Why would you want to heal an NPC, it just seems like something a griefer would do. I cant think of any other situation where anybody would want to heal an NPC in neocron. The first thing that springs to mind is if someone else is in a Rhino in my hunting area I could dual log my ppu and heal up the grim persecutor that is attacking their rhino....

does this "npc" label apply to mobs? or only vendors and the like inside the City? Are they able to also receive defensive buffs?

I am genuinely curious as to what benefit this has on the game.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Why would you want to heal an NPC, it just seems like something a griefer would do. I cant think of any other situation where anybody would want to heal an NPC in neocron. The first thing that springs to mind is if someone else is in a Rhino in my hunting area I could dual log my ppu and heal up the grim persecutor that is attacking their rhino....

does this "npc" label apply to mobs? or only vendors and the like inside the City? Are they able to also receive defensive buffs?

I am genuinely curious as to what benefit this has on the game.
    Bossfight mechanics. All of the arm walking bastards in Regants will be removed and replaced by those Preacher NPCs, so they can heal the Boss continuously.

The heal isn't that strong compared to a normal player. NPC can have thousands of hp.
    There is no problem to remove that feature again. It came with the recent refactorings I had to do - now we do have an shared base between NPCs and players regarding the damagesystem.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I've been thinking about this killboard thingy. Would it be possible to have it not display kills from within the same clan? So you can kill your buddy accidentally with aoe or in an organized duel, without it going up on the list. I do kinda like the idea of it showing all PKs, because then it'll reveal more players locations, which means more ganks for me, but that is kinda silly.

Edit: Would also be nice if killing clan-mates had no effect on sympathy or soullight. We're often forced to team to avoid accidental symp/sl losses, even when teaming means less xp for everyone. We can already use the alt-J thing for clan-arrows (but it's annoying that it defaults back to being off every time you relog).
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The heal isn't that strong compared to a normal player. NPC can have thousands of hp.
    There is no problem to remove that feature again. It came with the recent refactorings I had to do - now we do have an shared base between NPCs and players regarding the damagesystem.
    I like this idea, it adds another dimension to the game and could help bring new PVE experiences.

€dit: wrong thread
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

If we could heal NPC, that would mean that NPC can heal itself or other NPC could heal it. Could spice boss fights a bit in future.
    As for stuns, I have mixed feeling. From one side, stun could supress an enemy that simply moves too fast, from other side, fast moving chars mostly rely on that speed for surviving. I would say, leave stun and slow to the PvE. Mob attacked with freezer gradually would decrease moving and attack speed and those attacked with electroshocker would be paralyzed for few sec and unable to move or attack.

Or...make that slow doesnt stack (strongest overwrite weaker) along with drug that dispel the slow and add immunity for new ones for a cost of drugflash. A slow that wear off but itself also give short immunity to slow. Duration of slow does not reset when hit by new one, unless hit by stronger one.
    Last edited by AlvaroT; 29-06-16 at 19:42.

Stuns shouldn't be stronger than broken legs and they shouldn't be stackable aswell. Fully broken legs defining the maximum of the movement deficit you can have, stuns will not increase that.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

but still with that low runspeed you have to test how much you can slow people down with broken legs. after runspeedcap was introduced to the game in the beginning you could still slow people down with breaking their legs or with the freeze santcum. well it was much too slow, fights were like shoot the legs one time and then go brain afk for the rest of the fight because you hit everything anyway. and if you do a good balancing spys and apus kinda would need some runspeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12