Default [T#226] Client wont start

Was gonna check the test server but client seems to lock up after patching...

Quote Originally Posted by Nysek View Post
    Was gonna check the test server but client seems to lock up after patching...
    I've just tried the test server. For me it patched to 226 and the client is running fine.

When did you last patch the test server before today? Also have you followed the instructions in this thread for getting on the test server?
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    I've just tried the test server. For me it patched to 226 and the client is running fine.

When did you last patch the test server before today? Also have you followed the instructions in this thread for getting on the test server?
    Yes, downloaded the latest and patched to 226. After attempting to launch the program is simply not responsive, live works fine but the test server doesn't seem to.

Then after restarting the client, if I attempt to click "play neocron" (of course with the server selected as the test server for my test server installation) it will freeze once more.

Posts split and moved to the bug report forum.

1. Please can you give the spec of your PC (Windows version/CPU spec/GFX spec)
    2. Start your launcher, go into Configuration and check file integrity.
    3. Then start your launcher and re-configure the hardware make sure that is set ok.
    4. If that still fails please include a copy of D3D9Drv.log, Error.log and Init.log

Thanks
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I will do so after work, already attempted a file check but I believe it froze on a hardware check...

I know it's not off my specs as live still functions so it's most likely some configuration issue.

Windows 7
    Nvidia Geforce 550 Ti if I am not mistaken
    Forgot the exact processor but I know it's a 3.4 ghz sandybridge

But ya I'll investigate when I get home, if I manage to resolve it I'll post the fix incase someone else has the issue.

Alright, ya seems to not detect my hardware properly for some reason even tho the normal client does fine.

Init
    =================================================================
    Neocron Intitialization Logfile
    =================================================================

Current Time: 05:25:51
    Current Date: 08-24-2016

WinMain: Creating window . . .

WinMain: Current server connection: 144.76.177.3:7000

WinMain: Window created!
    Host: Current language: ENG
    Host: Console initialized.
    Init Engine . . .
    Init Driver . . .
    Enumerating display modes . . .
    -> Valid modes found: 18
    Enumerating sound and mixer modes . . .
    Selecting drivers and modes . . .
    Initialization completed!

Host: Starting shutdown procedure . . .
    -> Exit TextureManager
    -> Exit ActorManager
    -> Exit SoundManager
    -> Exit TextManager
    -> Exit ShotInfo
    -> Exit NetManager
    -> Exit NetBuffer
    -> Exit ScriptBase
    -> Exit InputManager
    -> Exit MouseCtrl
    -> Exit Console
    -> Exit GenesisManager
    -> Exit Parser
    Host: Shutting down complete!
    On live obviously it does not force a shutdown

Error
    free memory: 1023 MB physical, 1023 MB virtual (74%)
    While on the live version I have four times the amount in every "error" log. Not to mention the log is missing files checked.

D3D9

Processing driver hook
    Init D3D object
    Init D3DEnum object

--------------------
    Start enumeration
    --------------------

Driver: nvd3dum.dll (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti)
    Driver: supports shader versions VS=3.0 PS=3.0
    Driver: best desktop format D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
    Driver: best depthstencil format D3DFMT_D24S8
    Driver: best texture format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
    Driver: best alpha texture format D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4
    Driver: best compressed texture format D3DFMT_DXT1
    Driver: best compressed alpha texture format D3DFMT_DXT3
    Driver: best lightmap format D3DFMT_R5G6B5
    Mode: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
    Mode: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8
    Mode: D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10

--------------------
    End enumeration
    --------------------

Init D3D object
    Init D3DEnum object
    Shutdown driver
    Shutdown driver
    But after reinstalling I attempt to launch the game, and freezes. And since the client.exe is shutdown, yet still running, (process is still running on task manager yet windows claims it is not when attempting to kill the task) it is impossible to check the hardware. It's quite annoying so far.

Edit : And after reinstalling it says my patch is 228, not 226.... which would definitely cause issues unless it is now 228.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)
    i7-2600 3.4 GHz
    12g RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI
    Last edited by Nysek; 24-08-16 at 08:56.

Granted I'm going to assume 228 doesn't have anything to do with it.

Just make some tests (haven't patch for a week or so), game patched to 228 ok (we don't have 227 and 228 patchnotes ! ^^) and launched without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasterbot View Post
    Just make some tests (haven't patch for a week or so), game patched to 228 ok (we don't have 227 and 228 patchnotes ! ^^) and launched without any problems.
    No luck thus far, gotta figure out why the client simply freezes and it's not seeing my hardware like live does.

I doubt the local port might do it but unsure what the test server one is.
    Last edited by Nysek; 24-08-16 at 17:22.

So far it just seems the client.exe is what's causing the issue... the question is "why?". Made a copy of the newest one and the original from installation, by swapping them I at least get an error about the original being "corrupt" (Most likely since it's an older version than what is used currently, obviously) but doesn't mean it's going to be an easy fix.

Even after having it re-download the client.exe (421kb) file, it returns an error. While the one after the update from a fresh install (422kb) simply freezes on hardware check or launch while also running 2-3 instances which cannot be closed via task manager or taskkill'ed via cmd.

That and the updated client.exe after installation doesn't exactly show it runs in administration mode (shown via shield icon) even with it enabled through properties. Granted, that's fairly normal since it is launched via neocron launcher.

Will continue to experiment with it...
    Last edited by Nysek; 24-08-16 at 19:39.

Seems to be based on the localport used for the client... anyone have the the current local port so I can confirm this?

Was running fine last week, started up the computer on my day off only to find the port reverted which is strange.

Confirmed where the bug is : When the client is closed, at any given time, the neocron.ini file changes it's port... trying to find out exactly why.

But bug is indeed related to the port changing from 8796 (the correct local port for the neocron.ini for the test server) to another port.

Quote Originally Posted by Nysek View Post
    Confirmed where the bug is : When the client is closed, at any given time, the neocron.ini file changes it's port... trying to find out exactly why.

But bug is indeed related to the port changing from 8796 (the correct local port for the neocron.ini for the test server) to another port.
    The port changes to 29240, by the way.

The port change isn't a bug. You can set a permanent port in the launcher settings.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The port change isn't a bug. You can set a permanent port in the launcher settings.
    Ya... problem is it's a random port on every exit. Thus why it's strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast