NC For Free!

Thumbs up Time for Discord?

I think one the Mods/Admins should consider Running a Discord. It's a good way to keep people in touch. I belong to like 30 servers now. It's a great voice option but mainly people use it as a modern day IRC now and the nice thing is even when people take a break and leave it has more chance of having people rebound because they will still be part of the chat as many people have discord install on their pc's and mobile devices and use it for other games.

What do you guys think? Time for a more modern upgrade?

I know I have used IRC myself for so many years and going to Discord felt like a bloatware joke but it has really grown on me and I think it could on this community too.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Honestly, i know nobody who uses discord.
    People in my circles who got a Teamspeak running stick to that, those who don't suffice with Skype...

Not sure if there are many people here that have Discord already to warrant the effort of moderating a Discord channel.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The NST has a few upcoming changes to IRC, which we will release further details on when we are in a position to do so.

As for Discord, watch this space over the next few days.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

NC For Free!

@Drachenpaladin Don't get me wrong Discord is meant for Games / Sites not everyone uses it for small communities though it's growing. Teamspeak is really only meant for 99% voice chat and Skype is suitable for invite style friends usage / companies.

Discord is sort of the modern day IRC Channel in a sense. I would say 95% of people there idle like a Facebook Group / Forum Site. the other 4% Chat and the other 1% might voice chat. When I say 95% that would be 1000's of people where the 4% could be a couple hundred.

I myself have a TS Server up 24/7 and lots of people using it. But for my community site stuff and such Discord has been amazing keeping people together.

@Bifrost Thanks for the info
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Nooq - APU in the making?
    Jam Pants - TANK

Man, I wonder if we should use discord or not?

5 minutes later...

(50+ people on the discord)
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz