Default Few questions from a new old runner

Hi Dear All,

It's been a while since my last login in NC (perhaps, 2009-2010). Back then, I was just trying to get into PvP asap, grinding xp and not paying much attention to the world and plot details. Then I tried hard to find a decent alternative to this game (played Eve Online for several years), but none of them managed to provide the same level of immersion and atmosphere as NC did back then.

So, now I decided to come back to find a closure and to finally experience Neocron properly. Don't care about population anymore, but would be very happy if someone could redirect me to a thread summarizing future plans of the community and game development (or maybe just say few words about general direction the game is going and how likely it's going to exist in the near future).

2. I heard there were some changes in the leveling speed (it's substantially faster now, right?)

3. Are there any suggestions/tips, such as, e.g., which class to pick to get most out of the game in its present state?

Thanks a lot in advance! I hope you won't find those old fart's questions too annoying =)

There is a very large patch coming to Titan as soon as it is ironed out on Vedeena. It's massive and will be awesome!
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Quote Originally Posted by kazvall View Post
    There is a very large patch coming to Titan as soon as it is ironed out on Vedeena. It's massive and will be awesome!
    Great! Thanks for the info. Will there be a progression wipe, btw?

Nope

Also I would probably start as a Tank with Heavy Weapons or a Monk with APU
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

APU is a grind. Tank is probably better for solo play or low population mostly because you can just about do everything you need to do on a tank in terms of levelling and seeing the world.

Make an alt (on a separate account) to fix your stuff and poke you and you are set.

In terms of the future plans, the only concrete thing they have said is that their aim is to make NC run for as long as humanly possible. In terms of patches etc, the test server is getting updated regularly and balancing is happening (it has been ongoing for some time).

If you want PVP then i would suggest looking at the event that is running soon on said test server - you can cap a char on there in about 30 seconds and then you can go and literally buy and outfit said char in about 20 minutes all told. This will also allow you to take part in said event and probably give you a taste of nc of old.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Thanks a lot for all your answers! Much appreciated.