Thread: broken files

Default broken files

hey,
    I have a problem to start the nc testserver since the last patch. when i try to play i get an error message that i have 9 broken files. i had this problem once but could fix it with installing nc again. this time i deinstalled nc, download nc again from the homepage, and installed it again with the testserver option there. still had the broken files after downloading the patches. downloaded the broken files again, still doesn t work. did a file check and downloaded the broken files again but still get the error message with the broken files. client with the normal server works fine.

We're aware of this issue and are putting together a reliable work around procedure. In the mean time please try running a file check from the configuration option on the launcher.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Let the Launcher finish the job and if its still not working for you try running a filecheck to force the launcher to download the files again.

This problem is caused by an accident in our PTS-Deployment system. We need to "Rebase" the PTS after releasing the upcoming update to titan
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

i did the filecheck couple times and downloaded the files again but still didn t work yet. maybe have to do it more often and hope that it ll work one time ^^. but when i try it one time with the filecheck and download the files again and it doesn t work and then i try to do the filecheck again the filecheck doesn t work anymore and i have to close the launcher and restart my computer do be able to run the filecheck again. i get a windows message that the filecheck doesn t work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    i did the filecheck couple times and downloaded the files again but still didn t work yet. maybe have to do it more often and hope that it ll work one time ^^. but when i try it one time with the filecheck and download the files again and it doesn t work and then i try to do the filecheck again the filecheck doesn t work anymore and i have to close the launcher and restart my computer do be able to run the filecheck again. i get a windows message that the filecheck doesn t work anymore.
    Oh crap, when did you have tried it the last time?
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

maybe around today 1 pm. i do the filecheck atm

hmm okay it s working now so don t worry^^. don t know if i did anything different now but i don t think so.

Got this error too. With an old Installation of NC2 (CD Version) And the Downloaded one. Client.exe and some dlls are corrupt. Tryed to reinstall, filecheck and delete the items manual than download new... nothing works, any solutions?

PS: Why is there an "oldfriend" behind my Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Foley oldfriend View Post
    Got this error too. With an old Installation of NC2 (CD Version) And the Downloaded one. Client.exe and some dlls are corrupt. Tryed to reinstall, filecheck and delete the items manual than download new... nothing works, any solutions?

PS: Why is there an "oldfriend" behind my Name?
    Yes... try it again (now)
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

I also have trouble with broken/missing files when trying to connect on the testserver. Launcher tells me that all .dll files in the gamelibs directory as well as the 3 .dll files in the scripts directory are corrupt or missing. I repeatedly tried manual deleting, overwriting the files through launcher file check and even reinstalling. Nothing worked.

Can you figure out what it is and fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by scientit/Bamboo View Post
    I also have trouble with broken/missing files when trying to connect on the testserver. Launcher tells me that all .dll files in the gamelibs directory as well as the 3 .dll files in the scripts directory are corrupt or missing. I repeatedly tried manual deleting, overwriting the files through launcher file check and even reinstalling. Nothing worked.

Can you figure out what it is and fix this issue?
    Can you confirm you're using a client set up for connecting to Titan and not one configured to connecting to Vedeena (PTS)? The clients for both servers are not compatible and will cause such behaviour.

Are you using the installer from our website at the link in my signature or an older pre-NST installer?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I downloaded the installer from the official page yesterday, so nst version. When installing, I selected "install to connect to testserver" or so, so it created a seperate instance using an nc2 test folder. So yeah, everything should be set up for connecting to vedeena, not to titan on this client instance.