Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

sorry saadow, it isnt an infraction, it has been said multiple times that i can remember over the years that it is not against the rules.... it never has been.

any implementation of anything to allow people to get revenge on scammers would have to be automated, so like a tag put on the item with its owners name/id if it gets traded and no money changes hands. then if that item isnt returned to owner in X time then you get your card. There is no way it could be a support ticket thing, GMs always have enough to do.

We have the processor built into our hud, why not make tools that allow for trading what's in your processor to another player? Make the game more difficult by requiring a minimum barter to use the tools so people have to put points in it, otherwise they have to do it the old fashioned way? This way the system is protected, it's not dropped on the ground which can be exploited to other people. Scamming can still happen--because for some reason, for someone that doesn't support it, you seem to be just fine letting it happen--when someone decides to trade without using the system, nothing is done about the scamming because there were automated tools that the player should have used.

A solution could be to duplicate the remote implant 'function' and applicate it to repair.
    There's already a tool ingame for that purpose.
    Who want to have his stuff repair just place it into the process window and find a repairer with a remote repair tool
    and there you go, no more scam of this kind.

I like that there is risk. I only trade with people I trust, so I'm usually safe. If you don't know anyone, stop not knowing anyone.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Your answer is somewhat strange and condescending ^^.

You state that you like some risk but immediatly after, say that you trade with your only trusted poeple.
    And if it's not enough you advise some noobs to begin befriend someone to trust on an empty server,
    paradoxical I think .

Quote Originally Posted by Fasterbot View Post
    Your answer is somewhat strange and condescending ^^.

You state that you like some risk but immediatly after, say that you trade with your only trusted poeple.
    And if it's not enough you advise some noobs to begin befriend someone to trust on an empty server,
    paradoxical I think .
    I meant that the risk forced me to find people I could trust. I think everyone should be aware of the risk and then follow help/trade chat and socialize a little bit, so they can know who to trust.The community is small, but I still know a handful of cst/res/rep people and I have zero reason to even make tradeskillers myself. Firing Squad (Immune) and GP both wont rip you off. Most of the tradeskill clans that hang out in P1 are legit, just keep an eye out and you'll recognize the names quickly.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

THAT is a more constructive answer, thanks a lot for them .

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saadow View Post
    We have the processor built into our hud, why not make tools that allow for trading what's in your processor to another player? Make the game more difficult by requiring a minimum barter to use the tools so people have to put points in it, otherwise they have to do it the old fashioned way? This way the system is protected, it's not dropped on the ground which can be exploited to other people. Scamming can still happen--because for some reason, for someone that doesn't support it, you seem to be just fine letting it happen--when someone decides to trade without using the system, nothing is done about the scamming because there were automated tools that the player should have used.
    You should never trade anything to someone who wants it dropped on the ground.
    You should be wary of tradeskillers who close / dont reopen the HUD while repairing / constructing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I like that there is risk. I only trade with people I trust, so I'm usually safe. If you don't know anyone, stop not knowing anyone.
    this.

That's all well and fine as long as they don't have their LE installed, then I suppose it's justice served. If they do, then this gives absolutely no recourse.

But it should come to notice of the record that there has been no challenge to my assertion that this activity is, in fact, against the rules and it's simply been ignored. Which is a shame. Something should be done to rectify the situation, either by treating it as the infraction it really is or giving the player in question a method of exacting revenge.

How about a bounty card? A tool allowing the player in question to attack the player named on the item, LE installed or not, with all the benefits and downfalls of PVP regarding that one user until the player holding the card or anyone in a team with the card-holding player kills the player in question, or no longer has the card in their belt? While holding the item, the player or anyone in their team can be killed by the named player, if they die they retain the card and can continue to hunt the scammer at another time?

To keep with the atmosphere, the card should only be given to the character who was scammed, and only be good for the character the person was scammed by?

Lol this game has seen more than it's share of players coming to complain on forums about being treated harshly in-game. Demanding game changes, and usually/generally making the game softer.

They've tried and listened to them, because at at time, they were a 'paying customer base', and they ruined the essence of the game along with it. They have lost their base player base by try to accomodate and doing too many changes (re-balance anyone ?).

Now all I see within this post and your next ones are you doing the exact same thing and demanding game changes to accomodate your (safer) style of play.

The game is geared towards you building a crew and exacting revenge, not asking for a player to get in troubles, nor by changing rules, or game mechanics.

Causing in game grief to other players is embedded in the game mechanics, in a certain way.
    We used to put people on KoS lists and kill them repeatedly, any and everytime we would encounter them. People would lie, scam, shoot you in the back, steal your items in your belts while you teamed with them, follow you in your apt and gank you in there, or rezz/kill repeatedly...

This is, after all, an hardcore pvp game.

Slogan used to be 'no more elves' and 'never die alone'.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

I think I was the one that this post was started over, when visage went to repair my item, at least supposedly, and then jacked me of my 4 slot liquid fire rifle. I was actually accused of starting this thread by a GM I talked to about my complaint from the incident. I ended up just upgrading to a plasma rifle. I was already the right level to use it, so it ended up not being such a big deal. the GM stated that its not against the rules of the game to steal from other players by pretending to have a tradeskill. The only thing he was really worried about was if the runner in question had said something that would have been considered against the rules. I didn't know of any such thing being said, but explained everything that he said, all the way down to the hunt in pepper park with a time limit to find my weapon that was stolen, which would supposedly have been in a barrel, and I had declined the hunt for it because I was already building myself the higher level weapon. Its just good to know that people will look out for each other in the future if this person tries to do it to someone else. Without that support to being able to keep them from having the ability to steal from another player, no one would know whether or not to undergo this type of risk, which is taken every time you go to another character to get help via their tradeskill that they are trying to offer.

knowledge that repairs can be done remotely with a remote repair tool is a good start, however I'd like to draw attention to rule 1, and that I feel this rule is broken when a scam has taken place.

Attachment 12618

I think this tool is for repairing vehicles only mate.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

Today the clan Al Hayat and members ( Green Arizona ) ( Passive Monk) and (Waltraut) Stole from me earilier. Said they would log a repper and Stole a item from me. Which is really shitty tbh. These guys are in Fallen Angels and apparently do this a lot so keep an eye out for them!!
    Breakaway (Tank)
    Mr Pink (hybrid)
    Betty Swollocks (PC Tank)
    Origianally Posted By Nidhogg:
    Wow, so many reasons I could use for closing this thread. Hmm, I think I'll settle with...

Mental, closed.
    N

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Today the clan Al Hayat and members ( Green Arizona ) ( Passive Monk) and (Waltraut) Stole from me earilier. Said they would log a repper and Stole a item from me. Which is really shitty tbh. These guys are in Fallen Angels and apparently do this a lot so keep an eye out for them!!
    What a bunch of t*ssers, should just wait for the lads to get on mate, hope they didn't get anything too valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasterbot View Post
    A solution could be to duplicate the remote implant 'function' and applicate it to repair.
    There's already a tool ingame for that purpose.
    Who want to have his stuff repair just place it into the process window and find a repairer with a remote repair tool
    and there you go, no more scam of this kind.
    I like this idea.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

^ this.

I was thinking about it already some ... erm, oh.. years ago but this got lost from my ToDo list for some reason ;/
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast