Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Why does none want to play ppu?
    i know a few people who really love to play ppu and the only thing they complain about is that sc is fucked, db is shit in pve, heal sanctum is to short, ppu needs freez and the psi used for buffs should be lowered so they can support like 5-6 people in a fight and not only buff 24/7.

about that 1vs1 discussion: on the testserver its okay i would say atm, but i would still like that resists help you surviving even longer. Still have that feeling that higher weapon > resists.

btw
    broken legs should be ingame... 25% lowering of runspeed when fully broken and fine it is.
    Because PPUs aren't an interesting/fun class at all? It's just spam buffs and run around as an unkillable buff machine. I have 259 M-C, 188Str, 88 W-L, 98 T-C, and over 120 ATL/AGI, and I hit PPUs with a Devil's Grace for like 5-6 damage, maybe 11-15 if I land a number of hits successfully.

Buffing resists? Fine with me. Not a huge deal as everyone gets them.

Broken legs should only be in game if there's a counter to them, lol. Otherwise PvP is simply "shoot teh feet 2 win. I r so pro"
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Because PPUs aren't an interesting/fun class at all?
    To me the PPU is the most complex and interesting char to play. I like to support others, so it's a lot of fun for me to keep people alive. I think I was one of the best PvE PPUs around in the CRP cave 10 years ago. I supported groups of 10 people, complete strangers. It was the best time I ever had in NC, I guess. For days on end I was in that cave having fun with people.

However, the PPU is also the most difficult to play also. Only real pros can play it. Fighting with a gun is easy, compared to that.

First, you need a lot of Holy and Rare PSI modules which are very expensive and hard to get with slots. And you will lose them cause you only have one safe slot for like 10-15 modules. You have many class boosters, for example so you will be swapping all the time if you want to max it out.

PPUs are not unkillable. It only takes one mistake, like not putting on the HH or losing it and they're dead. Or if one shield is taken down.

Since 2.2 and the big nerfs PPUs are quite easy to kill and even harder to play. They were complex before, but the Holy Heal is weak now and shields too imo.

PPUs are fun and extend the game. It is my favorite char, as you might have guessed so pls don't bash it or denigrate it.

If you wanna do 1on1 PvP you don't need PPUs, of course. Although it's surely better to be rezzed after dying instead of imps popping out. For which you'll also need a PPU to put them back in ofc...

Well, you see. Medics are always needed.

If done right they make the game much more interesting imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    To me the PPU is the most complex and interesting char to play. I like to support others, so it's a lot of fun for me to keep people alive. I think I was one of the best PvE PPUs around in the CRP cave 10 years ago. I supported groups of 10 people, complete strangers. It was the best time I ever had in NC, I guess. For days on end I was in that cave having fun with people.

However, the PPU is also the most difficult to play also. Only real pros can play it. Fighting with a gun is easy, compared to that.

First, you need a lot of Holy and Rare PSI modules which are very expensive and hard to get with slots. And you will lose them cause you only have one safe slot for like 10-15 modules. You have many class boosters, for example so you will be swapping all the time if you want to max it out.

PPUs are not unkillable. It only takes one mistake, like not putting on the HH or losing it and they're dead. Or if one shield is taken down.

Since 2.2 and the big nerfs PPUs are quite easy to kill and even harder to play. They were complex before, but the Holy Heal is weak now and shields too imo.

PPUs are fun and extend the game. It is my favorite char, as you might have guessed so pls don't bash it or denigrate it.

If you wanna do 1on1 PvP you don't need PPUs, of course. Although it's surely better to be rezzed after dying instead of imps popping out. For which you'll also need a PPU to put them back in ofc...

^ this

Also a big point being a PPU: The lag switching between modules could decide about life or death.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

snip.
    You can still enjoy your favorite play style and point out the obvious flaws that it has.

Here, I'll start, so you know I'm not personally attacking you: Melee is my favorite playstyle. But it's got almost zero depth to it. I run around holding down left click spamming the same goofy animation over and over again until someone is dead. I occasionally pop med-kits/stam boosters and/or switch to my nanite injector. And yet it is the hardest combat style to master, because aiming melee is so awkward and the damage output is FAR below that of ranged/psi weapons.

I don't get a power attack (slower, more damage), a whirlwind (think AoE, low damage but easier to hit), nothing. These are things that would enhance my personal gameplay experience exponentially, as well as probably appeal to other players who don't currently play melee toons.

Now, back to your point: Medics can still function without providing an ungodly number of buffs that increase the TTK drastically. I'm not trying to dog you or bog you down; it's fairly easy to support people with how strong the 'other-buffs' are in game. PPUs still have easily the highest TTK of all 4 classes; if they're 'quite easy' to kill that's only because by comparison they were previously unkillable.

I have no issue with medic classes being present in game. There's a niche for everyone. More variety the better. But wouldn't you much rather play the job of an active medic, where you could actually fight alongside your teammates and only have to worry about throwing heals? As opposed to running around casting, as you so aptly put it, a fairly ridiculous number of buffs? Or how about being able to actually solo kill mobs as a PPU? Wouldn't both of those things be HUGE in helping both newer players, who struggle with NC as is with how much depth there is to it, as well as veterans like yourself who would probably love to see a new opportunity to play their favorite toon?

There's no question that if done right they make the game much more interesting. But they aren't done right currently. Imo.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Ha. Leg breaking. its fuckin lame and i find it detracts from the game. Glad to see some others agree. this discussion was fascinating reading though.

Who ever said they dont want the game to be more like quake or UT it never will be. Thats a tired old argument. That said anything that might make neocron a more mainstream appeal and bring in more players should be considered. If its too niche or "hipsterish" then its never gonna have many people playing.

Pop > all.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    You can still enjoy your favorite play style and point out the obvious flaws that it has.

Here, I'll start, so you know I'm not personally attacking you: Melee is my favorite playstyle. But it's got almost zero depth to it. I run around holding down left click spamming the same goofy animation over and over again until someone is dead. I occasionally pop med-kits/stam boosters and/or switch to my nanite injector. And yet it is the hardest combat style to master, because aiming melee is so awkward and the damage output is FAR below that of ranged/psi weapons.

I don't get a power attack (slower, more damage), a whirlwind (think AoE, low damage but easier to hit), nothing. These are things that would enhance my personal gameplay experience exponentially, as well as probably appeal to other players who don't currently play melee toons.

Now, back to your point: Medics can still function without providing an ungodly number of buffs that increase the TTK drastically. I'm not trying to dog you or bog you down; it's fairly easy to support people with how strong the 'other-buffs' are in game. PPUs still have easily the highest TTK of all 4 classes; if they're 'quite easy' to kill that's only because by comparison they were previously unkillable.

I have no issue with medic classes being present in game. There's a niche for everyone. More variety the better. But wouldn't you much rather play the job of an active medic, where you could actually fight alongside your teammates and only have to worry about throwing heals? As opposed to running around casting, as you so aptly put it, a fairly ridiculous number of buffs? Or how about being able to actually solo kill mobs as a PPU? Wouldn't both of those things be HUGE in helping both newer players, who struggle with NC as is with how much depth there is to it, as well as veterans like yourself who would probably love to see a new opportunity to play their favorite toon?

There's no question that if done right they make the game much more interesting. But they aren't done right currently. Imo.
    Combat medics were called Hybrids in NC...
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Combat medics are called Hybrids in NC...
    Emphasis mine Hybrid PSI users are back in business and have a been a constant consideration while rebuilding a significant proportion of the underlying codebase.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Emphasis mine Hybrid PSI users are back in business and have a been a constant consideration while rebuilding a significant proportion of the underlying codebase.
    Is this on retail Triv? I thought you guys were still in "Test" mode with these changes. I get lost trying to keep track of the retail server so I assumed it was all still on Vedeena or have you patched Titan now?

I think this is a welcomed change and a huge boon for NC generally. Has anyone written up a user guide with all of the changes now? I realise you have patch notes but I also know lots of people are too lazy to read 12 months of patch notes.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Is this on retail Triv? I thought you guys were still in "Test" mode with these changes. I get lost trying to keep track of the retail server so I assumed it was all still on Vedeena or have you patched Titan now?

I think this is a welcomed change and a huge boon for NC generally. Has anyone written up a user guide with all of the changes now? I realise you have patch notes but I also know lots of people are too lazy to read 12 months of patch notes.
    Not quite yet no. Once the patch is rolled up and ready to go for Titan, we will be providing information on all the changes from Titan today (R#198) to the new patch (R#199).
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Why does none want to play ppu?
    i know a few people who really love to play ppu and the only thing they complain about is that sc is fucked, db is shit in pve, heal sanctum is to short, ppu needs freez and the psi used for buffs should be lowered so they can support like 5-6 people in a fight and not only buff 24/7.

about that 1vs1 discussion: on the testserver its okay i would say atm, but i would still like that resists help you surviving even longer. Still have that feeling that higher weapon > resists.

btw
    broken legs should be ingame... 25% lowering of runspeed when fully broken and fine it is.
    Agree.

Thats it, yes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123