Default Steam Greenlight

Hey guys, so i was watching some old Neocron videos on YT and i said to myself, "Wow, this game would be so much better if it had more players", and suddenly Steam came to my mind.

First off, i'm not familiar with how putting a game in Steam works, so i'm not aware of the complication it might bring.

That being said i really think it would be hugely beneficial to the game, true the first month or so the game could get filled with people that'll probably play for 2 hours and then write a review on how the game is "ugli" and has no third person view and other stupid statements, but removing that initial phase we really could benefit from simply having more players.

What you guys think, and do you think it could be easy to do it?
    "What hurt you once will hurt you twice. This is not the beginning but the beginning’s end. You’d do well to remember that… but you never do." - The Dark Tower I - The Gunslinger.

alt+e is third person.

I know, but as you know most of Steam's Free to Play community doesn't really search for things like that.
    "What hurt you once will hurt you twice. This is not the beginning but the beginning’s end. You’d do well to remember that… but you never do." - The Dark Tower I - The Gunslinger.

In many ways we are in a Catch-22 situation.

Steam would bring lot of people in, but with a 'half-finished' game (not just balance but missions and other content) reviews would be poor, damaging our reputation and potential future player-base.

Waiting longer to fix things, update textures and models, tweak balance, etc. before releasing to Steam only delays bringing more people into the game.

Knowing the right moment to release is next to impossible.

Not to mention the licensing minefield we would have to walk through.

Getting NC onto Steam would be amazing, and personally, would possibly be the biggest step the game has made in the last decade. But right now, we are not ready.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I understand your opinion, even tho most of the stuff on Greenlight is much buggier than Neocron, and to some extent some of the stuff on the F2P section too, it might be for the best to wait 'till the game's better.
    My worry is how long that will take and that takes me to my second question, what coding language is Neocron made with? I'm currently in coding school, i'm experienced with C, have some experience in Java, and i can quickly search and try new languages. I won't promise anything but if there's a way i can help i can try out, can't lose anything by tryin'.