Agreed if there was a way to instantly heal legs, or the effect only caused a slight slow then it would provide a good addition to PVP. In reality it just means your enemy will be easier to kill and fights will be over quicker as you just quickly take out their legs before unloading your weapon into their head as they try and crawl around.

Forgot to mention yesterday about Shield/Heal in my feedback. I didn't manage to test self cast myself but foreign cast were certainly providing too much resist, the heal was that effective that me and a clan mate were barely able to damage each other 20% whilst support was running. Haven't spent enough time to provide effective data on that but its certainly to effective at present.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-10-16 at 11:27.

Kiss with DIS

I am guessing this will divide the community, as an NC1 player I remember the game where a player could be disabled by shooting out their legs, at the time it felt perfectly balanced and it seemed to work well, what used to kill honest PVP were freezers and I am really happy that they are currently not in game.
    As it is right now I feel that run speed is a big factor in the game, its simply too fast... and when a player takes a cocktail of drugs they are very hard to hit. So some well placed shots to the legs cures that problem, spy's and PE's can hit stealth then chew on some medi packs to heal up (Okay PE stealth is very short).

Unlike other FPS games, you cant rely on AOE from a rocket launcher and shotguns don't have a scatter effect, its all based on aiming, so leg shots make perfect sense and are IMO a fair way to disable a very fast player.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    I am guessing this will divide the community, as an NC1 player I remember the game where a player could be disabled by shooting out their legs, at the time it felt perfectly balanced and it seemed to work well, what used to kill honest PVP were freezers and I am really happy that they are currently not in game.
    As it is right now I feel that run speed is a big factor in the game, its simply too fast... and when a player takes a cocktail of drugs they are very hard to hit. So some well placed shots to the legs cures that problem, spy's and PE's can hit stealth then chew on some medi packs to heal up (Okay PE stealth is very short).

Unlike other FPS games, you cant rely on AOE from a rocket launcher and shotguns don't have a scatter effect, its all based on aiming, so leg shots make perfect sense and are IMO a fair way to disable a very fast player.
    I get what you're coming from, and again, I'm not against legs being allowed to be 'disabled' provided there is counter play for it. I'm sure the crippling of legs was a huge deal in NC1 when you had hundreds/thousands of people playing the game and fights were constantly full of people. But let's be real, even the OP fights we have with the current population are at best 'small scale' (10 vs 10 would be a HUGE OP fight by the current pop standards).

If we break it down to the most simplistic terms we have:

Player Movement: Rock
    Ability to Cripple Player Movement: Paper
    Ability to regain movement: Scissors

If you only implement Rock and Paper, then you have a fundamentally broken system, wherein one will always trump the other. It means nothing to have good movement (which in any game, particularly games that require aiming is an invaluable skill) if that movement can be taken away by someone with good aim.

It also hurts the viability of a majority of players, as the only skill that will be valuable is the skill to aim (which most people don't have razor sharp aim), whereas before, players with superior movement/positioning and average aim could beat players that only had average movement/positioning and superior aim.

It doesn't need to be something ground-breaking to do it. It can be something as simple as making the Nanite Injector instantly revive all limbs upon use, effectively making it so that your good aim forces your opponent into making a decision:

1)Swap to nanite injector to regain movement, thus losing out on potential DPS instantly but regaining movement and prolonging the fight
    2)Choose to forgo movement (usually would happen if the fight was very close and both fighters were almost dead) and choose instead to opt for potential DPS
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

What about leg implants that reduce the effect of "broken legs?" That would be incredibly cyberpunk.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    What about leg implants that reduce the effect of "broken legs?" That would be incredibly cyberpunk.
    I'd say that's fair, so the leg implants don't give any other benefit other than reducing the effect of "broken legs", that way there is a sacrifice, but the player could maintain a reasonable run speed even with his legs disabled, lets say only a 20% reduction in run speed until heal is applied. You could add "Re-enforced Titanium leg's" - Re-enforced bones allow the user to keep mobile even when under heavy fire.

How about a drug that does this:

-15 body health
    Passive healing increased by 50% (which is very slow without heals)
    Broken leg recovery time reduced by 50%

Just throwing out more ideas.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Omg shooting legs is disabled????? No wonder I've been sucking at PvP I've always been aiming at the legs! Please fix asap!!

It would be a cool supplement, but not the answer.

Would just make it so everyone who wants to PvP has to have that leg implant. There'd be no choice, because you'd get shitstomped if you didn't have that implant.

In all honesty if run speed is the issue, then i'd be fine if they lowered the run speed a bit. I'd way rather have that then have them bring back the broken legs.

The broken legs thing might be fun for you guys playing PE/Spy, but for myself (as a Melee Gentank) it's literal cancer. My entire build relies on being fast and hard to hit; unless you buff melee damage by literally 300-400% to compete with the high end rifles/energy weapons, it isn't going to work.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Would just make it so everyone who wants to PvP has to have that leg implant. There'd be no choice, because you'd get shitstomped if you didn't have that implant.

In all honesty if run speed is the issue, then i'd be fine if they lowered the run speed a bit. I'd way rather have that then have them bring back the broken legs.
    Maybe slower movement, stronger legs VS faster movement, weaker legs. The anti-broken leg implant could give -20 agl and -20 ath or something.

I also agree about just resolving this by lowering run speed. I'm sick of having to take para x-forte and redflash every fight because they're so good that I can't justify a build that doesn't include them.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Angry

It not being present on Titan makes PvP infinitely more fun.
    you must be kidding.

Ok here is the short story:
    I was quiet a long time not playing, log again and did the woc and all the stuff, got me some full arti guns(disi,AK,SH,HL) and started to fight. (Sorry if my engl. is not so good)

First of all good work for the shitty rares seam to work now the first time since years. Thats verry good!
    But that is the only good thing about pvp i can say atm.

BUT (and ist a big one): 1on1 is dead, no chance to stand longer than 10 seconds. switching setup, same deal,
    without PPU you are destined to be fucked up in 10 seconds - and looking on the population - its shit.
    Becouse you doun't have the PPU at hand.

For the PvE part: who on earth told you to drop the dmg on the TL102 rhino? Man its about ~270 with a 250 H-C tank. Are you mad? Doun't you test the shit? Do you call that balancing?

Up to here i would not even post but - here it comes:
    Now i have to read: "Oh let's remove hit effects on legs complete" - this was always fun dude!
    And the next goes: "Oh i doun't want to take drugs anymore to boost myself" - omg - OMG where do you guys come from?!!!

Havent you destroyed enough already? Go ahead clean it all out and shut down the server.
    For me its a disgrace to see that all happen and you should be ashamed.

4Me the 2.2 evo is dead - R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by value blue View Post
    you must be kidding.

I was quiet a long time not playing, log again and did the woc and all the stuff, got me some full arti guns(disi,AK,SH,HL) and started to fight. (Sorry if my engl. is not so good)

First of all good work for the shitty rares seam to work now the first time since years. Thats verry good!

BUT (and ist a big one): 1on1 is dead, no chance to stand longer than 10 seconds. switching setup, same deal,
    without PPU you are destined to be fucked up in 10 seconds - and looking on the population - its shit.

For the PvE part: who on earth told you to drop the dmg on the TL102 rhino? Man its about ~270 with a 250 H-C tank. Are you mad? Doun't you test the shit? Do you call that balancing?

Now i have to read: "Oh let's remove hit effects on legs complete" - this was always fun dude!
    And the next goes: "Oh i doun't want to take drugs anymore to boost myself" - omg - OMG where do you guys come from?!!!

Havent you destroyed enough already? Go ahead clean it all out and shut down the server.

Very emotional and hot headed post. When was the last time you were on the public testserver to check the upcoming things?

Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by value blue View Post
    you must be kidding.

I'm going to go out on a limb and just assume that you have downs.

If you seriously read my posts in this thread regarding leg damage/disabling and why it is NOT fun in its current state, but how it COULD be fun if there was a counter play to it, and still cannot connect the dots, then you are lost.

PvP, especially 1 on 1, is the best I've ever seen it. The TTK (time to kill) is absolutely fine; if you're getting dunked in 10 seconds, it's because you're trash and need to practice more, NOT because the "Ermagherd teh PvP is broken!!!!!"

I've said this before and I'll say it again; PPUs are cancer in their current state. They needlessly increase the TTK by legitimately 10x the current rate, and if 1 side has one and the other doesn't, then the fight is over before it even starts. And don't even get me started on how cancerous it is when people fight in PP, which involves them running into the club, getting buffs from a PPU, then coming back out to fight unbuffed people 1 vs 1 (LOL). I'm gleefully excited that I've seen NONE of this since I've come back.

PPUs need a complete rework; they would be an awesome class if instead of buffing everyone else, they could only apply those same buffs, but to a lesser extent, on themselves. In return, they'd only have access to mid-tier weaponry, allowing for a different approach/flavor of combat, where you rely on your survivability and play for the long game, as opposed to just trying to hammer people down with DPS. This would also fix the issue that Jack brought up in another thread, which is the fact that PPUs are still integral (as I pointed out) but that nobody wants to play one, because if you play one you don't get to fight. This way PPUs would still be able to fight (albeit to a lesser degree, but you can't have your cake and eat it too) and allow them to still heal and rez, they just wouldn't be able to throw a retarded number of buffs on people.
    The Melee Pusher

Maybe slower movement, stronger legs VS faster movement, weaker legs. The anti-broken leg implant could give -20 agl and -20 ath or something.

I also agree about just resolving this by lowering run speed. I'm sick of having to take para x-forte and redflash every fight because they're so good that I can't justify a build that doesn't include them.
    I actually can't argue that this is a bad idea in regards to the legs, but personally, like you said, I'd rather them just lower the run speed and be done with it. Was never a fan, even as a noob, of the permanent leg disable. Maybe was fun when OP wars were teeming with people, but in small scale it's a terrible mechanic imo
    The Melee Pusher

Why does none want to play ppu?
    i know a few people who really love to play ppu and the only thing they complain about is that sc is fucked, db is shit in pve, heal sanctum is to short, ppu needs freez and the psi used for buffs should be lowered so they can support like 5-6 people in a fight and not only buff 24/7.

about that 1vs1 discussion: on the testserver its okay i would say atm, but i would still like that resists help you surviving even longer. Still have that feeling that higher weapon > resists.

btw
    broken legs should be ingame... 25% lowering of runspeed when fully broken and fine it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast