Default constant sync's followed by the occasional crash

ok i know this subject has been addressed by a few folks. I have tried the fixes that peeps have allready used with no result.

the problem, random sync's doesn't matter where i am or what im doing, all of a sudden i cant switch equipment in tool belt, chat stops, then oh i dunno 30 secs to a min later synch screen, if i catch it as soon as it happens, relog no issues, but if i dont catch it, i end up dead or some shit like that. Its really getting fucking annoying. Any and all suggestions will be implemented except drom sex...no drom sex you dirty people !!

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago.
    Deleting netlib.dll in my neocronfolder and running a filecheck (hit config in the launcher) to re-download the file finally fixed it for me.

I tried that didn't help bro

I haven't been in support in a long time, but for me, we would need to determine if its a system issue or a network(routing/switching/firewall) issue. Do you have another system that you can or do play on? Even a system that isn't as good...

Is there a way for him to monitor his latency to the game server during play? (something better than pinging the gameserver -t while playing but even that you could go back and see if there was a latency spike).

are you hardwired or playing over wifi?
    what router do you use?
    connection type?
    ISP?

I have Comcast cable with a Motorola surfboard modem. I connect over wifi with an Apple AirPort Extreme. Sadly using my MS SP4 but I have no sysc issues. Also I am on the SE coast USA.

But I think the first step would be to determine if its system or network.

NC For Free!

The_Tick are you the one who showed me around the other day? If not then there is for sure another person running around with the same issue. The 15 Minutes or so we spent he had to close and open the game over and over because even I would freeze in place for him and such. Seems sadly not a isolated issue.

Could you be using something like NetLimiter? It's known back in the day to cause issues there is also above firewall issues but sometimes some anti viruses will touched things a bit too much and cause issues as well.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Today I tried playing from work. For testing I connected directly to my providers equipment on a backup 100Mb fiber circuit. I did put a consumer grade router between me and the internet just for a little barrier and ease of use with it providing the DHCP.
    I played for about 1 hour and experienced the exact same issue about every 7-10 minutes.
    Some times I would notice because I wouldn't reload or switch weapons or the sync message would show. but it was the exact same issue as you are describing.

EDIT: the only thing I had between me and the internet was a DLink router.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Hi, TICK, What network hardware/configuration do you have? We've seen some issues with multicast on a particular router whereby it stops forwarding UDP packets after a while and this sounds similar. Thanks.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Same issue. Synchronizing after around every 10 minutes(+/- 5).
    What i also noticed at lvling after relogging the game is rolled back a bit. E. g. i was farming near chester lab warbots and was going to die. Dropped down to 150 hp and between that drop and next wb shot i had a synchronizing. After relog the game was rolled back like 30 seconds. I had full hp, older position and the warbot was back on his spawn position.

Im over cable->switch->switch->router with 50MB internet, no antivirus and also redownloaded the netlib.dll size = 41,5 KB (42.496 Bytes) (old one was NetLib.dll). Ports are not open, cause i dont believe it will fix the problem.

When Nid comes to offer tech support you know shit gettin serious

On a side note i will be downloading the client over the next few days and trying to come and look at what you guys did to our beloved neocron. It sounds like a lot of things people beefed on over the last few years have been noted and fixed. Leg breaking being one of them. I cannot say how happy i am to see this being changed/nerfed. Work is a nightmare at the mo with christmas round the corner (i work in the liquor industry) but i squeeze a bit of time here and there so i have no excuses. even its just to log on and talk shit to people like the threadstarter...... when hes not disconnecting
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Maybe I was just lucky playing from my house the first day. As it stands now, I cannot play at any location without experiencing this exact issue after <10min.
    I have turned off every application and service that may interfere that I can think of. I have disabled all firewalls as a test and I still get the same issue.
    I am unable to play because if I do, its more frustrating because I will most certainly die and have to get re-poked and travel back to my leveling ground.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for those of us(it seems like more than a couple) that are having this issue?

Edit/Add: As you can see in this post (point 5) he is having the same issue. Is there anything we can do to help determine whats the root cause of this issue?
    https://forum.neocron-game.com/showt...s-and-Features

Ok... so for me, I ended up putting my computer on the DMZ. I turned back on all my services and apps that I thought might interfere and just had the only difference being I was no longer behind the router and its firewall.
    After doing this I was able to play for 38 minutes without any sync issue. So I assume there is something going on with my router.

Can someone tell me what traffic I need to ensure is not being altered by the router and its firewall/filtering?
    This same issue is happening when I am behind a Dlink router (DIR-615 Hardware Version: E3 Firmware Version: 5.10) on one network and behind an ARRIS Surfboard SB6141 > Apple AirPort Extreme on another.

One Disturbed Individual Distort's Avatar

I've had the same issue since the patch. I thought it was firewall or some other service but have tried everything I can think of and it still happens.
    Weirdly, sometimes I can play for 45 minutes before it happens, other times it happens every 5-10. I'll add my router and other infos later when I get home, just wanted to respond that this is happening to me as well, so seems like it may impact a small % of peeps.

I don't know whats going on... After being on the DMZ and it being good. I took myself off and everything back to where I had all the issues and haven't had a problem in multiple hours of playing. I will try and test more this weekend if I have time.

Any new ideas so far?
    I opened all the recommended ports and its not a machine issue because same problem on another machine persist. Wireshark shows me that i dont receive any UDP packages after about 15 mins but my clients keeps sending UDP packages. Checked the logs on my router (Zyxel 5501) and there appear some firewall violations but not in time with the disconnect.