Default auction house or NPC vendors for players

Would it be possible to add an auction house and if not what about adding NPC vendors that can sell players items?

I don't like auction houses. I prefer barking on Trade or even posting here on the Marketplace forums; these make you interact with other players. The low population does affect trading, but honestly I haven't had a huge problem. If I need an FSM or a tech part it usually takes 1-2 days.

NPC vendors would be cool. Maybe apartments that could be setup as shops. I'd love that. Reminds me of SWG.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Yeah when I thought about the auction house idea I thought NPC vendors would be even better. More NC's style. Might give apartments more functionality too.

What about a compromise, auction house works for everything except rares, epics and FSM/Hacknet Database items.

In other words, if you can buy it in archer&wesson or boobs & guns, you can get it on the player auction house. Hopefully with much better stats and a slot or two.

That should give us the best of both worlds without killing in person, player to player trading.

I'd support the addition of AH with those rules.

EDIT: Oh and I guess you can add jones quest items to that list if anyone really cares, you can already easily make alts for them and then delete the alts.

I actually like an Auction House, or a player vendor type deal. I don't have all day to sit and announce in chat to trade let alone the low population to begin with. Usually when I get to play its always at 0-1% and trading is nearly impossible or just doesn't happen. At least with some type of open market I could buy/sell stuff at other active hours.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

An auction house wouldn't be bad while the population is low, but if the population swings back to a couple hundred actives, it should be removed. Keeps player interaction at a high, but I do agree that the population right now could certainly benefit from it.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    What about a compromise, auction house works for everything except rares, epics and FSM/Hacknet Database items.

In other words, if you can buy it in archer&wesson or boobs & guns, you can get it on the player auction house. Hopefully with much better stats and a slot or two.

That should give us the best of both worlds without killing in person, player to player trading.

I'd support the addition of AH with those rules.

EDIT: Oh and I guess you can add jones quest items to that list if anyone really cares, you can already easily make alts for them and then delete the alts.
    We can compromise even more. Leaving trading as it is, but adding noticeboard where everyone can post their advertisment with indicator if player is online or not with option for rapid DM. Other players could see what is being sold and for what price, while player interaction remain the same.

Yes, there is one in CityCom, but its barely useful. We need something dedicated, from simple boards to (when engine will allow) to holo ads through the city. That would look and feel awesome.

We have talked about often internally.
    I would implement that feature step by step and the first version will be webbased to workaround the current mechanics.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Positives

• Ease of buying stuff
    • Ease of selling stuff

Negatives

• Takes away from the player interaction
    • Could be used to inflate prices (this is a common practice in many if not all mmos with AH's), flipside is constant undercutting.
    • Would be cluttered with 'useless' junk

My personal preference for Neocron is NO.
    Nooq - APU in the making?
    Jam Pants - TANK

I think the problem is the player interaction. Its no secret with such a low population there is literally zero player interaction via trading (at least for me and my time zone). In a market with thousands of players sure an AH would be pointless in a game like Neocron. But with the current population, I think it would be beneficial for sure.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

I would like to see a repair option from all vendors. I know as players we can dump points into it but i think there should be another option if you don't want to use points for it. The same with implant poking. I know its been a long part of the game but having to ask players to do this all the time feels strange. Just looking for options for some things is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikura View Post
    I would like to see a repair option from all vendors. I know as players we can dump points into it but i think there should be another option if you don't want to use points for it. The same with implant poking. I know its been a long part of the game but having to ask players to do this all the time feels strange. Just looking for options for some things is all.
    I disagree. I think that would be too simplified.

What about reducing the skill point requirements for a lot of tradeskills? I would make res/cst/imp/rep/bar all require half the points they currently do (repair is already half, I know). Barter would need significant diminish returns. It's rediculous how specalized a character has to be to be effective in Neocron. The best tradeskillers have seperate characters for res, cst, and barter. It's an unnecessary hurdle and too many alts.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I disagree. I think that would be too simplified.

What about reducing the skill point requirements for a lot of tradeskills? I would make res/cst/imp/rep/bar all require half the points they currently do (repair is already half, I know). Barter would need significant diminish returns. It's rediculous how specalized a character has to be to be effective in Neocron. The best tradeskillers have seperate characters for res, cst, and barter. It's an unnecessary hurdle and too many alts.
    I wouldn't mind an NPC poking or repairing, but they could limit either the quality of repair from the shop or make it only possible for other players to repair rare items. For poking you could make TL 115 and epic reward implants exclusive to players only.

That way shops can repair amour and lowbie weapons to help the newer population, anything from Epic and upwards should be player repair only - or would that get too complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikura View Post
    Oh god this would be a godsend for Neocron in its current state. Trying to find someone to do repairs or poking is a nightmare. Half the time I just log out of boredom waiting around for someone that can repair or poke. Repair station or an implant station would be a very nice addition to the game.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

NC For Free!

I like to see Public Vendors like idea. Maybe 3-4 Locations around the world players can rent a stall maybe. With a low population it should work okay just don't be dinks and limit what a stall can sell or people will just abuse it with 10 alts and there would be no stalls for others.

But I like to have a Old School real Trading style system. Like old games had housing and then in the houses you could sell your goodies and such. Like Endless Ages, Ultima Online, etc.

I would really hate it to be ruined by a auction house or a search / index system like Anarchy online ended up doing.

I rather players still advertise via the forums / chat but now they have a location where we can check their vendors and many others without compromising old school trading.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast