Can someone please tell me the current state of teaming (xp)with regards to le and non le players? Can a non le ppu buff and resurect an le?

Kiss with DIS

I have no issue with LE clans, it's actually not a bad idea.

Though I must say I think it would be unfair that LE's get unrestricted access to high level / end game area's without running the risk of being killed.

And my only reason for this is stated in one of my previous posts - there is only one area MC5 to farm techs from, it's not right for LE players to camp these area's with no threat of removal or no risk of being attacked.

If the game had instances then it would not be an issue, but it's not something I can see coming any time soon.

Us old time players have a responsibility I feel not to grief low level players for the sake of it, a bit of RP grief can actually have a positive effect if it's done properly, nothing like a mugging for a reasonable sum of protection money to make a player feel that this is a ruthless cyberpunk mmo and I have done this to several players recently who found it all very entertaining.

It also makes players think twice about running into area's that are not safe without being prepared as there is a real risk if being ganked by a pk'er.

But getting back on track, I agree something needs to be adjusted to help new players out to keep them in game.

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonbeck View Post
    Can someone please tell me the current state of teaming (xp)with regards to le and non le players? Can a non le ppu buff and resurect an le?
    A non LE ppu can buff an LE runner and res them if they die.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    I have no issue with LE clans, it's actually not a bad idea.

Though I must say I think it would be unfair that LE's get unrestricted access to high level / end game area's without running the risk of being killed.

And my only reason for this is stated in one of my previous posts - there is only one area MC5 to farm techs from, it's not right for LE players to camp these area's with no threat of removal or no risk of being attacked.

If the game had instances then it would not be an issue, but it's not something I can see coming any time soon.

Us old time players have a responsibility I feel not to grief low level players for the sake of it, a bit of RP grief can actually have a positive effect if it's done properly, nothing like a mugging for a reasonable sum of protection money to make a player feel that this is a ruthless cyberpunk mmo and I have done this to several players recently who found it all very entertaining.

It also makes players think twice about running into area's that are not safe without being prepared as there is a real risk if being ganked by a pk'er.

But getting back on track, I agree something needs to be adjusted to help new players out to keep them in game.
    Good point with the areas and MC5, it's quite hard to find a good balance.

Also, even if it sounds corny, I would be up for a "neighborhood grief watch" if you'd call it that.
    For the sake of helping noobs and our beloved game I could even see the groups being mixed reds/non reds (since we aren't that many to be honest) and keep a NAP running while in the watch group (leveling groups can have an unspoken NAP going, so for the sake of the goal we're trying to accomplish it shouldn't be that much of a stretch on the nerves).

EDIT: Obviously it should not go so far that everyone thinks they can run around as if they were LEd with their personal body guards, but just keep it to certain areas.
    Last edited by phunqe; 26-11-16 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    In NC1 we just used to shout up when we got pked and the community dealt with it. Maybe the community went a little soft or selfish in this new version?

Some of you guys should get together and patrol the sewers to keep the noobs safe.
    Seriously man, no doubt. Neocron is a harsh universe. Should be this way. Carebears are funny

This thread is funny. 125 players at peak and crying about Law enforcer. How about growing some balls and removing it? This is at core an open pvp game. I remove it at around 30 rank and dont cry when getting ganked. Get poked and level elsewhere. Neocron is huge.

https://youtu.be/CGc99BYy83Q

This 2 hour 17 minutes stream was captured using a rank 35-40 non le'd tank. In pepper park in an event.

The law enforcer argument is a dead horse. You don't experience the real Neocron until you remove it.

