Smile The THN needs your help!

Hey all.

2.3 is now out and everyone is playing it, however when you get a major game update a lot of things change. This is when I call on the great NC community to give a hand to the THN in updating the Items DB - https://db.techhaven.org/

A lot of items lost their decimals, but they do need to be updated. I've created a new section on the DB to list items that need updating. https://db.techhaven.org/en/help-wanted.

These items are in need of updating.

To update, just click on an item, and click on Update Item. You can change the modifiers by clicking on the "Modifiers" tab, and on that page by checking and updating the values. You can also add additional information tags via the "Other Attributes" where you can add things like which armour or implant slot it goes in, or which smuggler you can get it from.

Any submitted updates are are reviewed by the THN, and I'll do this as quickly as possible.

What do you get for doing this, well a big thanks from me and everyone else as we all use this site a lot.

ill try and help with this brammers

Hi there I am new to Neocron but I am always happy to help where i can, I will do my best and keep you updated Brammers.

Thanks
    Ajam

By 'lost their decimals' do you mean the decimals are hidden in-game? I assume you mean they are gone and were left with just whole numbers. Otherwise why would you want to update the THN with the new values? Ive heard they are hidden but it doenst make sense to me to hide the decimals but update THN with whats seen in-game.

Am I correct in assuming that the decimals are gone and not hidden in-game?

I am curious mostly because ive been working on a character planner since I came back and all the items I have would be wrong and need updating as well. My character planner started out many years ago as just a few personal spreadsheet projects to help me with things in-game and I thought I had it just about done (ofc its never really done) until the decimal changes. If the decimals are gone my item database will need updated as well which I wont be able to do until the THN DB is updated as that is where ive been getting my item info's

Ill help update some items on the THN that I come across in-game, though I would like conformation that the decimals are gone and not just hidden.

Decimals - They are hidden, but you can't see the real numbers in-game anyway. So how do you know if the value is 2.0 2.1 or 2.63?

Anyway, updates. Two sections left. A few high level brain implants, and the Power Armour.

So a big thank you for everyone submitting updates.

I'm also after new items.

• The new rare Items
    • Any missing items (APU and PPU there are a few missing)
    • New updates - click on "Add new item"

There is a little bit of confusion with Power Armours. The armour stats, where a few people have sent updates with resist skill values, and not the armour values. These are very different

In 90% of the causes the values under modifiers only need changing. In game any items giving armour bonus is just named as "xray, fire, energy, force, piercing and poison" where as anything affecting resist skill will say "resist xray, resist fire, resist energy, resist force, resist piercing and resist poison" I've fixed the Item DB to show the armour names as "Fire" instead of "FIR" (Which was wrong), but yes it can be confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Decimals - They are hidden, but you can't see the real numbers in-game anyway. So how do you know if the value is 2.0 2.1 or 2.63?
    I am astounded if im understanding this correct, so decimals are not removed they are just hidden in-game so the person looking at some spy pa in-game sees that it gives 2 dex but in reality it gives 2.96 dex. The THN DB displays the true values (with decimals) BUT you want to update the THN DB with the new in-game values even though they are not the real values....

This makes no sense lol. So where can I get an item list with the true values now that thn is updated with false values? I cant believe I helped taint the thn db....

The decimals are not displayed in-game any longer but the effects are still there. Your in the midst of changing your db to reflect false values, I must urge aginst that.
    Last edited by stonehaven25; 22-11-16 at 22:07.

All you have to do on the THN is note that "Values may differ from ingame as decimals were removed", so they know while viewing the THDB that in order to see the ingame value; remove the decimal, otherwise they are viewing the true values on the DB.

Wtf Brammers?!?

Are you saying it's not a bug? Are the decimals supposed to still be in effect, but the true values hidden???

And you tricked us into updating all values into the fake "decimal-free" values in the THN DB already, just to hide the true values even better...?

LOL

Yes, they are just hidden.
    NC3 kommt!

Decimal values will be removed fully in a future update.

Hidden values remain in play for the time being, allowing player setups to adjust. Being over qualified (rather than just under qualified) for item use allows our many returning players to hit the ground running.

This change will happen sooner rather than later, so any effort updating the THNs incredibly valuable player resources are certainly not wasted.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Decimal values will be removed fully in a future update.

Hidden values remain in play for the time being, allowing player setups to adjust. Being over qualified (rather than just under qualified) for item use allows our many returning players to hit the ground running.

This change will happen sooner rather than later, so any effort updating the THNs incredibly valuable player resources are certainly not wasted.

OK, now this makes me feel better lol, ill have to update my database too but thats better than what I thought was going on. Im even excited now and await the changes

So fellas; get out there update those PA's!

I've updated the Heavy Assassinationsuit V S-11A . It's good that we can help you out ^^
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{EF} | EREBUS FOUNDATION
    ░░░░▒▒▒▓▓█~In memory to the geatest clan that could have been!~█▓▓▒▒▒░░░░

FYI we've received a lot more direct feedback about the decimal values. As such we've reverted the change which hid them. The values will still be removed in a future update once implants are overhauled.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 28-11-16 at 18:24.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

FYI we've received a lot more direct feedback about the decimal values. As such we've reverted the change which hid them. The values will still be removed in a future update once implants are overhauled.
    Yeah, that's sensible.

Having the interface lie to players is awful design. However, going ahead and just applying "math.floor()" to every imp was going to cause hell with setups. I gave an example setup the other day of which over 5 points of dex were contributed from "after the decimal point" contributions.

I think that the role of weaponskill in determining weapon damage perhaps needs to be considered carefully before going ahead with an implant rework though.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 28-11-16 at 18:24. Reason: Formatting in quote.

Ok, it's the right move, heard too many people getting confused. So the THN needs to revert the values...

As the new Items DB V2 supports versioning on items, so we still have the old values available. What I'll do is write a small rollback tool to change back the modifier values so give me a few days to put this into action. Of course if anyone wants to submit updates before the revers, feel free.

Even though the efforts may feel they have been wasted, they were not - a bit of Neocron history has been captured.

Finally, a bit thanks to everyone who helped with this round of updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast