Default Cash sink - Belt recovery? additional safe slot?

So LE players currently get a malus on cash and xp earned by having their LE in and this is a good thing.

However this impedes their progress in generating money for the economy from the traditional forms of cash generation - hunting mobs.

Regular players will accumulate more wealth over time than casual players even with the LE in but what about focussing some attention on the risk/reward that non-le regular players and even some casual players will experience?

By that I mean the belt drop issue.

As we all know, players can sometimes drop valuable items in their belts - not often admittedly unless you are a ppu but it does still happen. I would like to investigate the feasibility of having these items returned to the player in some manner by way of a recovery button - like we used to have with the old backpack recovery mechanic. Is this possible?

If it is possible then could the belts be given a time limit before the recovery option becomes available? To give a rival chance to hack said item for example?

So thats one idea down.

A second one which may or may not interest some people might be some form of insurance on a 2nd safe slot? rentable by a period of time perhaps for example. I know lots of old players in the past who used to like carrying two rares to warzones to save reloading (dual CS for example) but wouldnt necessarily want to risk this in a belt drop zone.

Is this in any way feasible?

Basically I am trying to think up ideas AROUND the core mechanics which would enhance the cash rich player for a period of time without being a malus or other negative against the casual (not so rich) player.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

How much did backpack recovery used to cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Dependent on level of the runner. It scaled off that. similar to how it works today upon death. however you respawned with no gear and imps popped and you had the option to either recover your equipment there and then or you could go off and pick up the backpack if memory serves.

They removed the backpack thing due to server load and instead made it so you recover equipment upon respawn and were taxed accordingly. I dont know the exact formula to work out cost but it was about 4k maximum.

I would pay for belt recovery too. If it was something valuable im sure it would be viewed as a great service but my worry is what about the people (im sure there are still people who do it) who will go off round the wastes with a hack char looking for belts and hacking them for salvaging of the item inside. Personally i always enjoyed that part of nc. It was like a random loot reward if you could crack the belt. This aspect would die if auto belt recovery became a thing.

Again on the flip side of this if the belt truly is that valuable whos gonna leave it out there. most belts that are left in the waste truly are junk.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I remember BP recovery alright, and I remember one of my backpacks being unrecoverable in person (empty) or by using the GR option. Goodbye rares

I couldn't remember the cost though!

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

I remember it being 1k per level or so. May be wrong though.

From the "paper cuts" thread and a response there from triv I think this idea may be a non-starter however.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"