Cool Patch R#199-T#245, Release Candidate 2!

We have just patched the PTS (Vedeena).

This patch includes the following changes as suggested in this thread:

• Mobspawn should now be more spreaded over the whole sectors so that there are now more mission related mobs and they should be easier to find (AMC5 and Strange Cave)
    • all starter weapons (TL2 and TL3) have been added to one of the Nomadtraders
    • money rewards have been increased for the new tutorial missions. Runners should now easily be able to afford all related items and also the GenReplicator fee.
    • a hint has been added to the missiondialogue where players can get "Solantium" from (blue boxes)

After the changes, should the snakes not only be in the cave, so the information window popup can be read by new people?
    Im not sure if Tasha sends you into the cave or not.
    The snakes are supposed to be in and outside of the cave. The info popup triggers when the runner gets close to the NPC.

After MC5 I went to do sewer missions and that experience was still bad. Small spider vs Spider? Black roach, roach, radiated roach? I hope noobs missions get simplified soon, so they give a bit more money and the mobs are easier to find. Could increase spawns in sewers too.
    We are already working on the experience new runners have once they leave AMC5 but this will be part of a future patch.

On a side note: It is really worth visiting the 3 (new) shops in front of the NCPD-HQ in Via Rosso 3 now
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 02-11-16 at 01:30.
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    We have just patched the PTS (Vedeena).
    The snakes are supposed to be in and outside of the cave. The info popup triggers when the runner gets close to the NPC.
    Yes, she says "Strange Cave or area around me". My fault, sorry.

New Char creation working again.
    NC3 kommt!

Thank you guys so much for the hard work and the great patches !!! Great stuff !

First short test we did so far and what we found:

-Insant heal not working when heal is running?
    -Way too much xp and not enough money when leveling later. (one of the rare barrels in chaos caves gives you like 10k cash but over 1 mil psi xp, but also only 70k int)
    -Mob dmg is a bit high, 4 shots on a monk in chaos caves and he is dead.
    -Mob hp to high or runner dmg way to low. 91% on a ravager and after 7 reloads the grim chaser has lost 10% hp

Tests ll continue tomorrow

I can't make a new character at the moment. I keep getting the name is already taken.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I can't make a new character at the moment. I keep getting the name is already taken.
    I was told this is a known issue, sadly.

Btw.

I made a Tank for testing vehicles.

In short, they are all pretty useless in PvE.

I tested the following vehicles:
    - Combat Chaincraft V1.2
    - Combat Hovertec V1.2
    - Reveler Next Epic
    - Heavy Assault Scorpion Trike V.2
    - Rhino V.2

My Tank had 30 WEP and 220 HC (75 HCK).

I managed to kill a 80/80 WB with Rhino with only 50% HP left of the Rhino!

The old WB-hunting vehicle Heavy Assault Scorpion Trike is useless (Rockets). The WB kills you in your seat.

The other three, I put them against cyclops, hurlers and all the little mobs at MB.
    Yes, you can kill stuff with them, but nothing what you would expect. For all the requirements every normal weapon does a better job.

So maybe the vehicles are not part of the balancing process at the moment.
    Best use them to get from A to B, but not for fighting.

Oh, and please remove SI from taking LoM-pills.
    Last edited by Sophie; 03-11-16 at 02:28.
    NC3 kommt!

A few things:

- Warbots often get stuck on upward slopes, jiggling helpless.
    They did this to a small amount in the past, but not to this extent making it easy to score headshots and avoid all damage.
    WBstuck.jpg

- Maybe I was just lucky, but every WB had a tech part so far.

- Fusion Cannon hit effect is extremly blinding, much more than before.
    NC3 kommt!

The dialogue with Ezra Reid in MC5 is making me cringe. "You don't look like Tom Cruise standing next to your crashed glider." and "You really called Ezra Reid? Not related to Jeremy Clarkson?" Seriously? The year is 2786 and the only way anyone would even know who those people were would be from the Ceres discs. I read the whole NC history again recently so I've turned into a bit of a lore nerd. While I'm at it, I still wanna know what happened on Irata III!

Also, found a minor bug with his dialogue. It randomly chooses 2-3 things you can say and sometimes it chooses the same option twice. http://imgur.com/a/o2SEp
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Look, I get that shooting legs out from under people "was" a huge part of NC in the past. But it's not a good mechanic for the current population, particularly because SOAD is the only group that consistently plays. Not being able to have a chance to get away because they not only zerged you, but because they just zerged your feet, isn't a good mechanic. I'm sorry. It just isn't. And it feels like the overwhelming majority of people who actively PvP aren't in favor of it.

