Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
To me the PPU is the most complex and interesting char to play. I like to support others, so it's a lot of fun for me to keep people alive. I think I was one of the best PvE PPUs around in the CRP cave 10 years ago. I supported groups of 10 people, complete strangers. It was the best time I ever had in NC, I guess. For days on end I was in that cave having fun with people.

However, the PPU is also the most difficult to play also. Only real pros can play it. Fighting with a gun is easy, compared to that.

First, you need a lot of Holy and Rare PSI modules which are very expensive and hard to get with slots. And you will lose them cause you only have one safe slot for like 10-15 modules. You have many class boosters, for example so you will be swapping all the time if you want to max it out.

PPUs are not unkillable. It only takes one mistake, like not putting on the HH or losing it and they're dead. Or if one shield is taken down.

Since 2.2 and the big nerfs PPUs are quite easy to kill and even harder to play. They were complex before, but the Holy Heal is weak now and shields too imo.

PPUs are fun and extend the game. It is my favorite char, as you might have guessed so pls don't bash it or denigrate it.

If you wanna do 1on1 PvP you don't need PPUs, of course. Although it's surely better to be rezzed after dying instead of imps popping out. For which you'll also need a PPU to put them back in ofc...

Well, you see. Medics are always needed.

If done right they make the game much more interesting imo.
^ this

Also a big point being a PPU: The lag switching between modules could decide about life or death.