Thread: OP Fights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    What is the current status of op fighting then? I mean is it all Woc spies stealthing everywhere now and 1 ppu and one fighter per team? How is it working? What guns are viable etc? What pvp is considered "good"?
    Oh man, that is a great question.

The best PVP classes are PPU (duh), APU (best damage with holy frost and anti-buff), WoC rifle spy with AK, aaaaandd everyone else is kinda shit? WoC pistols spys are fine, WoC pistol PEs are OK, Slasher PEs are fine. Did I miss anything? Probably, but the game still desperately needs a rare rebalance (come on Zoltan!!!)

OP fights are fun, but I'm not that into Spys running so fucking fast I cant hit them (redflash and paratemol x-forte). We need more viable rares and less required classes (ppu, apu) and we need to nerf stealth. Stealth whoring is a pain in the ass and it's a huge part of current pvp. True Sight Sanctum isn't enough to combat stealth and we need more options.

I love PVP, it's why I play NC, but since I still have PVE goals and new character ideas, I'm still busy leveling new characters and trying new builds. Yeah I PVP on Run, Jack Drake, My Ppu, and others, but I'm not happy with them or their style quite yet. There are not many viable ways to play NC and win OP wars right now, which sucks, because I hate choosing cookie-cutter play-styles

edit: I forgot to mention: Everyone has 2 or more accounts and they all dual log. If you kill one guy, he'll log his alt and show up. So you're fighting 4 dudes but it feels like 8-12 dudes. I miss Pluto :\
    Last edited by Drake6k; 05-05-16 at 06:33.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post

OP fights are fun, but I'm not that into Spys running so fucking fast I cant hit them (redflash and paratemol x-forte). We need more viable rares and less required classes (ppu, apu) and we need to nerf stealth. Stealth whoring is a pain in the ass and it's a huge part of current pvp. True Sight Sanctum isn't enough to combat stealth and we need more options.
    Spies have small hitbox, maybe thats why its hard for u to hit, skilled people can hit them tho. But spies also have low con and str(pierce resist). So i would call that balanced.

Stealth dont need nerf, true sight do just fine inside a OP. Let alone 2 PPUs using truesight.

Spies are nice for attacking team, cause they have stealth and enough INT for WEP and hack. But defending i would suggest PE and tank and APU.

Anarchy activist Logan_storm_03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Spies have small hitbox, maybe thats why its hard for u to hit, skilled people can hit them tho. But spies also have low con and str(pierce resist). So i would call that balanced.

Stealth dont need nerf, true sight do just fine inside a OP. Let alone 2 PPUs using truesight.

Spies are nice for attacking team, cause they have stealth and enough INT for WEP and hack. But defending i would suggest PE and tank and APU.
    Stealth whorer detected
    Max Hack - Belt fiend.
    H@rD W@ng - Co-leader

Quote Originally Posted by Logan_storm_03 View Post
    Stealth whorer detected
    Oooooh yeahhhh baby, love it.

I actually want truesight to be nerfed or better yet, deleted from NC ^^

yeah true sight is stupid atm. makes no sense. but the whole balancing in general makes no sense. everyone has the same lame runspeed and the resist difference between classes kinda became smaller.

OK so the short version is it's still more or less pointless. Cheers. I'll stick with rust for now.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

OK so the short version is it's still more or less pointless. Cheers. I'll stick with rust for now.
    It’s not pointless we’ve had some great fights under the latest balancing, it’s about adapting, rowing with the oars you have. It’s been nearly 10 months now since we have been challenged on the battlefield. Unfortunately we seem to have made several clans retire after giving a "prison pounding"… We had some short lived fun with immune, but that has already dried up. We’re always happy to provide support and practice fights with rezz’s etc. so not too much time is wasted poking up after a battle. Also we’re always open to fights with limited character use, i.e. op fight with just tanks and a ppu to provide more fun and balanced fights. We’re not one of those clans that wants to win at no matter what cost, that use all means available, i.e. barrels, kami’s, aoe so you don’t have to worry about being shot to half HP before you’ve even made it out of the UG, but we’re happy to fight against that if you are short on resources. At least one of us is usually floating around online after 7pm GMT so feel to drop us a message if you would like to engage in some combat!

Sorry mate but I think you misunderstood me, I was looking for a reason to install the game and I havent actually found it here at all.

Good luck anyway.

Good luck anyway.
    Thanks, we will need it, no competition for us

I wish it wasnt such a hassle to be able to pvp in this game. Thats the part that puts me off. I often dont have hours a day any more to play and I wish I did. I want to be able to pick the game up and jump into a fight not spend hours waiting for the other crew to phone up their mates and get everyone to log in via Steamchat or whatever else.

It is such a cliche but it truly is the snowball effect but in reverse here. I sincerely hope the op fight scene picks up for you but for me as a casual pvper now I dont see it happening. If the old days of Pepper Park raids were still kicking around then it may provide some more lasting appeal but zoneline hugging pvp gets stale quick.

Props to you for the efforts in attempting to get "fair" fights however, that part is a plus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123