Default [R #199] T#211 - T#213 - Patchnotes

A new Patch is available for Vedeena.

Gameplay Updates

• due to the newly implemented damage system it was neccesary to touch the UI aswell. A shiny new UI implementation which is also still WIP - has found the way into the patch. Damages are shown up more fluent now and each kind of damage has its own color code. Feel free to mod those colors in the RPOSCOLOR.INI
    • As a part of the new damage system NPCs will now have damage zones equal to players. Means head, torso and legs
    • NPCs are now able to receive heals, but not rezz
    • Damage has increased in this build, to be able to do some pvp
      Note: PLEASE DO TEST STUFF WITH STANDARD AMMO - DOTS AND OTHER AMMOS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE RECALCULATIONS YET!

Content & Graphics

• Overhauled damage indicators ( the red numbers above your head )

Bugfixes

• Damages indicators are not becoming invisible anymore
    • A bug was fixed regarding the termination of the client instance.

Known issues

• Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it
    • Some weapons don't do any damage at all as other legacy code effects these. We need your help to track down all weapons which currently do not cause damage.
    • PSI AoE spells may not work correctly - the effect isn't shown but damage should be there
    • The new damage indicators just showing the plain damage you weapon does - there is no armor and resist influence yet.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 22-06-16 at 19:10.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Awesome work!

I love the different color damage for different types. I tested most of the rare pistols and everything seemed to work fine. I was able to kill many of the elf girls in the testing area, dunno if they respawn or not. I'm not sure how I feel about the new font that damage uses, but it's still an improvement over the old one.

Was testing freezer pistols earlier today. Freeze duration and damage seems affected by the TL, but the severity of the freeze effect seemed the same. The freezer effect (we tested all the pistols) was way too severe for serious pvp. I'm already imagining OP wars where everyone stands in places the whole time. It was like 90-95% speed reduction.

I can't load ammo into weapons by dragging ammo onto them. If the gun has some ammo in it, but isn't empty, then I can reload, otherwise the only way to load the gun is using the "refresh" thing that is normally found in Neofrag.

The head/chest/leg damage zones worked on the elves, with headshots doing more damage than leg shots. This should be interesting on stuff like... scorpions or tentacles.

I LOVE that you can heal mobs now. I'll be able to heal mobs that are being used to spawn babies, so we can farm longer. Being able to heal the mob that an LE player is fighting might be somewhat griefy (but... it does sound fun). I will make sure to try group heals and heal sanctums around mobs to see how they are affected.

I'm not sure how I feel about the implant value changes. I think some implants only having one thing on them might be overly simplified. The reflex booster only giving agility now feels boring to me. Why not also have... +7 endurance and -3 transport on it? Rare (and WoC) implants being combined is also pretty weird; a potential problem is more players will compete for the same implants than they currently do, increasing the demand even further, and making it harder to gear up a whole clan.

Adding an alternative way to get MC5 chips than just the base commander would be nice. We've figured out how to farm the guy now and it's just extremely repetitive. Maybe let the guards drop the chip 5% of the time and lower the base commanders health by 33%? Something like that, so players roam around the zone more. I'm bringing this up as I think the implant changes will increase the demand for MC5 chips even more, for a while, and I don't really enjoy farming for them right now.

I've convinced more people to get on Vedeena recently, so hopefully we'll get you a bunch of feedback soon.

Awesome work Zoltan and team; this patch really stands out as game-changing to me.
    Last edited by Drake6k; 22-06-16 at 03:53. Reason: just adding more feedback
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I will log on with Drake and test whatever is needed. If testing is what is holding you back, we're going to try and help with it. We had a lengthy discussion about para, freeze, and stuns tonight. Perhaps he is working up a post to discuss it. We feel with a properly implemented system, it could add a welcome new strategy to pvp that requires teamwork to fully realize. If you're using para/freeze/stun, you should have to be constantly applying that effect while not doing anything else in terms of real damage or utility. It should NOT dominate a 1v1 situation. In this way, the person trying to apply the para/freeze/stun now has a dedicated role, if they so choose. They'll be able to limit someone's mobility, while sacrificing raw dps, or healing or whatever else it is they'd be doing.

