Thread: Nerf Hybrids

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nerf Hybrids

They're completely overpowered. (what a surprise)

It's the ones that have holy shields that are just unkillable.

Please reply if you agree.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Not surprised, balance has never been a strong point in development. Monks needed some loving as they were too weak but now introducing the hybrid element has made them too powerful again.

More work needs to be done with balancing, especially implants, and it needs to be soon with the new influx of players we have now.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Not surprised, balance has never been a strong point in development. Monks needed some loving as they were too weak but now introducing the hybrid element has made them too powerful again.

More work needs to be done with balancing, especially implants, and it needs to be soon with the new influx of players we have now.
    TBH these developers idk their true background and experience. But OP Classes is a sexy things to stimulate a community for a while. Say 3 months and then nerf them down to some sort of acceptable levels. It happens all the time in MMORPG's and people think these idiot devs at times but the truth is it's strategically done.

That being said I'm not claiming it here but why not let Hybrids have a month of fun and bring them down to acceptable levels?
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

I play a holy shield hybrid and from my experience they are fairly strong 1v1 melee damage is a joke but weapons like dev and ak are doing good damage and present a challenge vs someone who can aim them. They are far from impossible to kill I have to disagree but going toe to toe with a hybrid alone will always be difficult

Poison needs a little nerf that’s about it. Hybrid should be most powerful 1 v 1 as he has the ability to self buff... In an op fight Hybrid falls in line with the other character classes. Get yourself a decent piercing weapon and you shouldn’t have a problem taking them down. Yes dev is one of the weapons that can take a hybrid out, but there are more

Defiantly agree with the above. Not forgetting apu with a well executed antibuff

Kiss with DIS

Myself and Jack are forced to use unusual / dirty tactics to bring down hybrids, however with each class I have tried it's basically suicide to 1 on 1 a hybrid, I don't mind a challenge, but come on they are not balanced at all.
    Even 2 pe's get easily mashed by them.

I don't believe any one class should have such a massive advantage, but that's up to the Dev team, I will still use team work and bring them down and keep adding those lovely 5 slot spells to my collection.

From what i've heard and gathered, it's poison spells or poison / resist in general that's the problem and not so much the Hybrid itself.

Which is quite obvious with how broken Chaos caves and reagant are atm, even with full heavy kevlar, chaos mobs pretty much one-shot you.

My money is on poison resist not working at all OR poison ignoring resists or a combination of both.
    Nooq - APU in the making?
    Jam Pants - TANK

My hybrid can hit with fire apoc and holy lightning with a psi combat buff while running holy heal and shields but the damage from the rares is less than lower tl weapons. This is something to look at as hybrids can stack shit loads of of ppu and put out very reasonable damage with very little apu skill. Its more to do with damage scale really although poison and force damage types seem to be very effective right now

I got another build that uses rare shields and still hits good with basic psi attack spell.

Come on guys post a build so we can all bask in the the carnage
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Hi there I am new to the game, I have seen hybrids in action and think they are cool. Might be a bit too powerful but let's see what everyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajam View Post
    Hi there I am new to the game, I have seen hybrids in action and think they are cool. Might be a bit too powerful but let's see what everyone else thinks.
    I think hybrids are cool too. I just think they're a bit OP right now. I don't mean for this thread to be like "nerf them into the ground" more like, let's have a discussion about how to balance them.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I think hybrids are cool too. I just think they're a bit OP right now. I don't mean for this thread to be like "nerf them into the ground" more like, let's have a discussion about how to balance them.
    Then you titled the thread poorly. "Hybrids discussion" or "Hybrid re-balance" would have had a less polarising feeling.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

This same thread topic has come up again and again and again since forever. The only time they weren't perceived as OP was when they were completely unplayable.
    They are fine right now. I think all classes need tweaks but to say NERF HYBRIDS is ridiculous.
    Even if they were to be mildly more powerful than most other classes in 1v1, why shouldn't they be for a skilled hybrid player. They have both passive and aggressive powers. Will a pure ppu beat every other class in 1v1? Will a pure apu?
    Some people get owned by a few hybrids and the nerf bat already comes out. The hybrid is probably the most played class right now because it's fun and people haven't had it in a loooooong time.
    Give it time, all classes need tweaking.

+1 to what Jodo said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast