Talking Greetings and Hello! Introductions and stuff!

So I managed to stumble upon Neocron again. I say again because I have played this game before back when it was still a paid game, way way waaaay long ago. And once when it was community driven like it is still.
    However I never really gave the game a good shot, a proper shot. I've always enjoyed playing it, but I never really knew what I was doing, or really played with other people. I just ran around enjoying the style and atmosphere, doing some missions here and there, and generally being super confused.

So time to do this properly, Hello Neocron community! My name's Wckdneer, and I'd love to get to know this gorgeous gem of gaming called Neocron!
    Despite my lack of understanding of it, I've always been in love with this game. I'd even quote "wherever you want to go, go NEXT" occasionally when friends would say "lets go" in real life or the ever ominous "NCPD has an eye on YOU!". And I listen to the game's soundtrack often. Surely that must mean I have to put some energy into this game properly right?

I'd be grateful for anyone wanting to put some of their precious time and energy into helping me with potential questions and teaching me any tips and tricks even those that sometimes maybe only veterans of the game know. I know this game is very anti-intuitive at times, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Learning curves are good!
    To clarify I am not asking to be given free stuff or anything like that, I just want to understand the game, and learn how to properly play it, what equipment to use, how to acquire it, how to level properly and efficiently. All that good stuff. Stuff that comes from communicating and experiencing the game. Sort of being mentored if you will.
    And I know being a newbie means I'll be asking lots of silly and probably tiring questions, so in advance thanks for putting up with that!

Kiss with DIS

Hi Wckdneer,

Welcome back to NC! I would first suggest making yourself familiar with www.techhaven.org/, here you will find a plethora of reliable information, ranging from character class information and skill guides to weapon types and mission guides. (it looks like its down right this minute but should be back soon)
    Also make sure to use the help channel within the NC game, there are plenty of people who will gladly offer in-game help if you need a hand.

If you are stuck for anything just ask one of the immune guys and tell them Dis sent you, we can certainly help get you setup early game so you are not struggling for gear.

Anyway hope to see you in game!

just rely on what you remember, and dont stop asking. welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Hi Wckdneer,

Welcome back to NC! I would first suggest making yourself familiar with www.techhaven.org/, here you will find a plethora of reliable information, ranging from character class information and skill guides to weapon types and mission guides. (it looks like its down right this minute but should be back soon)
    Yeah I'm afraid the THN is down atm, and I'm not able to control it via the VPS control panel. I suspect there is an issue with the cloud provider so will have to wait for them to respond to my ticket.

So apologies for the downtime, I know server populations are up and players need the THN. Will post a tweet when it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    just rely on what you remember, and dont stop asking. welcome back.
    Good advice, we are all a friendly bunch willing to help.

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebz.

It's dated, confusing, and chaotic in a cyberpunk kind of way.

Just the way we like it.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Welcome back to the community, thanks for giving us another shot. I hope you enjoy your new adventures within Neocron

As I hope you can already tell, the community are a helpful bunch and are always willing to help out new guys. You can always fall back here to the forum too, as someone will likely always answer any questions you have.

Have fun!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Welcome back keep an eye out for a clan called immune, we are a nice bunch of guys if you need anything give us a shout we will hello u

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Also make sure to use the help channel within the NC game, there are plenty of people who will gladly offer in-game help if you need a hand.

If you are stuck for anything just ask one of the immune guys and tell them Dis sent you, we can certainly help get you setup early game so you are not struggling for gear.

Anyway hope to see you in game!
    Thanks for the advice and the offer on help! =] I'll be sure to make use of the in-game help channel! Good tip!
    And I might take you guys up on the offer of some early gear, if its not trouble. After all I don't really like getting free stuff unless it really isn't a problem at all. More so than that I'd like to know what I'm looking for with gear, so I can understand why its good too! Because that kind of stuff was something I really struggled with. But I'll leave that for a question when I'm in-game =D Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Yeah I'm afraid the THN is down atm
    I remember THN from way back, good site! thanks for keeping it around as much as you can. I'll look forward for when it's up again and make sure to take the information that is available on it. Again thanks for keeping such a great resource around!

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Welcome to our little corner of the interwebz.

It's dated, confusing, and chaotic in a cyberpunk kind of way.

Just the way we like it.
    I agree! Dated confusing and chaotic, with an awesome style and atmosphere. And that makes it all the more worth the effort of getting to know it's more intimate side right? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Welcome back to the community, thanks for giving us another shot. I hope you enjoy your new adventures within Neocron

As I hope you can already tell, the community are a helpful bunch and are always willing to help out new guys. You can always fall back here to the forum too, as someone will likely always answer any questions you have.

Have fun!
    Thanks for the welcome back, and I don't think I ever gave the game a real shot so I'm technically giving it it's first real one =] After all, playing an MMO running around by myself barely communicating with others and with no direction or intention isn't really giving the game a shot right? =D

And I agree you all seem welcoming and friendly! I guess that's why this game is still surviving, because of an awesome community. And I'm glad for that, because as I've mentioned, even though I never got really into the game, I fell in love with it from the first 10 minutes I ever played it, and I'm ever grateful that it's still around after all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Welcome back keep an eye out for a clan called immune, we are a nice bunch of guys if you need anything give us a shout we will hello u
    Thank you! And I'm glad to hear from the many nice people here indeed! I wasn't expecting this many replies to this thread as it got so quickly =]

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Yeah I'm afraid the THN is down atm, and I'm not able to control it via the VPS control panel.
    THN is back up again so hopefully the OP is filling their boots with all the info they need to figure out the NC enigma