Default Remove % server pop and show real numbers

A thought came to me today. I was looking at Tech haven for something and i saw the server tracker window. Always thought that was a brilliant move but then it occurred to me that it shows both the % of players and the real number of clients logged in. I wont call them all players because of dual logging but the point remains.

3% pop to me was a huge negative. It doesn't show tangible numbers. It could mean literally anything. When i saw 27 clients online however that actually made me think ok there are people playing. I should join them.

never seen a game anywhere that shows a server population count by this percentage system and I have still never been able to figure out why on earth this was a thing. It doesnt motivate anyone to join in when you cant see how many people are there already.

TL;DR

Change the percentage server pop to real numbers. Encourage more people to log on and play and not be dissuaded.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

++

Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Sounds like I'll be removing the % population as well from the THN Stats DB and the population tracker on the homepage.

I have to agree showing the % population when you log in, is one of KK's many daft ideas they had for NC2.

27 is a low number, but it sounds better than 2% or 3%
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

I think it would possibly encourage people to log in more as well. Seeing 27 actual living breathing targets to shoot at really does float some peoples boats.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    ++

Just as a confirmation, this change of percentage capacity to raw population numbers will be implemented in the next Titan patch.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Wicked SICK!
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Same ips filtered to just show one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Same ips filtered to just show one?
    Bad for business

But very informative.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

it was implemented because the general public dont know the server cap, so seeing 499 players doesnt tell you anything when the server cap is 500.... but seeing 99% would allow people to know how full the server actually is.

of coarse when the pops are low like this, the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    it was implemented because the general public dont know the server cap, so seeing 499 players doesnt tell you anything when the server cap is 500.... but seeing 99% would allow people to know how full the server actually is.

of coarse when the pops are low like this, the opposite is true.
    If i saw 499 players i wouldnt log off. I would be scared cause the server would be heaving and i wouldnt want to lose my spot. that and i would probably be out trying to fight people
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

my point was if you knew there were 499 people and couldnt get on..... you would be wondering wtf was going on..... you wouldnt know the server was near cap and the last spot got taken before you...

It makes no sense to use % as long there is no information about the total players a server can have.
    Or simple said "% of what amount?". Actually its based on 900 players.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    It makes no sense to use % as long there is no information about the total players a server can have.
    Or simple said "% of what amount?". Actually its based on 900 players.
    Away goes the awkward math! In comes the real numbers!

We have made this same change it is a great idea to show actual numbers vs a percentage of X that confuses people all day.
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules ]