Default Vedeena PvP Event | Saturday 1st October - 21:00 BST/22:00 CEST

It's time for another PvP event! As we've made further amendments using the feedback we gathered during the previous event, we need to test those changes! If you still have feedback to give from the 9th September Event, please do post it in this feedback thread! Without making yourself heard, we cannot take that feedback into account as we fine tune our changes.

Join us on Vedeena at 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST on Saturday 1st October for two hours of PvP carnage.

More details will be made available as we get closer to event as well as new patches for Vedeena implementing the recent changes we have made.

We really hope you can join us as we edge closer to the Titan release of this significant Neocron update.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 23-09-16 at 10:47.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Looking forward to it
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I managed to watch some of the event on twitch while I was at work. Thanks to whoever was streaming and please keep it up.

Was my first time on the Test Server. Unsure if it's just me, but I had absolutely HORRENDOUS input delay with my mouse; felt like I was trying to aim through goo
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Was my first time on the Test Server. Unsure if it's just me, but I had absolutely HORRENDOUS input delay with my mouse; felt like I was trying to aim through goo
    Well this is because the FPS is no limited to 60fps by the server. If you don't want this delayed mouse movement you need to change the fps down to 50fps for instance by Bandicam or something else. Then this don't occur.

The reason for this limit is to prevent players warping that have high athletic/agility values like drugged/holo vest wearing spies. The server can't handle this fast movements to get them smooth.

@Zoltan: is there some kind of tick rate at Neocron too like in Battlefield or CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    Well this is because the FPS is no limited to 60fps by the server. If you don't want this delayed mouse movement you need to change the fps down to 50fps for instance by Bandicam or something else. Then this don't occur.

The reason for this limit is to prevent players warping that have high athletic/agility values like drugged/holo vest wearing spies. The server can't handle this fast movements to get them smooth.

@Zoltan: is there some kind of tick rate at Neocron too like in Battlefield or CS?

That might be the most ridiculous answer I've ever seen.

I sit at cap (which for NC appears to be 90 FPS) the entire time I'm on the normal server, and my mouse doesn't have any sort of input lag. There obviously are some differences in default settings that I haven't been able to locate yet.
    The Melee Pusher

Dude I have the same problem. 90 FPS on retail but then this mouse movement on the test server... I'm not sure if it only happen with NVidia Cards

just check the fps when you are on the test server...

He’s right Brendan, the test server is unable to handle 90 FPS and seems to be smoothest when you use a FPS limiter set at 50 FPS.

Latest Test Server Patch Feedback.

Beam Weapons- All registering correctly now, very viable for PVP.
    Heavy Weapons- Heavy weapons have had a very noticeable damage increase, tanks are certainly back to being one of the heaviest damager dealers and strongest of classes.
    Rifles- Very well balanced didn’t notice any unusual occurrences, higher range of setups available as lower end rares are now performing to a good standard
    Pistols- Slightly weaker than they should be across the board high, 20-30% damage increase would be sufficient
    APU- Holy Frostration and Fire Apoc very well balanced. Holy Lightning visual effect is too blinding. Lower end APU Modules are too powerful, it is now possible for a Hybrid to do almost the same damage as full APU using just a TL 66 Module for example. The lower end modules need roughly %25 decrease in damage to be balanced. New APU Rare poison spell is very nice but just slightly too powerful, would need %15 decrease to bring it in line with the rest.
    Runspeed- Player run speed seems to behave differently, it could just be the server but some characters seem to be moving a lot faster, and this is a positive change as it provides a better more skill based PVP experience.

Also breaking of legs causing slows is a negative effect for PVP. Please remove this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    Also breaking of legs causing slows is a negative effect for PVP. Please remove this.
    Thank you for that feedback =)

Regarding the legs: This has been a part of pvp since the beginning of Neocron - It's currently 'disabled' on titan because of a bug. So I am not sure about to remove it completly from the game.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Shooting people's legs is fun and good. It will be another form of CC with the slows/freezes/stuns.
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Thank you for that feedback =)

Regarding the legs: This has been a part of pvp since the beginning of Neocron - It's currently 'disabled' on titan because of a bug. So I am not sure about to remove it completly from the game.
    Please do not remove this feature, it add's tactics to the game and certainly allows a skilled player to disable a superior enemy with some well placed shots.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Please do not remove this feature, it add's tactics to the game and certainly allows a skilled player to disable a superior enemy with some well placed shots.
    Agreed! If a spy tries to move out a tank than the only chance for the tank is to take out the advantage of the spy=speed=breaking legs. But a spy can do the same with a tank. It's not UT or Quake where people should jump and run as bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    The fact that you have to aim in Neocron already allows more skilled players to beat less skilled ones.

It only adds tactics if there is a way to instantly heal your legs back to full health status, making it so disabling legs allows for 1-2 easier shots before your opponent (provided they know what they're doing) is moving back to full tilt.

If there's no way to regen your legs instantly then the only "tactic" for PvP is who disables the legs first. It also hamstrings melee even more than it already is, as getting disabled in its current state means the melee player has instantly lost, whereas a ranged player can at least still out-aim his opponent and prevail.

Pro-tip: Anything that slows down PvP is almost always a bad thing. Bob is right; in its current state, it should be removed. If they added some ability/item to regen your legs at an abnormal rate, then I'd be all for it. But yeah, its current state is bad. It not being present on Titan makes PvP infinitely more fun.
    The Melee Pusher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast