Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Overcap discussion

I have implemented the overcap now I was talking about some days ago:

On rares:

On non-rares:

These changes are getting deployed with the next vedeena patch.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I have implemented the overcap now I was talking about some days ago:
    So you wont be able to cap guns? I love weapon caps! Im sick of having to put all my int in weapon lore. On the test server I made a termi pe build and was able to figure out exactly how many points I needed to cap it. I then got poking and some hacking. If I went for a higher TL weapon then I'd have to sacrifice some extra skills in order to cap it. Characters had more variety when there were caps. At least this is my 2 cents. What does everyone else think?
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

There is a softcap implemented aswell and its up to you if you invest those points in RC or AGL instead. Doing slight more damage or running faster

n00bs will have a slight damage bonus aswell if they get a rc/pc/hc/mc/psi boost. I really liked that back in the day (NC1) when my TL 19 did more damage than a TL 32 when I met the minimum requirements to use it.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

n00bs will have a slight damage bonus aswell if they get a rc/pc/hc/mc/psi boost. I really liked that back in the day (NC1) when my TL 19 did more damage than a TL 32 when I met the minimum requirements to use it.
    I love it.....like back in the good old days <3
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

There is a softcap implemented aswell and its up to you if you invest those points in RC or AGL instead. Doing slight more damage or running faster
    I'd enjoy a soft cap that nearly becomes a hard cap. You can always improve, but 10 points for 1% might not be worth it.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I'd enjoy a soft cap that nearly becomes a hard cap. You can always improve, but 10 points for 1% might not be worth it.
    Yes, this is the intention You are fine with this?
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

This has been a long required change.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    This has been a long required change.
    Glad we have you aboard.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

awesome, thanks team.

Yes, this is the intention You are fine with this?
    Alright, I'm gonna trust you! Harder soft cap than current Titan I hope.

Thanks!
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I'll push a patch to vedeena when I am getting back home so you guys can test this <3
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

I don't fully understand. Is this going to raise the max level you can reach in a skill, or is it just going to be added stuff for or from something else?

I think I understand it correctly. They are going for the best of both worlds.

A soft cap where you "need" to reach to get to optimum efficiency for your weapon - points invested up to this point will give an equal return for your investment. 1 point (skill not level up points) should give the same % all the way to soft cap.

Beyond this point investing further RC/PC etc points will bring a diminishing return and cost infinitely more for very little return before ending at hard cap - the last possible point you can spend to get your bonus.

I have 2 questions - 1) will implant bonuses (PC RC etc) contribute to the hard cap over and above the soft cap from skill points? and 2) can we get documented details of the soft AND hard caps for ALL weapons/spells/modules when finalised and after retail.

This sort of stuff is gold dust to a set up junkie and (I dont want to make any leaps of faith) could honestly be the biggest change you guys have made since balancing began. If this hits retail along with balancing it could finally give a level playing field to the game and is something I hope that many will see the benefit of.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

if I got this right, your saying that there will be a difference between the base skill points and the ones added by spells or implants and power armor for using the equipment to optimum efficiency?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Spells, son?
    disgust.gif
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast