Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Default Neocron 1 (pre-DoY)

Hey all,

I guess this is the right place to post this as it's for the neocron community. There's been another project set up to run a Neocron 1 server ie pre DoY. There's a strong team of developers who are responding to the wishes of the community regarding the vision for the new server rather than just one guy running it his way. It's very refreshing and personally I'm very excited about it. There's a lot of old names returning and goes to closed beta soon. Head over to https://forum.neocron.org and check it out.

We'll have a comprehensive post about this shortly, with additional details from our side of the fence. We've already got communication going between the two teams and will be aiming to continue that relationship.

I feel your comments regarding how our project is run somewhat unfair but that is a discussion for elsewhere. The NST wish the NCT all the best with their endeavours for a Neocron Classic experience.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 09-07-16 at 21:25.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

All anyone wants is the best for the game. Dev teams and community. Information dissemination has slowed a little again and this other team has breathed life into the game.

I wish both teams well in all of this and look forward to reaping the benefits of their outstanding contributions to the game.

Chin up. Neocrons future has a brightness about it that I think it has been missing for a period.

If you guys collaborate I think it will be fucking epic. To coin a popular phrase.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    Hey all,

I guess this is the right place to post this as it's for the neocron community. There's been another project set up to run a Neocron 1 server ie pre DoY. There's a strong team of developers who are responding to the wishes of the community regarding the vision for the new server rather than just one guy running it his way. It's very refreshing and personally I'm very excited about it. There's a lot of old names returning and goes to closed beta soon. Head over to https://forum.neocron.org and check it out.

Just checked the forums and there has been more activity there in a few days than months here. Old veterans are turning up too.

This is a game changer. I think there is something to be learned from this.

Collaborate or see a house divided.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Collaborate or see a house divided.
    ... if half the current population wanders off, you could perform the migration with a single troop carrier, two at most.

I guess it remains to be seen what the NCC can deliver.
    Do they have access to the source code?
    What about the tooling to manage accounts, backups, support?
    Are they allowed and willing to setup a sustainable funding model?

Not holding my breath, but any effort to get NC afloat again is welcome.
    Putting both projects under the same umbrella would probably help, but I can see why this might not be wanted.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Guess it's one of those watch this space kind of thing.

Looks like neocron cannot die.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Putting both projects under the same umbrella would probably help
    yes it would.
    the nst could help the ncc to advance way faster. giving them access to their tools and share some of the exp they have gained over the last years. this would be the greatest thing the nst could do for the nc community.

if the nst's primary motivation is to keep nc alive and support the community they will do it.

former king of saturn

Look at UO, they sustain playerbases on official and offshoot shards and players migrate from one to the next as their interest wanes.

Having NC1 available may very well make people desire the changes in NC2.2. There may be players who prefer 2.2 over Classic, and there maybe roaming groups of players who switch between servers as their interests change.

The net result of 2 Neocron servers will most certainly be increased community. The community may not be in one place and while the culture between two different servers will be different, the community outlook will be the same.

Neocron is dead. Long live Neocron!

NC1 with all their bugs,exploits and netcode errors . . much thanks no one want it !!

Quote Originally Posted by wintah View Post
    NC1 with all their bugs,exploits and netcode errors . . much thanks no one want it !!
    The devs are fixing it, pretty sure somebody wants it or nobody would have even signed up over there, you can stay here.
    Last edited by Nakomi43; 11-07-16 at 21:09.

from what I have read, they are actually starting out with NC2 and rolling back the game world settings to more closely match what it was in NC1. It is not actually NC1. Still plenty of exploits and bugs left
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

It's not a bug, it's a feature ^^
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    We'll have a comprehensive post about this shortly, with additional details from our side of the fence.

How long is shortly? Im curious.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I wanted this done before this thread even appeared, so as soon as I can get it out the door. I'm afraid sudden personal circumstances, which the NCT are aware of, have prevented me achieving this.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Do you guys work for the EU now? Only Brussels has this much bureaucracy to release a statement!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast