Default It's good to be back.

Before Neocron, I only knew of a few MMOs. Everquest. Ultima Online. World of Warcraft had just been announced. Mostly back then I only played RTS and FPS games. Quake, Doom, Half-Life, Unreal, Starcraft, Age of Empires, etc.

A few of my friends started talking about Neocron. A post apocalyptic cyber punk MMO that worked similar to a FPS game. After seeing a few screenshots and talking to my friends (who were in Beta 3), I signed up. This was early summer of 2002. I was too late for Beta 3, but Beta 4 was open. Only having a Dialup connection then, I stayed after work and used their ISDN to download the 1 GB sized client. Within a few hours I was hooked. I didn't get a lot of work done the next day because I was thinking about Neocron. This was my first MMO. It was amazing. The world, the sounds. Seeing other people in a game - most of whom were not shooting at me.

The North America release of Neocron came about a month after the German release and over a month after Beta 4 shutdown. I was calling the local EBgames store every few nights asking if they got it in yet. I played heavily for the first few months, but after a while, especially when my friends stopped playing, I decided to take a break. For the next few years I played off and on.

After Dome of York went from a free expansion to a paid expansion to a full blown re-release coupled with a subscription fee increase, paying again for the full game and the big item wipe I decided to call it quits. It wasn't easy. I was out of work at the time and financially it just didn't seem wise.

I played in the Beta of Neocron 2 for a while when it was up. And in early 2006 I played for like a week in the trial. Shortly before my World of Warcraft addiction began. Over the last 10 years I've been playing WoW and a few other MMOs, but I've always remembered my first. Neocron. I popped in the forums every so often. I've got like 5 CDs worth of screenshots. 3 of those CDs are where I basically went everywhere I could think of in the world - since it was changing for Neocron 2 - and screenshotted everything.

For a long time I've wanted to play again. One thing that held me back was the daunting prospect of having to level a character up again from scratch. I'm sure the old Neocron 1 database is long, long gone. A week or two ago I finally decided to just suck it up, login and do what I needed to do. I wanted to roam the Wastelands again. I wanted to see Tech Haven, Military Base, roam around and hunt warbots.

So I did. I spent several hours running missions in the sewers and then graduated to an aggressor cellar. Two very nice people just came up to me and gave me 280,000nc (combined) after talking to me and realizing I was new/returning. This helped *a lot*. I was able to spend more money building better weapons and get a vehicle.

I'm not strong enough to take down Warbots yet, but my Rifle-totting Constructing Spy is working his way there. Most of the people I've run into have been nice. I'm kinda surprised how easily I got back into the groove. I still remember where most everything was.

Thanks to Reakktor, the Neocron Support Team and the Community for keeping this game going.

I attached some fun screenshots and my old forum signature for fun.

NC-Paris.jpg
    Old signature

shot1515.png
    Server selection screen

p_char13.jpg
    My old main, Paris, Rifle Spy on Pluto. Via Rosso level 3 apartment in Via Rosso sector 1.

shot1447.jpg
    Dome of York bots. everywhere.

shot1386.jpg
    Voice of the Resistance meeting in the worm tunnels.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Welcome back

Hnggg that server selection screen though right in the nostalgia feels.

That conjured up so many memories for me to Roger. Man that is some emotion!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

A warm welcome back to the community and Neocron. Be sure to visit the forums often and post any questions or queries you have and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Have fun out there!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Welcome back mate still is a nice bunch of guys playing nc , just shout in help chat if you need anything people will help

Ooh, what were your characters called on Pluto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Ooh, what were your characters called on Pluto?
    Just Paris (Pluto only had 1 char slot). I was briefly in the Neocron Intelligence Agency with my friend "Charles Lotak". I didn't really talk much, so I doubt anyone would remember me. Though there were a few multi-slotted weapons out there with my name on it for a while. I always loved that feature. I had a few characters on Uranus as well. Chili Palmer, Robert Hogan, Undercover Brother and Walter Hawke.

More old fun screenshots

shot0068.pngshot0464.pngshot0537.jpg
    shot0281.jpgshot0189.jpgshot0029.jpg
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by mystery8 View Post
    Just Paris (Pluto only had 1 char slot). I was briefly in the Neocron Intelligence Agency with my friend "Charles Lotak". I didn't really talk much, so I doubt anyone would remember me. Though there were a few multi-slotted weapons out there with my name on it for a while. I always loved that feature. I had a few characters on Uranus as well. Chili Palmer, Robert Hogan, Undercover Brother and Walter Hawke.

More old fun screenshots

shot0068.pngshot0464.pngshot0537.jpg
    shot0281.jpgshot0189.jpgshot0029.jpg
    Please dump as many NC1 screen shots as you can.
    i would pay good money for NC1 server to be up and going.