On another note, I feel as though zoning while in combat should be blocked. Make it so when you take damage from another player, a debuff is applied to you that disables you from zoning for 15 seconds. Every time you take damage, the buff is reapplied (not stacked). Will make positioning and map awareness more integral, make combat more scary, and less about "let me make sure there's a door I can zone through if the fight goes South"
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    On another note, I feel as though zoning while in combat should be blocked. Make it so when you take damage from another player, a debuff is applied to you that disables you from zoning for 15 seconds. Every time you take damage, the buff is reapplied (not stacked). Will make positioning and map awareness more integral, make combat more scary, and less about "let me make sure there's a door I can zone through if the fight goes South"
    I think a simple solution to zone whoring would be just making all the PP clubs, bum asylum, and maybe even faction HQs into not safezones.

I'm glad you're on so much Bmurph and I'm getting jealous of those pvp videos that I'm not in. I've been focusing on the test server recently, but I'm missing Titan. Sadly a lot of my clan has gone inactive recently, especially the UK guys. The US/Canada population is pretty small (I'm in Florida), but I'm hoping we get a revival with the patch. Funny that SOAD is active now. The times, they are a changin'.

If we were having a vote on "broken legs," I would vote against it. I do think it's fair with fall damage, but in pvp it becomes an obligation. We did have a discussion recently in another thread on the issue and it seems most people are in favor of breakable legs. Once it goes live, then the real scrutiny will happen.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I think a simple solution to zone whoring would be just making all the PP clubs, bum asylum, and maybe even faction HQs into not safezones.

I do agree that safezones should be done away with, but most people in NC don't share that same sentiment. Even if the change was made, zone whoring still is a massive issue because it is so dependent on rig and internet connection. Someone with a stronger rig and/or better connection will ALWAYS be able to swing fights heavily in their favor. Not that ehse things aren't a factor in "ordinary" PvP, but they are even more prevalent when load screens are heavily involved.

I'm glad you're on so much Bmurph and I'm getting jealous of those pvp videos that I'm not in. I've been focusing on the test server recently, but I'm missing Titan. Sadly a lot of my clan has gone inactive recently, especially the UK guys. The US/Canada population is pretty small (I'm in Florida), but I'm hoping we get a revival with the patch. Funny that SOAD is active now. The times, they are a changin'.

I've been happy to be back. I seem to be inspiring PvP by even less enthusiastic PvP players, if nothing else just dueling guys who would ordinarily stand in P1 or sit and level somewhere. It's tough with the population swings (but holy cow we hit 73 people I think on Halloween, and it was NUTS!!!) but I haven't had a day yet since I've come back that I haven't gotten some fights in. I think small scale PvP is actually pretty healthy.

If we were having a vote on "broken legs," I would vote against it. I do think it's fair with fall damage, but in pvp it becomes an obligation. We did have a discussion recently in another thread on the issue and it seems most people are in favor of breakable legs. Once it goes live, then the real scrutiny will happen.

I guess we will see. All I know is you, all of GP, Kava, and myself seem to be against it (at least without a counter-play). I don't know SOAD's feelings because quite frankly all I do is fight them, and my German is not nearly good enough to hold an in depth conversation with them.

Responses in red
    The Melee Pusher

I think broken legs and freezers are a mechanic for griefers so their victims cant run away or fight back properly.

Real PvP people dont need that mechanic at all for OP fights or duels.

If those real PvP guys needs broken legs and freezers, then there is an overall flaw in a too high runspeed.

Imho, this is a design problem.

If you remove brogen legs and freezer weapons and then lower runspeed, you just lose "skill" to draw a freezer weapon and shoot it in time or hit the legs first.

I dont know if the NST people want this kind of mechanic or not and see it as an integral part of neocron.
    Last edited by Sophie; 04-11-16 at 10:19.
    NC3 kommt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I dont know if the NST people want this kind of mechanic or not and see it as an integral part of neocron.
    It was an integral part of Neocron, yes and accidentally got removed by - don't laught - a bug.
    Let's see and give it a try again we always do have the option to remove it again
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I think broken legs and freezers are a mechanic for griefers so their victims cant run away or fight back properly.

Real PvP people dont need that mechanic at all for OP fights or duels.

I agree m8

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    It was an integral part of Neocron, yes and accidentally got removed by - don't laught - a bug.
    Let's see and give it a try again we always do have the option to remove it again
    If this is your approach to it, then I have no problem implementing it to see where it goes I suppose.
    The Melee Pusher

What's the inherent problem with being able to lower runspeed by using specific weapons and targeting specific body parts?

I'm instantly wary of people who use phrases like "real pvp doesn't need it" as the only real justification against bringing back what at one stage was a fairly important mechanic in Neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast