Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Balance Project Update, July 2016.

To clarify a bit further on some of Bragi's points, our next patch to Titan will be the changes to the weapon system. Those changes encompass an entirely rewritten damage and weapon mechanic system. All aspects of how weapons operate in the game will have a completely new implementation. An implementation that we're sure will have many benefits in the years to come.

This is the implementation you have seen evolve on Vedeena since the last Titan patch.

Weapons will still be those that you know and use today. You won't suddenly have to relearn the entire game but the underlying mechanics will be more efficient. They will be more reliable and accurately predictable. All weapons types have been united into a manageable system which accurately reflects the changes we make. No longer will a toffee hammer adjustment to a statistic lead to a sledgehammer change in damage in game.

This is the reason any testing of weapons you can contribute from Vedeena would be very helpful. For example, each runner picks a series of weapons, tests them against our damage sponge Elf NPCs and notes the anomalies. With that data Zoltan can chase down and fix the last pockets of renegade code which cause some of seemingly unpredictable impacts we've seen in Neocron for years.

Once that's done, the changes we've added to Vedeena will be rolled into the next Titan patch. It's the significance and wide spread nature of the weapon system rewrite, which is holding back some of the other changes currently on Vedeena.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 15-07-16 at 09:30. Reason: typo!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hey there,

I'm loaded up with all the melee weapons on my tank, and all the rifles on my spy. Could you explain how to get WoC on the test server?

I believe Jack is loaded up with all the H-C and Pistols on his test characters. He just started a new job... but I'll try and help him by being his ammo mule. That means I just need to lom my spy to drones and get those numbers, after rifles are done.

I believe APU spell tests have already been done? Please let me know about that, and where to grab WoC.

Thanks.

In the Neoconstruct is an altar which warps you to the Ceres temple. Talk to the 'Super Hard Mission Guy' to kill a rat. This gives you a bucket of xp (you may need to repeat this challenging mission a few times).
    In the Neoconstruct is an NPC that gives out free WoC disks (WoC'o'Mat). Talk to the Moneyman for free creds and activate WoC as normal.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I have the melee weapons done, will continue with rifles tomorrow. I'll get everything posted after I make sure there's no errors/typos.

Thanks very much kazvall, this really helps us a lot!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The Moneyman is found in the Neoconstruct btw.
    There is also a terminal to jump between temple and 'struct.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    tests them against our damage sponge Elf NPCs .
    where can i find them ?

found them ...
    Last edited by -AB-; 15-07-16 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Get it on the test server to wear whilst you are testing. Problem solved.

The sense of entitlement is strong in this thread.
    Oh shut up.

He did all the testing without asking for anything. Where is the entitlement in that.

The gold PA was my idea and I think it's justified.

Wind your neck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Oh shut up.

He did all the testing without asking for anything. Where is the entitlement in that.

The gold PA was my idea and I think it's justified.

Wind your neck in.
    Testing things on the test server is on volunteer base and not "I will test as much as I can to hope that I get a item drop". No one got a gold pa since the launch of Titan and there were a lot events with a proper contant that could made a gold pa drop valid.
    we honor those people that test a lot on the test server with constructive disussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    Testing things on the test server is on volunteer base and not "I will test as much as I can to hope that I get a item drop". No one got a gold pa since the launch of Titan and there were a lot events with a proper contant that could made a gold pa drop valid.
    we honor those people that test a lot on the test server with constructive disussions.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    I absolutely agree. As I said the gold PA was my SUGGESTION not his own.

So any talk about entitlement is uncalled for.

What do you mean you "honor" them with constructive discussions?

Btw. still waiting for weapon mods and go for apu/ppu stuff and drones so we can finally make some progress....

People care more about me not getting a gold PA with worse stats than the regular PA, than they care about the testing I did. I love it.

If you guys care that much, I'd also love to see you volunteer your time on Vedeena.
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Or better yet, don't do any testing. Come in here when you've seen other people test for 10+ hours, and just tell them they don't deserve anything for their time. That's probably a better way to get this patch out.
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz