Default [Video] Moar PvP

Nothing special; just some recent PvP.

Enjoy

Also, stop PvPing just in Pepper Park. So many awesome areas to explore and fight in, it's a shame to have to hang out almost strictly in PP for PvP.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Nice video. I gotta fight more! I wasn't in this one.

Most of your fights are duels and that's my thing. I'm willing to rez anyone if we're doing a fair duel. I wanna start calling for duels at cool locations. If anyone shows up to gank we'll just gang up on them.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Nice video. I gotta fight more! I wasn't in this one.

Most of your fights are duels and that's my thing. I'm willing to rez anyone if we're doing a fair duel. I wanna start calling for duels at cool locations. If anyone shows up to gank we'll just gang up on them.

Thanks buddy.

Most of my fights aren't duels actually. Only the last fight was an agreed upon one.

I am not a big fan of dueling in all honesty. Duels are not exciting; exciting is walking into someone in Regants, or at a GR, or anywhere else and potentially losing something. To me, the risk of losing something makes the PvP worth it. So yeah, try and zerg me. Try and hack into my belt and loot my things. Those things create tension and excitement in the game, something NC is sorely lacking atm.

And obviously I say this as someone who is vehemently against killing new/underdeveloped players. Even though I try to kill as many people as possible, everyone I kill is either capped/near cap or attacks me first.
    The Melee Pusher

The first few moment around the GR room in G08 brought back some awesome memories, great video! Keep up the good work.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    The first few moment around the GR room in G08 brought back some awesome memories, great video! Keep up the good work.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I certainly won't be stopping anytime soon
    The Melee Pusher

When I used to play if a PE or Pistol Spy had enough movement speed he could shoot out the legs of a melee tank in an open area and have enough of a speed bonus at that point to be able to keep out of reach while dealing damage. Is that still viable or does the melee tank mop the floor with most anyone outside of other tanks and buffed apus ?

Quote Originally Posted by unc0nnected View Post
    When I used to play if a PE or Pistol Spy had enough movement speed he could shoot out the legs of a melee tank in an open area and have enough of a speed bonus at that point to be able to keep out of reach while dealing damage. Is that still viable or does the melee tank mop the floor with most anyone outside of other tanks and buffed apus ?
    The damage output of firearms still far exceeds the damage of melee weapons. If you can aim, you'll beat a melee tank 9/10.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    The damage output of firearms still far exceeds the damage of melee weapons. If you can aim, you'll beat a melee tank 9/10.
    Check out the latest changes on the test server Brendan, you'll find that is no longer the case

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    Check out the latest changes on the test server Brendan, you'll find that is no longer the case
    That's good to know. But he didn't ask what was on the test server, he asked if PE or Pistol spies are still viable against melee tanks.

Which they are.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    You released a video recently where you did some PVP outside which was nice to see.. These close quarter environments are clearly where a melee tank shines as, barring hiding behind corners and what not, you are always going to be pretty close to your targets.. How do you find pvp in larger more open spaces? Is it something where a few well placed shots on the legs/feet slow you down enough that a spy or PE can significantly outrun you and keep their distance?

Quote Originally Posted by unc0nnected View Post
    You released a video recently where you did some PVP outside which was nice to see.. These close quarter environments are clearly where a melee tank shines as, barring hiding behind corners and what not, you are always going to be pretty close to your targets.. How do you find pvp in larger more open spaces? Is it something where a few well placed shots on the legs/feet slow you down enough that a spy or PE can significantly outrun you and keep their distance?
    Open spaces are definitely a tougher spot. It's not so much that I can't keep the target within range (as a Melee tank you'll be faster than just about every other class/style) but the fact that I have trouble turning my target around.

The biggest strength you have as a melee tank is the ability to move quickly and eventually get behind your opponent; the more you can make him turn, the less easy it is for him to shoot. Close spaces help in this regard quite a bit, as you've pointed out. The open areas usually give most people a clean, open sightline to shoot at me with. Now that broken legs are returning, I imagine I'll struggle a bit the first few days to adjust my movement.
    The Melee Pusher

Didn't see you fight another well equipped tank.

Are tanks still the kings of peevp?
    Last edited by Nooq; 11-11-16 at 12:20.
    Nooq - APU in the making?
    Jam Pants - TANK

Quote Originally Posted by Nooq View Post
    Didn't see you fight another well equipped tank.

Are tanks still the kings of peevp?
    Tanks are currently decent. I wouldn't say useless, but very situational.

APU is currently king in my opinion; the ability to do damage around corners and the rate at which they can drop numerous hits on you makes them tough to fight. Spy/PE are also very good.

Edit: this is as of 11/11/16. With the Jesus patch coming on Saturday, who knows what will be the best.
    The Melee Pusher