This is very imporant. The damage of the weapon or spell applying the speed penalty should have a lower damage that reflects this utility. As it was when we tested, he shot me once with the highest TL freeze pistol, causing me to LIMP ALONG for 30 seconds, while he unloaded with his other weapon. Keep in mind I am a melee character. This should NOT BE POSSIBLE. He should have to constantly shoot me to keep the freeze up. Thusly, any other ranged weapon type character could shoot back, dealing more dps and keeping in line with a fair yet fun mechanic that promotes teamplay and encourages more role diversity in the game.

Cheers!

Edit: As a quick musing about how to balanced the TL curve of said effect. I'll give an example. Say firing causes the target to receive a speed debuff of 50%, for .8 seconds. The lowest TL weapon would have a refire rate of something like 2/second, which would incrementally go down to a refire rate of 1 or .8 to match the duration of the speed debuff, which would allow them to essentially be "locked down" if the person firing chose to maintain fire.
    Last edited by kazvall; 22-06-16 at 08:24.

Glad you like it.

Stuns/Freezes and some parts of the "Damage over Time" mechanics are not working well yet. This will be addressed soon.

You can't reload the ammo by hand because its the wrong ammo Since we do have true weapon families we do have a lot of new ammo too. Each weapon family has its own type of ammo now. This change was made by tool and if the tool detects shared ammo between two different families it will create a clone of that. Unfortunately the name of the ammo is cloned aswell and they're not in the traders list yet.

You can use ammo refresh terminals for testing this idea aligns perfectly with the current situation that only standard ammo is targetted by the balancing tool yet
    Last edited by Zoltan; 22-06-16 at 13:17.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

i testet some weapons with my chars and some weapons are broken. The ionic shotgun pistol deal 963 damage and the ionic shougun cannon deal 1100 damage. the Wyatt Earp deal only 34 damage with one shot. The xbow and the warhammer (tank woc weapon) deal 0 damage and the Devourer deal 550 damage [all testet with standard ammo ]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeast View Post
    i testet some weapons with my chars and some weapons are broken. The ionic shotgun pistol deal 963 damage and the ionic shougun cannon deal 1100 damage. the Wyatt Earp deal only 34 damage with one shot. The xbow and the warhammer (tank woc weapon) deal 0 damage and the Devourer deal 550 damage [all testet with standard ammo ]
    Are these new, blank weapons purchased from the vendors in the Neocronstruct?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

yesi buy all weapons from the vendors in the neocronstuct an buy all my weapons today

Also the Stiletto does an amazing amount of damage - we're on it. Thank you for the report =)
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

zoltan do you stalk me ?? i kill the rats with a stiletto and it`s work fine =)

I noticed that stiletto problem shortly after the release of the patch
    Last edited by Zoltan; 22-06-16 at 13:19.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

next part of my test line are rifles and melee weapons i can only test the rifle on my tank because i can`t create a new char because the name in alredy in use

Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    PLEASE add one of these for Titan!!! I'd try to maintain at least 50% of the PKs. I love it.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    PLEASE add one of these for Titan!!! I'd try to maintain at least 50% of the PKs. I love it.
    This isn't supported by the titan server yet
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Stun effects should be scraped all together... It is just an area that will slow progression on the upcoming changes without adding any benefit... Well it would benefit players that can't aim fast moving characters, but that can be overcome by practicing. There is already more than enough work that needs completing. We have played without the effects for at least 12 months, and have never even missed the effects. It would have negative effects on the OP fight scence aswel. At present it is possible to win fights with a lesser number of people on your side with a combination of good teamplay/ target focussing and movement. With added stun effects it would make it very difficult for those clans with lesser players... You would be able to simply focus the other clans fighters with Stun effects and destroy them while they are unable to avoid attacks. Please just scrap all stun effects and focus on the core fundamentals, i.e getting the general weapon balance finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast