Lightbulb AoE Melee idea: Electric hammer smash!

Hey!

I was just talking around about leveling in general in Neocron and people were a bit talking about how Melee was strictly single-target and thought about a new melee weapon that could be added to the game: The AOE Hammer!

In terms of animating new movements I' not sure how that would go, and neither do I for anything else, but I thought it would have been fun to have a Zerker running into the fray and smash the ground for AoE damage. If not possible, would content with a hammer that swings in an arc in front of the player perhaps? Although we do not have said mechanics. Anyhoo, jut dorpping the idea around!

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

AoE melee would be fun - but how is it supposed to work? Ranged AoE works because thing go boom away from you. There is friendly fire in Neocron, so you can easily blow up yourself and your team mates with most AoE.

On other hand Melee equivalent of AoE attack would be shooting with rocket launchers below your own legs - you`ll take damage as well.

Alternative would be direct cone attack - making damage only ahead of you, but that would be slightly OP because would be too easy for Melee to Aim.

So rather than that, if you`d want a real alternave for AoE for melee i`d suggest craftable and salvagable Grenades that use melee skill to use and calculate damage. Though i doubt many would use one.

Though idea of Dai-Katana striking multiple enemies in cone ahead of you, or hammer doing tremor attack on big area ahead is fun. Just dont see the means to implement it.

A big hammer that did aoe damage around him would be awesome. Every other build gets some type of aoe at range, which makes farming easy, so why not give some love to the melee tank (and perhaps other classes too!). I'm sure to implement something like that would take a lot of time though.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2