NC For Free!

Question Anyone Starting 100% Fresh?

I plan on starting a 100% fresh. Heck I don't even remember how to player besides grab missions go to the sewers and kill rats then aggressors later on? Then Military Base Bunker?

Any tips would be great and also you guys planning on starting fresh?
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Once everything runs smooth after the patch I will definitely start fresh and level a new character on my private account.

I heard hybrids might be valuable again soon
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I plan on starting a 100% fresh. Heck I don't even remember how to player besides grab missions go to the sewers and kill rats then aggressors later on? Then Military Base Bunker?

Any tips would be great and also you guys planning on starting fresh?
    If you play the new missions in the Area MC5 starting zone, you'll get a decent amount of early XP and a recap of a lot of the things you can do in Neocron.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Me.

I can't recall fukall from the time when i last played... back in 2002-2003 (plus beta, when phosphor mod was kill=all), imma be guessing APU/hybrid aint 'the ball' anymore Lots to learn!

PS. is tank still the "kill-all" in pvp and PPU the "shrug-all"? aka. spy and PE are useless.
    Last edited by Nooq; 11-11-16 at 02:00.
    Nooq - APU in the making?
    Jam Pants - TANK

This game is so much better with a clan and voice chat. I hadn't done voice in like 7 years, but now I can't imagine playing this game any other way. I hope some returning players team up or maybe just hop on the NC Discord that I think is coming.

Speak up on help chat and put the magnificent Morrighan to work on some noob guns. Cash is usually cool with helping noobs with weapons too and maybe we'll see the likes of Velvet Constructor and others come back, who knows.

I might roll a Hybrid. I could just use an LE and go to Elfaird, but I'm thinking maybe leveling noob hybrids in Outzone (especially the newly unlocked zone) without an LE. Come kill me!

Actually, on second thought I might just grind my eyes out farming techs for the new rares.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    If you play the new missions in the Area MC5 starting zone, you'll get a decent amount of early XP and a recap of a lot of the things you can do in Neocron.
    That sounds sweet I can't wait to try it then. I been out of touch but it sounds like the newbie zone will help me get in touch again and learn about the game and a good exp bonus is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    This game is so much better with a clan and voice chat. I hadn't done voice in like 7 years, but now I can't imagine playing this game any other way. I hope some returning players team up or maybe just hop on the NC Discord that I think is coming.
    Yeah I'm hoping for the discord as well. I will be on it but most the time I'm playing I might be recording so I tend to not record with others in the voice chat just because that gets quite distracting. But I do hope that we get enough people in the game maybe start up a newbie clan or something where we can get a good place to talk / learn the game and have some good times and create some good memories like back in the old days.

When you guys start, don't spend all your points straight away during character creation. You're gonna want enough recycle skill for ammo. Wait until you know what TL it is. Medkits and stams too.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    When you guys start, don't spend all your points straight away during character creation. You're gonna want enough recycle skill for ammo. Wait until you know what TL it is. Medkits and stams too.
    ahh yeah good suggestion. I forgot Recycling skill even existed. Was it not like 34 or something you needed? Been soo long lol.

@ Trivaldi: I miss the times, we could play on a 1-slot server, because teamwork was important, which is always a good thing in a mmo. I know that it only makes sense if people cannot dual-log or have more then 1 account. Do you think there will be a solution in the future to give us back that special experience?

I'M thinking about doing this just to see how it is for new players coming to the game.

NC For Free!

I myself will be doing a Let's Play but I will also document things that might be an issue / problematic.

I have 2 of every class all capped and geared out. Except a PE. Might roll a PE I guess. PE's getting a boost? Will you be able to use these new melee rares as a melee PE?

Couple friends and myself are gonna be playing again, and starting fresh. I hope people will be around for pokes, research, and constructing Looking forward to hitting up some mutant sewers again like old times
    Melkaba - Melee Tank
    Demented - HC Tank

I will be starting a new character as well. I hope aggie sellers, MB Bunker, etc are crowded!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    @ Trivaldi: I miss the times, we could play on a 1-slot server, because teamwork was important, which is always a good thing in a mmo. I know that it only makes sense if people cannot dual-log or have more then 1 account. Do you think there will be a solution in the future to give us back that special experience?
    Most active players have multiple accounts. I wouldn't encourage people to have multiple accounts, but dual logging to tradeskill, to rez, or even have a pocket ppu is a rampant thing. I played on Pluto and loved the 1 character deal, but with the game being free there is just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangClan View Post
    I have 2 of every class all capped and geared out. Except a PE. Might roll a PE I guess. PE's getting a boost? Will you be able to use these new melee rares as a melee PE?
    Melee PEs are still only going to be able to reach the TL 82 Perforator rare knuckles (while wearing the +6 str melee PE Regant PA). I think that maybe buffing STR implants like the MOVEON and Marine CPU and making them accessible to PEs, plus lowering the TL of some melee rares (Like Vein Ripper or Peacemaker) might be a nice gesture to STR PEs. PEs are going to be perfectly viable. If you level your PE with HC you'll cap quickly from the AOE and it will also cap your CON.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin