Default Law Enforcer vs. Clan Join

Hello.

I like to invite new players to our clan but you have to take out the LE first to join. Why?
    Every Day all our newbies be killed in Leveling Areas, often from neutral or friendly factions.
    We are only a few so cannot look all the time.
    Some leave the game.

So a Clan is useless for new players?

Everybody can play like they want. If a bored guy like to kos everyone he can.

But why not LE in and join a Clan?
    Last edited by Relug; 22-11-16 at 09:04.

NC For Free!

Downside to this game is LE must come out to join a clan. People don't take them out because people can be dicks. People keep them in and get bored and quit. People bit the bullet remove them join a clan get killed and quit. Only people who seem to keep winning is veteran pkers and they want it this way. As long there is fresh young blood to keep killing for their own perversions I highly doubt will see a change in the future.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

It is the age old NC problem.
    It was it 14 years ago and it is it still today.

Lets make a hardcore hardcore open world PvP MMO.
    Yes, you can do that but this will keep the game always a niche game.

I remember the days where all of Via Rosso and Plaza were safe zones, gone.
    I remember removed LE malus, gone.
    I even remember a failed all anarchy server that some forum guys wanted so badly, but in the end that seems to be too hardcore for even the hardcore crowd.

KK listend only to the vocal PvP forum minority, and people like me saying this where called carebears.

Now the NST put back in LE malus for some reasons, maybe to "incentive" players to join the "PvP" crowd.
    But forcing or penalise people will make them quit.
    But they are all simply too weak for NC, aren't they?

If that is their vision, so be it.

I simply don't care anymore. Sadly.
    NC3 kommt!

Yeah unfortunately there is a small minority that take pride in killing another runner that is un equipped for PVP. Ok best solution is to annouce runner name on help and location you were killed. I'm sure there are plenty of players who would happily take revenge on these noob killers.

I added this https://forum.neocron-game.com/showt...0-LE-penalties and took the liberty of adding a reference to here.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    It is the age old NC problem.
    It was it 14 years ago and it is it still today.

Lets make a hardcore hardcore open world PvP MMO.
    Yes, you can do that but this will keep the game always a niche game.

I remember the days where all of Via Rosso and Plaza were safe zones, gone.
    I remember removed LE malus, gone.
    I even remember a failed all anarchy server that some forum guys wanted so badly, but in the end that seems to be too hardcore for even the hardcore crowd.

KK listend only to the vocal PvP forum minority, and people like me saying this where called carebears.

Now the NST put back in LE malus for some reasons, maybe to "incentive" players to join the "PvP" crowd.
    But forcing or penalise people will make them quit.
    But they are all simply too weak for NC, aren't they?

If that is their vision, so be it.

I simply don't care anymore. Sadly.
    So true so true indeed.

Neocron was amazing back in the day because it was Hardcore in a sense but less hardcore for people who did not want to be part of it. Was there not a time we could put LE's in even at higher levels? I never saw an issue with this ever. Make it so it's a complex or hard proccess or something you can't do often. One the things I remember people making the mistake of taking it out or giving things a try but not ready yet.

Hell even maxed out I'm going be scared with it out as I'm not in neocron for PvP but PvE sadly. I love PvP and might consider even making a PvP character but I enjoy PvE much more first.

Either way I personally will end up drifting away and I love the game a lot and I understand the hardcore players but they need to know that if we made it easier on people in that sense no game design wise more blood would be here and more people without LE's would exist as well.

To answer your question why KK listen to them was because they were organized and whined like crazy. I remember being in the clans where they post threads and organize people to reply to their threads and demolish it. This sort of organization screw the future of Neocron.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

I am in the same position as you: I cannot fight PVP because my computer ist too slow for decent framerates and and I lack the training. But I like the system like it is because neocron was always about feeling the danger when you go outside. I take the LE out immediately when a char is born.

There are strategies to prevent becoming killed:

1. Choose underpopulated leveling areas. Indeed there are A LOT of them. The only downside: Sometimes you have to drive to them or they lack a gogu.

2. Take buddies with you. You can defend yourself a lot better, especially since the nonrare weapons got a boost. For instance 3 nailgun low-level-runner can be a nightmare for every attacker. A good system bolsters the relations between humans and in the old times neocron forced that cooperation.

3. Ask Clans or the City-Mercs for protection. But they wont do it for only 2 runnners for sure.

4. Spy/PE: You can use a stealth-tool.

Feel free to add more tactics!
    Last edited by Bruder Malmsdoo; 22-11-16 at 12:24.

Dont get me wrong, I know all this. I did my share of OP fights and "other" PvP activities.

What I want to point out, there was afaik never a server with a PvE mindset and agreeable PvP.

Like: No LE at all, no one can attack each other except only clans who own OPs can be temporarily wardeced (new mechanic) and Neofrag for duells.

One could really scratch the head about the person who invented the Neofrag. Why did he do that?

And the resistance against LE-clans is simply mind-boggling.
    NC3 kommt!

Hmm ... perhaps because NC always was a quite bad PVE-Game and the Com is very tiny.

There used to be three servers running.

But you are right, today it is a different story.
    NC3 kommt!

Sophie & Kane I completely agree! I hope the NST quickly quickly quickly looks at this...

Kiss with DIS

For me the solution is quite simple.

Allow an LE runner to join a clan, but limit where the LE chip works, I.E warzones, end game leveling area's, MC5 etc.

That way there is an element of risk vs reward, but it keeps places like MB, outzone sectors, cellars safe from gankers.

And it allows clanned LE runners to take part in high level area's with their clan mates, with the support and resources of the clan at their disposal.

In NC1 we just used to shout up when we got pked and the community dealt with it. Maybe the community went a little soft or selfish in this new version?

Some of you guys should get together and patrol the sewers to keep the noobs safe.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Thumbs up william! Where is the CA?

Changing the mechanics of the LE just because you got ganked makes me think the problem is with the victim, not the mechanic.

Its a pvp game, that means pvp at all levels not just capped players in duels. Just like in life there are assholes everywhere in nc.

If you cant look after your noobs then your clan has failed tbh. There is no issue with the LE. Why cant the noobs just "join" your clan on TS and chat to one another and get to know each other and take part in your activities without wearing your tag? What purpose or physical benefit is there to joining your clan? do you let them in the clan appt for example?

I fail to see why the LE mechanic should be changed just because you want to recruit people who dont like to be killed at low level? If players leave the game when they have been pked does the game want/need them anyway? This game is harsh on its players in one respect but thats the nature of the game - if players are gonna quit after getting killed once then they arent the kind of people the community wants and needs. I dont want this to sound unfairly harsh but this game (played without an LE in) is a cold cyberpunk world. It is not pink and fluffy. The thrill of getting the kill for one person ALWAYS has the consequence of being killed for someone else.

To remove the LE means that you "consent", for lack of a better way of putting it, to getting GR camped, having your corpse sexed and potentially losing weapons/items/boots in a quick belt at WHATEVER level you choose to remove it at. That is the game.

Please don't change it just because some noobs got killed.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 25-11-16 at 14:49.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast