in 15 Minutes (PPU, APU and Tank)
    Ceres Labs: 6-10 dead Prototypes in 15 Minutes (PPU, APU and Tank)
    MC5: Commander Pull + Kill Time = 2-5 Minutes

dont know what the problem is ... u want to clear Ceres Labs in 5 Minutes? Why not adding a WoC Disc Trader in P1 for 100nc?

Quote Originally Posted by Skansy View Post
    Dont know what u mean ... We did some Fun runs on different cave bosses ... and they die in a realy good time.

Grave (Elvis): a "real" Run would Take 15 minutes per Boss Kill with 1 Tank + 1 PPU (we just skipped the most Mobs and finished it in 3min)
    Swamp Cave: cleared 3 Rooms and needed 15 minutes (Tank died 2 times xD) and than got an easy shot on the Shaman
    Bat Queen Cave: Rush in, kill, get out ... 1-2 Minutes
    Doy Tunnels: Cleared level 3 in 15 Minutes (PPU, APU and Tank)
    Ceres Labs: 6-10 dead Prototypes in 15 Minutes (PPU, APU and Tank)
    MC5: Commander Pull + Kill Time = 2-5 Minutes

dont know what the problem is ... u want to clear Ceres Labs in 5 Minutes? Why not adding a WoC Disc Trader in P1 for 100nc?
    WIll you take some mapple syrup with those exaggeration pancakes?