Default Neocron Evolution 2.3 First Impressions and Known Issues

As we're now a few days into Neocron Evolution 2.3, we thought we'd take a moment to update everyone on a few things and take the opportunity to gain some direct first impressions from the community.

Hopefully you're now up to speed with the lengthy release notes!

We have implemented a significant amount of new code in this update, which unfortunately brought about some unforeseen complications at launch. However thanks to our dedicated community we're now in a much better position and have put these initial teething issues to rest.

We'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who provided information and helped us get to the bottom of these problems.

With stability restored we'd now like to move onto collecting some first impressions. A general overview from players of how they're finding the update; how balance is working out for them, what they think of new missions and generally if they perceive this update positively or negatively at this early stage.

It's with this kind of information we can shape and refine our next patch, bringing together community priorities and our own. So please do share your general thoughts within in this thread. If you have a specific bug to report, please use the bug report forum. Similarly if you have a specific idea or suggestion to improve an aspect of the game, we have the Brainport forum.

We'll also use this thread to keep track of early known issues specifically related to the launch of Neocron Evolution 2.3. Hopefully being able to see what we've identified or fixed already will allow you to consider our approach while putting together your initial impressions.

Fixes since release:

Issues fixed in our development branch:
    • Range behaviour of fusion weaponry;
    • Titan reports 'FULL' on the server selection screen when 100+ players are online.

Neocron Evolution 2.3 Known Issues:
    • Vegetation texture issues at long range;
    • Drone damage too low globally;
    • Windowed mode missing for some configurations;
    • Screen shots not working for some resolutions.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 22-11-16 at 17:53.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

NC For Free!

Thanks, I know first hand what it's like having to deal with rewriting parts of the codebase and the delays it causes. I know a lot of people in game have complained saying things like 18 months for nerfs, etc. But these changes are massive and will be the foundation for the future of Neocron from what I understand and not only that because they were able to modernize things they can also adjust and change things easier then ever. Meaning more improvements and more fixes overtime with ease.

Already within 72 Hours? You got crashes fixes and some major bugs fixes like the character creation etc. We use to suffer from issues like this for months in the past. You guys are truly amazing and are the only reason Necron is still here and will be for many years to come :P

Sorry for getting mushy but I love you guys a lot and thank you so much
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

I play regularly and it seems lately while I go to el farid or in p1 , everything just stops moving and I get synced out or something. I gotta relog all the time. I have a 2 hour 17 minute stream from the release day patch but now my game is not stable anymore. Help