Default [R#201] Weapon Damage something is wrong

Compare those two weapons.

Something is wrong here the TL 77 does 62 percent damage? what is going on?

weapon_comparsion.jpg

Across the Board rares are worthless and Low TL weapons perform better. Can we have an acknowledgment that this is not working as intended?

Please consider the implications.. farming rares is an important part of endgame and an integral part ot the economy...

Can you provide your setup (screenshots of F5) please?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I too have seen screwy damage. Here is my proof.

damage.jpg
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

NC For Free!

Hey want some fun? Buy bad dmg of your weapons and compare their damage with your crafted ones Then you will be even more WTF
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

We're certainly aware of the the effect of build quality on weapon dmg (especially on low level items).

As for the thread issue, we need more refined data. The example weapons have different frequencies (the indicated values can't be that trusted either; very old formulas).
    Doesn't mean we aren't looking at it though.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    We're certainly aware of the the effect of build quality on weapon dmg (especially on low level items).

As for the thread issue, we need more refined data. The example weapons have different frequencies (the indicated values can't be that trusted either; very old formulas).
    Doesn't mean we aren't looking at it though.
    Mad_Skillz.jpg

Yeah but I'm almost certain something is off.

The best Weapon ATM is the TL64 Automatic for my PE and this just seems wrong when he could use a RARE weapon as well

Also Bragi if this is intended: It breaks linear progression to hard obtainable items (rares), it impacts half the economy and the most needed currency (rare parts) and it takes away content by removing the need to farm rares.

The problems were WoC weapons, drugging and MC5 implants beeing mandatory to pvp. Rares were never raised as an issue.

Alrite now with test from Tank

Odi_Plasma_Guns.jpg

TL72 Plasma Gun:

86 Damage / Shot on Launcher Cyclops

Tl84 Plasma Gun:

94 Damage / Shot on Launcher Cyclops

Tl105 Cursed Soul:

98 Damage / Shot on Launcher Cyclops
    Bit better frequency

I'm sorry but a bonus of 10 to 15 percent on rares wouldn't be to unreasonable right? This doesn't represent their price or how hard they are obtainable at all.

Edit: It seems like the fall off is way too hard after TL90 or so? What imaginative number would you need to cap a TL115 Weapon? 500 Subskill?
    Last edited by Odimara Orca; 23-11-16 at 03:10.

Odimara, welcome to the forums.

As for your data: From the latest post with the HC weapons, being a tank you have very little WEP. That means you need to make up for it with lots of H-C (X-beast drug, combat buff, imps, etc). The 2 non-rare plasma cannons you OVERcap, because they're low TL. The cursed soul (21 TLs above the TL84 cannon) you are nowhere near capping since you only have only ~215 H-C. Though, it still hits a tad harder then the other cannons, BUT it fires faster = much more damage. Combine that with gaining 10 more dmg per blob from the 4-shot burst from ALMOST capping the CS, and you're firing faster than the TL 84 and doing 138 per burst.

Having much more, but not near capping the damage on a weapon doesn't mean it's going to do loads more than a non-rare right below it in TLs. THat's how things USED to be, and what the devs are getting away from. You can still make a high TL rare do far more than non-rares, but you need the combat to get that weapon close to/above cap.

PS: This is why devs shouldn't listen to forum ppl. They're always "filled with knowledge" when they're actually clueless.

Seems to be working as intended, as damage depends not just on weapon but on how your Weapon Skill, Weapon Lore and High Tech correspond its Tech Level.

Those weapons are by all means better, but you should unlock their potential

AFAIK WEP and TC has no influence on weapon damage at all now.

Frequency is a fixed weapon stat now.

For PvE you dont need a single point in WEP if you use rifles now. (tested on Titan)
    This opens up some nice options.

On testserver I made a Tank with zero WEP, for PvE no problem at all. I did some WB hunting with it, works perfectly.

Damage comes only from the main skill (HC, MC, RC, PC, APU, PPU aso.)

And I think that is intended to get more variation in builds.

Low Tech Rifle/Pistol tank? Absolutely!

The flattend damage curve in the high TL range is also intended.

But maybe some additional clarification form the NST guys would be great.
    Last edited by Sophie; 23-11-16 at 10:23.
    NC3 kommt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    Seems to be working as intended, as damage depends not just on weapon but on how your Weapon Skill, Weapon Lore and High Tech correspond its Tech Level.

Those weapons are by all means better, but you should unlock their potential
    This! Exactly this.

and also:
    PS: This is why devs shouldn't listen to forum ppl. They're always "filled with knowledge" when they're actually clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    AFAIK WEP and TC has no influence on weapon damage at all now.

Frequency is a fixed weapon stat now.

For PvE you dont need a single point in WEP if you use rifles now. (tested on Titan)
    This opens up some nice options.

On testserver I made a Tank with zero WEP, for PvE no problem at all. I did some WB hunting with it, works perfectly.

Damage comes only from the main skill (HC, MC, RC, PC, APU, PPU aso.)

And I think that is intended to get more variation in builds.

Low Tech Rifle/Pistol tank? Absolutely!

The flattend damage curve in the high TL range is also intended.

But maybe some additional clarification form the NST guys would be great.
    Going to reply only to you because the others obviously don't know what they are talking about (Talking about WEP or T-C, rofl. Please guys go test a bit yourselves before trying to lecture me on mechanics)

So it's intended, that's fucking retarded.

My question still stands, what kind of H-C would I need to cap a TL115 weapon? I wager is unreachable. I wager it's unreachable on a TL105. That makes the curve to hard and Rares useless, so my point still stands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast