Default Neocron Moving Forward

Hi Community,

Neocron Community Edition was born after the unfortunate collapse of Reakktor Media in April 2012. With the torch passed to the Neocron Support Team, Neocron was and continues to be online and available - for free - for our dedicated community.

The Neocron Support Team operate Neocron Community Edition as a continuation of the Neocron project. Since our tenure began we have introduced many improvements to the game, developing the code and the game world we inherited in 2012. Today in 2016 that code base has evolved significantly, with an investment of thousands of development hours. Many aspects of the game have been adapted, refactored or rewritten entirely.

With all of this investment we now have a Neocron supported by modern operating systems, with significantly fewer bugs, much improved support for today’s resolutions, not a Fatal Runtime Error in sight and many new exciting and useful features.

Our game world has evolved too; with factions returning to redeveloped homes (one more to go!), new missions for Runners of all levels, hunting areas redesigned and thousands of cosmetic issues resolved. Not to mention a bevy of new high resolution graphic assets – with many, many more to come! - to give the world that extra oomph.

Our aims are to continually improve the experience while bringing modernisation and quality of life improvements. Alongside refinement to the experience as a whole, our mission has always been to bring the best of Neocron to the fore. Mixing gameplay experiences from all eras of the game's long life with new ideas and features, ensuring we can continue to share a game that has left a lasting impression on thousands of gamers for over 15 years.

We will continue down this path, evolving the game into what we believe is a great experience for our players and community. We truly appreciate our dedicated community and cannot thank you enough for your feedback, contribution and support.

As of June 2016 an additional option is available to the Neocron Community, for those with the desire to return to the days of the original Neocron. A new independent team, a team operating entirely separately from the NST, have been authorised to bring you this retro experience in the form of Neocron Classic Community Edition.

The Neocron Classic Team are armed with the same resources to those we received in 2012. Due to its very close mechanical ties to gameplay of the original Neocron, the NCT are starting from a baseline of Reakktor Media’s Neocron Evolution 2.1. The NCT have everything they need to evolve the game in their own way, to build upon their own priorities and chosen direction; resetting gameplay, game mechanics and the game world in line with the original Neocron. As a strong group of individuals with a long history in Neocron, they share the passion of the Neocron Support Team and the wider Neocron Community.

We wish the NCT the best of luck in their endeavours. We have been in communication with the team for a short while now and hope to maintain this relationship as peaceful neighbours. You can find more information and discuss the project at the Neocron Classic Community Edition website.

All the best,
    Your Neocron Support Team.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Now this might not be the place to ask but... is there a certain time planned for when the additions, re-balances etc. over on the test server are going to make it over to the "Titan" server? or is it one of those 'When it's done' type of thing?
    I hear people say that it 'might' be August but I'm not entirely certain where they've read that.

Possibly the most ambiguous threat title ever.

This is not moving forward. This is reiterating past achievements. Talking about what has been done so far. 4 paragraphs worth. Then some very vague and generic future plans.

What are the new missions and stuff? This could have been more specific. The revamped canyon and low level caves was a good thing but people want to know the future not the past.

Right now there is a lot of hope with the NCC project. Thats why people have migrated ( for lack of a better word) and there will always be some that will support both projects but they can only truly do that by playing the game and visiting the forum.

As mentioned in a previous post both the game and forums here are virtual ghost towns. People have moved on or are silently lurking. The thread from Bobhoskins only a few weeks back pretty much summed it all up in regards to the op war scene.

All the fancy textures and revamped missions are great till there is no one there to look at them. This announcement should have been the opportunity to address community concerns and paint the picture for the future not dwell on the past achievments whether good or bad. It should have inspired people to "KKeepthefaith" when its all but lost and it fell sadly short of that.

Added to which it took 4 or 5 days to actually post something and then two (since deleted) dev posts in the thread before a real response was made.

So as a community member with a long held passion for this game i implore you to do this. Pull the team together for a big internal discussion and decide exactly what your future plans are to bring people back to the game and get on with it. Read the brainport for example and see what the recurrent themes are. Change some strategies if need be and re-enlist help from the community if you actually want people playing the game because right now this seems to me to be a private restoration project conducted by the NST to restore 2.2 to its former glory, whether players are playing it or not.

This is not a flame this is an honest, genuine and educated opinion.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

So when does double xp start?

Ok sorry. Good luck with it all though!

All jokes aside is there any news on the stuff falchion mentioned prior to deleting his post? His words went something along the lines of "on the contrary development is moving along nicely behind the scenes.... the project is far from stagnant". I realise you guys see stuff we don't but the perception externally is pretty bad.

If you could manage to actually post some of this good stuff people would be more supportive and positive. Communication is a two way street after all. Perception was never something that the KK team could really understand historically either, PR generally I think was witchcraft to them but if you guys can finally manage to break that mould and not then delete your posts I think it would go a long way towards restoring some of the excitement in this project.

Give people something to get excited about and you will soon see how bright and positive this community can be.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 14-07-16 at 10:44.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

You guys should really begin to make the dive with a port into UE4.

Everyone knows a game like this in UE4 would be disgusting.

It'd be a fair amount of work but let's be fair, learning UE4 would be good for all of your careers.
    Saturn
    APU - The Warbots Testis
    MC Tank - cant remember :P
    PE - Massacre**
    SPY - Keith Chegwin

Quote Originally Posted by X41823T View Post
    Now this might not be the place to ask but... is there a certain time planned for when the additions, re-balances etc. over on the test server are going to make it over to the "Titan" server? or is it one of those 'When it's done' type of thing?
    Mostly when Z sorts out the weapon code (especially the drone/spell code), there's some asset stuff (like the black alphas) that needs sorting too.
    I know this is the same answer I have given for a while now, but Z's a perfectionist and just how badly the game has been mangled over the years is becoming more and more apparent; we think we've polished a stone only to turn it over to find it covered in moss. Every time we think we've fixed something the code under it throws up more "WTF KK?!".

When that's 'done' I can come in and tweak armour/implant values to match the skill system (which is also being reworked).
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Here's a separate thread to discuss our next steps. We'd like to avoid taking this thread off topic.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks for the kind words guys! We are hoping to really deliver on the Neocron Classic promise, and know that with the NST and everybody behind us we can and will achieve this goal.

*waves* Hello all! The NCT is grateful for all the community support we have received over the last month and we are ever so grateful for such a tight knit community. Lets all remember to show support for BOTH projects, I know the work involved in running this and it isn't all cake and ice cream. Lots of money is involved (out of pocket I might add) to run these servers to support the client base, even if there is a population issue, it still costs the same amount of money. We need to remember to appreciate each and every team member and what they contribute, nobody is getting paid here.

I salute the NST and the Community for keeping this game alive, and the NCT hopes to follow in the NST's foot steps and keep Neocron moving forward!
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules ]

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Mostly when Z sorts out the weapon code (especially the drone/spell code), there's some asset stuff (like the black alphas) that needs sorting too.
    I know this is the same answer I have given for a while now, but Z's a perfectionist and just how badly the game has been mangled over the years is becoming more and more apparent; we think we've polished a stone only to turn it over to find it covered in moss. Every time we think we've fixed something the code under it throws up more "WTF KK?!".

When that's 'done' I can come in and tweak armour/implant values to match the skill system (which is also being reworked).
    this kind of post gives me huge amounts of hope.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"