Exclamation Neocron Evolves Again, Saturday 12th November 2016

It is with great pleasure that on behalf of the Neocron Support Team I announce our target release date for Neocron’s next evolution. We appreciate the road to this point has been long and winding but as a team we are proud to finally bring you something very special indeed.

Neocron Evolution 2.3 releases Saturday 12th November 2016.

Reaching this point has involved the writing and rewriting of thousands of lines of code. Huge chunks of Neocron’s underlying systems have been gutted and entirely reengineered from the ground up.

Where there was once an unruly and at times haphazard weapon system, now lies a modern and efficient system. Acting as a foundation to be built upon the future the new system is designed with flexibility, growth and agile iteration in mind.
    Shield mechanics have been completely re-implemented, fixing countless bugs and decoupling their behaviours from other systems which had previously limited their application. This also adds flexibility for future extension to the shield system.

Damage Boost, Parashock, “Leg Shots” and Foreign Cast mechanisms have all been completely rewritten making them flexible, configurable and most importantly – reliable.

A key part of the rebuild has been to return much loved weapon behaviours and setups to the fore. As a Runner in Neocron Evolution 2.3 you should have more setup choice than ever.

Finally, the Pegasus Engine, the Neocron Support Team’s evolution of Neocron’s game engine, has received several enhancements enabling positive change now and into the future. A number of graphical and logical features have been implemented, again with a focus on modularity and configurability.

This is just a taste of the changes awaiting you in Neocron Evolution 2.3 and the work involved to build the biggest Neocron update in over a decade. This also marks our return to more frequent updates going forward. Full patch notes will follow with the launch of Neocron Evolution 2.3.

In the meantime, point your friends and enemies alike to https://neocron-game.com/client-download and get ready to evolve.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 12-11-16 at 18:46.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to take this time to thank all the testers on Vedeena for many hours spent looking into what was needed!
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Hey Triv,

Been a while since I lurked into this forum, although I do from time to time, and what a great post to see when returning this time!! (As most people here, my first love mmo).

well done all, so great to see progress! And your time spent in keeping this alive is so worthwhile, time to dust off the laptop and see what's new

i have a few spare hours this weekend I'll set aside to walk those streets.

Logan.....

Closed - Until Further Notice

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

sooooooo WIPE???
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Woo. , really appreciate all of the teams hard work any patch notes going to be avaliable ?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    ...any patch notes going to be avaliable ?
    Yes. Lots.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Soon(tm)?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Full patch notes will follow with the launch of Neocron Evolution 2.3.
    The clue was in the first post
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

*checking date*
    Wtf? That news and its not april 1st?
    There must be something going on.

So everything ready and done or still final help on vedeena needed?

Too excited to read properly hehe

So is this a wipe or large patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Please do continue to test stuff on Vedeena. If you can identify any last minute bugs it will help us to improve the overall quality of the Titan update.

We will be patching Vedeena again prior to release with some PvE adjustments too.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by gstyle40 View Post
    sooooooo WIPE???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    *checking date*
    Wtf? That news and its not april 1st?
    There must be something going on.

Releasing the update and taking us to "Neocron Evolution 2.3" status will not involve any item, character or progression wipes.

We've chosen to go with an update to the name to underpin the significance of the changes made under the hood, to weapon balance, setup choice and other features/bug fixes/changes we have been making.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

nice

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Releasing the update and taking us to "Neocron Evolution 2.3" status will not involve any item, character or progression wipes.

We've chosen to go with an update to the name to underpin the significance of the changes made under the hood, to weapon balance, setup choice and other features/bug fixes/changes we have been making.
    Will there be a points reset?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast