Default THN - Downtime and moving

As some of you know, the THN has been missing in action since yesterday (6th April) since about 18:00. The box has been known to fall over now and again, as it's a small VPS box with 1gig of memory. This time, the box has fallen over, but the VPS control panel can't reboot it.

I've raised a ticket with hosting provider, but after 24 hours, they have not responded to my ticket which is... well just pick the right sort of insults you read on OOC chat.

It has been planned to move to a more powerful box for a while, so right now I've started provisioning a new box to move the THN.

So what does this mean. For now the THN will be offline for a little longer until the move is completed. I'm aiming try and get the move done by Sunday. Watch this space for updates, and feel free to fire any questions.

Thank you for the updates!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Right update - the missing THN server has re-appeared.

From checking the logs the server has been up for the last 2 days, but unable to contact the rest of the internet. Looks like the problem started just after 10 am on the 6th April.

As for the hosting provider, well they still have not replied to me. So they will be ditched ASAP. (http://www.rackulous.com/) have provided a decent machine over the last few years, but I can find better machines for less. However the poor communications from them over the last few downtimes has been very poor.

The THN is now in a state of being partially moved. The Rares DB, forums, wiki and Stats DB are on the old "Merlin" THN server, and the main page and items DB are on the new "Sedna" THN Server. I will be moving things to the new server over the next week with announcements. So please start using the THN again but keep in mind the services will be moving.

Once again sorry for the downtime, but thanks for your understanding.
    Last edited by Brammers; 08-04-16 at 14:14.

Kiss with DIS

Hi Brammers,

Thankyou for the updates and for keeping THN going, it really is an invaluable service.

Right the wiki is now moved. Also the API for the old Items DB is fixed and working again. Something else got moved, I'm just seeing who read anything I write.

Next set of moves will be the Rares DB, Forums, and Stats DB. This will happen on Sunday from 11:00BST onwards.

Thanks for keeping all this stuff up Brammers. Still use it on a regular basis.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

All the rest of the services are moved to the new server. DNS updates may take upto 3 hours or more to filter through.

Any issues, things not working etc post them here.

Greetings, I noticed a problem with the THN Wiki. Numerous files seem to be missing, see the wiki file list here.

Are all those files lost or can they be recovered?

Looking forward to reply.

That's not good. Not sure how that happened.

Anyway, I had a look in an old backup system I've tried 3 files so far and found all 3 of them. I cam't say this is going to be the case for all the missing files, but it looks like there is a good chance of restoring the missing files.

Will let you know the progress later.

Good man. You rock. Keep up the good work.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Good news, looks like the old backup had all the missing images which are now been restored.

If you find any more missing images, please post a link to the image page and I'll see what needs to be done.

Not sure what went wrong, but I am starting to suspect I used an old (Wrong) backup set when I moved the server, since I did find 2 sets of backups of the image files for the THN wiki. However I just prefer to blame Hell-Demon for calling me a good man.
    Last edited by Brammers; 20-06-16 at 19:35.

Great to hear - thanks Brammers!

Like Apocalypsox, I also use the Wiki and ItemDB frequently as an information source. Highly valuable.
    "Do or do not. There is no trying." -Yoda
    ---
    Bin garnix auf Server nirgendwo.....
    Weil KK die Downloadversion net rausrückt

Lolwat, accidential login using my good old forum account. What a pleasant surprise
    "Do or do not. There is no trying." -Yoda
    ---
    Bin garnix auf Server nirgendwo.....
    Weil KK die Downloadversion net rausrückt

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Brammers, would you be able to setup an item page similar to the current one for NC1 circa PL #200 for ahem nostalgia purposes? I think the links are broken on the current page