My clan is leveling 4 non-LE runners in OZ7 right now. Come kill us!! We've announced it on Help and no one has showed up. How hard is it to get ganked???
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    My clan is leveling 4 non-LE runners in OZ7 right now. Come kill us!! We've announced it on Help and no one has showed up. How hard is it to get ganked???
    spread out and don't have others waiting there... Unless you are a newbie and don't like 1 v 1 with capped character vs a leveling one.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

So tired of these threads. Nothing constructive comes from them and LE voices are never heard. No compromises are made, LE players are just told to deal with it and move on. They even introduced the ability to target and destroy an LE players vehicle citing fairness when farming. I see the argument but it just add's to the imbalance instead of making things fair.
    How anyone can state this is a PvP game is bizarre. All those shiny weapons and armour you love, come from PvE. CS:GO is PvP. Battlefield is PvP. NC is not, but you still can.
    I've tried PvP, I don't enjoy and don't see the point of it. I tried it in NC1 when it was rampant, but it just doesn't do it for me. The rest of the game, of which there is a great deal, I do enjoy. But just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean I want to nerf the experience for others by forcing a damn LE into their heads.
    Give us clans, maybe even our own zone to farm techs for some passive items (trade skill etc), give us encouragement to play the game.
    I know this'll all fall on deaf ears, it always does. After so very many of these threads and many, many more posts, I no longer have any faith or belief that it will change. We'll just be looked down upon and ridiculed as always. Consider this a final, shot in the dark, plea for change.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

We just leveled during peak hours 4-5 of us without LEs at OZ7. I announced our location on here, on help 3x, and on Discord. No one showed up to kill us! We're around rank /30 now and still haven't died a single time. What a joke.

LEs aren't even slightly necessary. Take them out and play the real game. We're trying to make a point here.

Come kill us? Please!?? Where are the gankers!?
    Edit: taking a break now for dinner, killed myself with a barrel
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    We just leveled during peak hours 4-5 of us without LEs at OZ7. I announced our location on here, on help 3x, and on Discord. No one showed up to kill us! We're around rank /30 now and still haven't died a single time. What a joke.

LEs aren't even slightly necessary. Take them out and play the real game. We're trying to make a point here.

Come kill us? Please!?? Where are the gankers!?
    Edit: taking a break now for dinner, killed myself with a barrel
    Before we went there, I took out my LE in pepper park and stood in-front of non le's while doing it at 0/2 ... didn't get ganked.

At level 12 I chased a level 40 around the zone with a shitty flame thrower, didn't get ganked.

Ran around pepper park during Jones missions, used OZ ind A and those area's, ran through PP1 passed red players... not getting ganked.

Went AFK in OZ 6 to type this post, got ganked

So motto is, don't do stupid stuff and you are less likely to die.

What happened if LE would be patched out? And no SI, no Belt drop, and Imp drop out till */30 ?

And -33 SL if you kill a friendly faction?
    And -11 if you kill a neutral (its like no attack pact) faction?
    And +22 if you kill an enemy faction?

****To focus more on the factions than on runners?*****

At the moment factions are not that important, only for epic rewards. Most dont care about the faction and history if they like to kos all in noob areas they will do. Like in a ego shooter. I suggest more -SL for friendly and some -SL for neutral kills.

Or what happened if there is no neutral faction? Only friendly and enemy? Neutral is like free kill.
    Green and Red Color only would be nice.

Factions makes no sense. Who cares? I dont like :/

Quote Originally Posted by Relug View Post
    What happened if LE would be patched out? And no SI, no Belt drop, and Imp drop out till */30 ?

And -33 SL if you kill a friendly faction?
    And -11 if you kill a neutral (its like no attack pact) faction?
    And +22 if you kill an enemy faction?

****To focus more on the factions than on runners?*****

At the moment factions are not that important, only for epic rewards. Most dont care about the faction and history if they like to kos all in noob areas they will do. Like in a ego shooter. I suggest more -SL for friendly and some -SL for neutral kills.

Or what happened if there is no neutral faction? Only friendly and enemy? Neutral is like free kill.
    Green and Red Color only would be nice.

Factions makes no sense. Who cares? I dont like :/
    SL and symp loss for killing friendly is already very high.

Also, what if an ally faction attacks you? Self defense can mean losing a lot of SL/symp currently and it would be even worse with what you just suggested.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I hear ya Jodo. I also agree with you.
    I have thought about it more and see Triv's point about it being a bonus and can accept the xp malice equaling out. I guess I am more ok with getting less xp on my LE runner. Can anyone tell me the % out of curiosity?

Jodo don't get discouraged, there are many in agreement. It's just a shame the 'hardcore' 'bad asses' are and have always been the loudest voice. There is always room for compromise. People play NC for many reasons.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast